Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

    I'd like to see your all star teams this season. Not trolling, just genuinely curious since your parameters knock out Butler and Bam, Luka, and Beal among others
    I think Luka and Beal get voted in. I don't think Butler or Bam should make it personally. Last year Beal had the most points in the East and didn't make the team.

    Here are my early selections:

    East starters: Beal, Harden (or Irving), Durant, Giannis, Embiid
    East Reserves (3F, 2G, 2 Utility): Tatum, Middleton, Randle, Young, Harris, Sabonis, Brown

    West starters: Doncic, Curry, James, Leonard, Jokic
    West Reserves (3F, 2G, 2 Utility): Gobert, Davis, George, Booker, Lillard, Mitchell, DeRozan


    Irving (or Harden) shouldn't get in.. Brooklyn only deserves 2 stars, not 3. Some tough snubs would also include guys like Simmons, VanVleet, Adebayo, Sexton, Woods, Fox, Morant, etc. I'm picking Harris over Simmons since I think Harris has had a better season so far.

    But it's early.. and if by the time coach's have to get their votes in and the Raptors move up to 5th or 6th spot, then you sub in VanVleet over a guy like Young or Randle.

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Couldn't care less who gets into the All Popularity Game.It's the worst all star game of the major sports with so little to do with an actual game. I'd sooner our guys get some rest and see their families just like those who are voted in are bitching about
      Last year's game was the best all-star game I've ever seen in any sport. If they got these guys caring it will be a good game.. and they cared last year.

      I think the pro bowl generally is the worst all-star game though. It's done when the season is over, and nobody cares about it. But to be honest, I've only seen a handful. Maybe the game is better now?

      Seen a lot of NHL all-star games. MLB is probably the best of the 4, but it's baseball.

      Comment


      • “It's a very noble thing for our fans to do and they care about us so much,” said VanVleet, responding to a sub-sect of Raptors fans specifically not voting for the team’s players to keep them safe and healthy. “But they're going to do what they want to do. I'm not going to tell them what to do one way or another. It's going to be what it's going to be and all-star is what it is. I'm not gonna comment on that one. We know what that's about and whatever fans choose to do, that's what they're gonna do.”

        haha when has this ever been a thing? Fans have voted totally undeserving players in before, sometimes from a social media joke. Other times, a large fanbase will get behind a homer marginal player. But purposely not voting for them in order "to keep them safe and healthy"?

        More like fans know there's really no Raptor that deserves to go this year.

        Comment


        • G__Deane wrote: View Post
          “It's a very noble thing for our fans to do and they care about us so much,” said VanVleet, responding to a sub-sect of Raptors fans specifically not voting for the team’s players to keep them safe and healthy. “But they're going to do what they want to do. I'm not going to tell them what to do one way or another. It's going to be what it's going to be and all-star is what it is. I'm not gonna comment on that one. We know what that's about and whatever fans choose to do, that's what they're gonna do.”

          haha when has this ever been a thing? Fans have voted totally undeserving players in before, sometimes from a social media joke. Other times, a large fanbase will get behind a homer marginal player. But purposely not voting for them in order "to keep them safe and healthy"?

          More like fans know there's really no Raptor that deserves to go this year.
          Could be, a lot of the as voting momentum is on social media and Raptors fan social media does not have the usual momentum. Some divided opinions about whether they should be playing at all, a fair bit of panic after the rough start, and yes some loud voices re the ASG maybe should not even be happening. I'm not surprised the normal engagement isn't there from our fanbase, some of it just a result of those dynamics and some of it a deliberate 'protest,' sure. Can't say how much of the latter.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Couldn't care less who gets into the All Popularity Game.It's the worst all star game of the major sports with so little to do with an actual game. I'd sooner our guys get some rest and see their families just like those who are voted in are bitching about
            Counter Argument: The NFL Pro Bowl

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post

              Last year's game was the best all-star game I've ever seen in any sport. If they got these guys caring it will be a good game.. and they cared last year.

              I think the pro bowl generally is the worst all-star game though. It's done when the season is over, and nobody cares about it. But to be honest, I've only seen a handful. Maybe the game is better now?

              Seen a lot of NHL all-star games. MLB is probably the best of the 4, but it's baseball.
              MLB All-Star Game would be more interesting if there wasn't any inter-league play imho.

              Comment


              • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

                Counter Argument: The NFL Pro Bowl
                Point taken. But at least there's still a bit of ceremonial contact there.
                Why do you think there was so much hoopla when Kyle took a single charge lol

                Comment


                • Thoughts on DRose trade?

                  Comment


                  • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    Thoughts on DRose trade?
                    Thibs couldnt stand to see the dude still playing despite his best efforts to kill him with minutes and injuries. Now he's getting him back to finish the job off.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      “It's a very noble thing for our fans to do and they care about us so much,” said VanVleet, responding to a sub-sect of Raptors fans specifically not voting for the team’s players to keep them safe and healthy. “But they're going to do what they want to do. I'm not going to tell them what to do one way or another. It's going to be what it's going to be and all-star is what it is. I'm not gonna comment on that one. We know what that's about and whatever fans choose to do, that's what they're gonna do.”

                      haha when has this ever been a thing? Fans have voted totally undeserving players in before, sometimes from a social media joke. Other times, a large fanbase will get behind a homer marginal player. But purposely not voting for them in order "to keep them safe and healthy"?

                      More like fans know there's really no Raptor that deserves to go this year.
                      If you say so. There is quite a bit of "don't send them to the spreader event" going around on twitter, including among the most prominent Raptors posters/fans.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • Brady and Gronk en route to another Tampa championship.

                        This just adds more pressure on the Tampa Bay Raptors to win it all this season.

                        Comment


                        • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          Brady and Gronk en route to another Tampa championship.

                          This just adds more pressure on the Tampa Bay Raptors to win it all this season.
                          Pressure to win for those diehard Tampa fans.... who boo the Raptors every night.

                          Comment


                          • The Great One wrote: View Post

                            There are only 2 athletes in sports history that I will not bet against. One is MJ and the other is Brady. So yeah i have the Bucs beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

                            i know Mahomes is special I get all that but I'm sticking with my guy, the greatest to ever do it - Tom Brady.
                            I told y'all. I told y'all. Tom Brady is the greatest ever. You don't bet against that guy. I don't want to hear it anymore. So many disrespectful comments towards Brady during this run especially in the Packers game were people were saying Rodgers > Brady. Are you kidding me? Rodgers is not even in the same level as Brady. And then in this Super Bowl, they advertised it as GOAT vs GOAT lol. C'mon. Mahomes is SPECIAL but this loss against 43 year old Brady ended his GOAT bid even if he wins 7 Super Bowl(unlikely). It's over.

                            Brady just entered his own stratosphere for GOAT athlete. He is now the greatest athlete in North American sports history. Wish he did it as a Patriot but whatever i'm happy for the guy. He now has now more Super Bowl wins than any NFL franchise.

                            Brady
                            Jordan
                            Ali

                            Mood right now.

                            Last edited by The Great One; Sun Feb 7, 2021, 11:07 PM.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • The Great One wrote: View Post

                              I told y'all. I told y'all. Tom Brady is the greatest ever. You don't bet against that guy. I don't want to hear it anymore. So many disrespectful comments towards Brady during this run especially in the Packers game were people were saying Rodgers > Brady. Are you kidding me? Rodgers is not even in the same level as Brady. And then in this Super Bowl, they advertised it as GOAT vs GOAT lol. C'mon. Mahomes is SPECIAL but this loss against 43 year old Brady ended his GOAT bid even if he wins 7 Super Bowl(unlikely). It's over.

                              Brady just entered his own stratosphere for GOAT athlete. He is now the greatest athlete in North American sports history. Wish he did it as a Patriot but whatever i'm happy for the guy. He now has now more Super Bowl wins than any NFL franchise.

                              Brady
                              Jordan
                              Ali

                              Mood right now.

                              not that i expect anything but the stupidest, most reductive takes to come from you, but brady was not the biggest reason they won that game. they won the game because tampa's defence got to mahomes without needing to blitz at all, allowing them to play two high safeties covering everything downfield while the front still got home over and over. it was the complete opposite of every game bowles has ever called, and was successful because KC's line was decimated by injuries.

                              brady was good. a dozen other quarterbacks in the league also would have won that game for them. switch the QB's and the outcome is the exact same.

                              also when did you stop being a seahawks fan and become a pats fan (or bucs fan)?

                              Comment


                              • chris wrote: View Post

                                not that i expect anything but the stupidest, most reductive takes to come from you, but brady was not the biggest reason they won that game. they won the game because tampa's defence got to mahomes without needing to blitz at all, allowing them to play two high safeties covering everything downfield while the front still got home over and over. it was the complete opposite of every game bowles has ever called, and was successful because KC's line was decimated by injuries.

                                brady was good. a dozen other quarterbacks in the league also would have won that game for them. switch the QB's and the outcome is the exact same.

                                also when did you stop being a seahawks fan and become a pats fan (or bucs fan)?
                                People here always act like they know me lol. I'm from BC of course I follow the Seahawks as well, hard not to. But i'm a Patriots fan first.

                                Speaking of stupid comment. You said any other QB would have won that game for them? would the Bucs even make the playoffs if it was another QB? the Bucs are the most irrelevant franchise in the NFL They're up there with the Jaguars. Brady's first year they won the Super Bowl. Coincidence? nah. It's called greatness.

                                Haters gonna hate y'all just need to appreciate greatness lmao.

                                Mood

                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X