• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad they didn't try to overpay for once but it backfired lol
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      I'm glad they didn't try to overpay for once but it backfired lol
      Sounds like it was less about the overpay and more about Ibaka being #2 to Gasol...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Sounds like it was less about the overpay and more about Ibaka being #2 to Gasol...
        Ibaka as a stretch 5 has unlocked the potential of the Clippers, allowing them to play 5-out and opening up space for Kawhi & PG. Much better fit than Harrell or Zubac.

But hey, Gasol is still “winning his minutes” out there with Lebron and AD, so good for both of them.

Comment

• Future Raptor Beal is wreaking havoc against the 76ers.
          We really should offer Paskal for him NOW!

Comment

• Shoulda have just offered serge the entire C bag and not even worried about Gasol unless he wanted to come on the contract Len got.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Shoulda have just offered serge the entire C bag and not even worried about Gasol unless he wanted to come on the contract Len got.
              Wasn't Gasol supposed to be leaving for Spain?
              Those are strong red flags and even without them, he isn't effective anymore anyway.
              This was a big F by Masai and co.
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jan 6, 2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Randle has found a home in NY.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Randle has found a home in NY.
                  Randle wants a contract extension.

Comment

• what about vuc?

Comment

• Yeah, for whatever reason they really didn't want to bring back either Serge or Marc (which I've been saying for a while) - because they could absolutely have outbid what they got rather handily if they picked one to bring back, and seemed to be happy not to.

I think a bad decision not to pony up for Marc. Serge... I don't think much would be different with him here. But I wouldn't have minded a one year deal. They clearly preferred finding out what they had in Boucher and grabbing a couple veteran stopgaps to play around him. Not exactly paying off thus far, though with time maybe Baynes figures out when to expect passes and learns the defence. Len will always be limited even in drop coverage.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think a bad decision not to pony up for Marc. Serge... I don't think much would be different with him here.
                        This is bold.

I’m not a prophet, but I think you might get a few responses on that one.

Comment

From Grange....

I question Masai just a little bit more if he missed out on Ibaka (while still keeping space for Giannis) in favor of also pursuing Gasol....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I question Masai just a little bit more if he missed out on Ibaka (while still keeping space for Giannis) in favor of also pursuing Gasol....
                            They either miscalculated or didn't much care either way. Both are possible. I suspect they thought that between Baynes and Boucher they could get passable center play and that was a reasonable assumption but it hasn't worked out that way cause Baynes has fallen off a cliff. Boucher has been good, though.

Comment

They either miscalculated or didn't much care either way. Both are possible. I suspect they thought that between Baynes and Boucher they could get passable center play and that was a reasonable assumption but it hasn't worked out that way cause Baynes has fallen off a cliff. Boucher has been good, though.
                              I'm hoping Baynes will still be OK. We only need him to come as advertised.

Comment

• Mark it on you calendar..Feb 05, after that day..your gonna c alot of player movement with the raptor roster..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X