Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Maybe the Hawks talent evaluators think OG is better than what they have under contract.
    I don't know..

So for who other than OG ?

Or a Pass on Collins.

Collins is 23. He is listed as a PF..
    He wants in the range of 115M over 4 years... and he is going to be an RFA this year.
    I like him but can he play D? Ive read thats his knock, but i havent seen him enough to know. Gotta have good D at the C spot so of he cant defend, I'd pass.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I like him but can he play D? Ive read thats his knock, but i havent seen him enough to know. Gotta have good D at the C spot so of he cant defend, I'd pass.
      Hes good enough to be able to turn down 4 years over 90Million TCV.
      He has some baggage. He got suspended for 25 games for using PED's.
      He also has some leadership skills as he called out the franchise player for not doing what helps the team more.

Bembry was in Atlanta last year.. you might think a beat writer or two would be nosing around to find out whats going on there just to see if this is a long standing personal disagreement. You know basketball beat writer reporter stuff.

Grange is likely boning up to deliver his views on state level politics in georgia that we all care so much about.

Right now its
      Boucher/Baynes, OG, Pascal, Freddy and Kyle.

Theoretical Collins trade would be
      Boucher/Baynes, Collins, Pascal, Freddy and Kyle.
      More offense for an offensively challenged club.

or just pass ?
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

He also has some leadership skills as he called out the franchise player for not doing what helps the team more.

Bembry was in Atlanta last year.. you might think a beat writer or two would be nosing around to find out whats going on there just to see if this is a long standing personal disagreement. You know basketball beat writer reporter stuff.

Grange is likely boning up to deliver his views on state level politics in georgia that we all care so much about.

Right now its

or just pass ?
        I dont know, he would improve our rebounding and give kyle a good rim runner for the PnR. He score in other ways too of course. He could up his value here i think too, especially if he is a capable defender. I'd play him at the 5 though. Might be worth it, alot hinges on the D for me for centers.

Comment

I dont know, he would improve our rebounding and give kyle a good rim runner for the PnR. He score in other ways too of course. He could up his value here i think too, especially if he is a capable defender. I'd play him at the 5 though. Might be worth it, alot hinges on the D for me for centers.
          he sucks on the D.

big no thank you very much on collins for me

Comment

Right now its

or just pass ?
            I’m probably a pass on a trade. Also raps have almost max cap space (everybody drink) so could just offer him a massive contract this summer and dare Atlanta to match. (And keep their existing guys). If they wanted him of course.

Comment

Hes a bad defender, but I guess we dont have really any good big defenders. Unless Atlanta just doesnt want to pay him and wants to clear any locker room drama I cant see them lookig for depth. Probably would have to work something around Siakam for them to be interested. Collins on his own is not near good enough when you consider hes a liability on D and still unknown on offense. Id be interested if they also threw in one of Reddish or Hunter but I doubt that happens. Collins is really interesting though. Should be a better defender than he is and can do a ton on offense.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Hes a bad defender, but I guess we dont have really any good big defenders. Unless Atlanta just doesnt want to pay him and wants to clear any locker room drama I cant see them lookig for depth. Probably would have to work something around Siakam for them to be interested. Collins on his own is not near good enough when you consider hes a liability on D and still unknown on offense. Id be interested if they also threw in one of Reddish or Hunter but I doubt that happens. Collins is really interesting though. Should be a better defender than he is and can do a ton on offense.
                pretty sure they want nothing to do with him. traded for capela at the trade deadline of his breakout campaign, reached for a center at number 6 overall a couple months ago, blew their wad on gallo. he's not in their plans. giving up siakam would be a ridiculous overpay

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

pretty sure they want nothing to do with him. traded for capela at the trade deadline of his breakout campaign, reached for a center at number 6 overall a couple months ago, blew their wad on gallo. he's not in their plans. giving up siakam would be a ridiculous overpay
                  Collins isnt a great option at center though. I agree it seems hes not in the core, but unless they are desperate to get rid of him I cant see them looking for anyone on our roster except Siakam. Obviously not straight up, but I imagine Atlanta wants to consolidate talent in a Collins trade ie get a star. Collins and Hunter for Siakam (idk how to make salaries work) is pretty interesting, more because of Hunter than Collins though I like both. I probably still agree with you though, the value isnt there knowing you have to pay Collins as a core member and neither guy is likely to be better than Siakam. Atlanta does have a ton of young assets though if they ever want to really overpay for Siakam, who would be a great fit there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But he's not assembling a competitive team.... he's dis-assembling a championship team. This is a teardown year, that was delayed by one year because we massively overachieved last year. That dis-assembly work started the minute Kawhi left, which I'm pretty sure you 100% agree with.

Masai & Bobby had no plans of competing for a championship this year, because that would just be delusional. He also stated that "he won't get caught in the middle... ie, treadmill". So, we all know plan A to build a championship team was to keep options open for Giannis for next year. We don't know what Plan B is.

But for this year, it seems like he could care less about fielding a competitive team. That points in the direction of just letting guys who got paid prove their worth and develop..... or if they suck, then we just tank naturally. I don't see Masai adding pieces to make this roster any better or give Pascal & FVV any crutches that hides their flaws. Trading Lowry will tell the story.
                    I gotta say, the Serge/Gasol dynamic and free-agency smells rotten to me. Feels like someone dropped the ball and we pissed away a good, tradable asset in Serge, but who knows

The ideal front office will know how to assemble a team but also dis-assemble one. So far we lost 4 out of 8 rotation champions with nothing in return. I'm waiting to see what will happen to the 5th (Lowry). Will we get something in return for a change? Or will he leave for nothing, or perhaps worse, a slow decline in play that comes with father time, where both the team and Lowry are stuck in a rut?

What happens there will be the one interesting thing this season for me.

Comment

• The All Canadian Divison promises to be nuts.
                      Something to look forward to in this punt year for the Raps.

Comment

• Steph is officially back and so are the warriors at least kinda. These guys will be in the middle of the west pack if they stay healthy
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Curry is still that guy. Don't get it twisted. People forget quick
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Curry is still that guy. Don't get it twisted. People forget quick
                            Still the best PG in the league
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• is there any chance we can get Drummond next summer? would that be a good idea?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                                is there any chance we can get Drummond next summer? would that be a good idea?
                                No, no it would not be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X