• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

defence is the issue.
    Rebounding, blocks, straight line drives to the rim are the problem. The Raptors are okay with conceding 3pt shots. It's the embarrassing back door cuts and layups that lose games for them.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Lowry is our best player at 74 years old but JV can't contribute beyond 29? (just tuned last week btw)
    defence is the issue.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't think he's too old or not good or anything like that, I think they think he doesn't fit with their young core in the long term. That's been the plan, anyway. Haven't heard that it's changed yet.
    ​​​​
    Lowry is our best player at 74 years old but JV can't contribute beyond 29? (just tuned last week btw)

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post

I somewhat follow Grizz more closely as he's my countryman. JJJ is unreliable and inconsistent. At this rate, he's Porzingis type of prospect, huge potential, injury prone, and with very little improvement in those three years, even when it comes to basketball fundamentals. Fans are kind of giving up on him.

Clarke sure, Ja for sure (and he has a great connection with JV). JV is their 2nd, 3rd most important player right now depending on the matchup, not sure how you can think he's too old while being 29 as well, haha.
    I don't think he's too old or not good or anything like that, I think they think he doesn't fit with their young core in the long term. That's been the plan, anyway. Haven't heard that it's changed yet.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

What do you mean a keeper right now? afaik he's always been a transition plan, JJJ & Clarke are the future frontcourt, Ja & Brooks are the future on the perimeter, put all those guys together and JV's a few years too old and his salary will get in the way after this deal expires. They gave him a 3 year deal (year 3 next year) because it expires the same offseason as JJJ is due his next, presumably much larger, contract. They'll have two offseasons to re-sign that whole core (Ja/Brooks/Clarke/JJJ) and when a team hits a stage like that there just isn't salary space for a guy like JV, who they'll be hoping is on the bench at that point if Clarke and JJJ keep developing.

At least that's where I understand things are at, if anyone follows the Grizz more closely please tell me if I'm full of shit.
    I somewhat follow Grizz more closely as he's my countryman. JJJ is unreliable and inconsistent. At this rate, he's Porzingis type of prospect, huge potential, injury prone, and with very little improvement in those three years, even when it comes to basketball fundamentals. Fans are kind of giving up on him.

Clarke sure, Ja for sure (and he has a great connection with JV). JV is their 2nd, 3rd most important player right now depending on the matchup, not sure how you can think he's too old while being 29 as well, haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X