Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    is there any chance we can get Drummond next summer? would that be a good idea?
    My first thought is no as we only want players that line up with Siakam, Fred and OG. I thought Drummond was a bit older but he's only 28. My second thought is still no.

Comment

• We need a defensive minded center who is smart enough to guard pick & roll, and nimble enough to switch onto guards.

I think Dewayne Dedmon is still out there, but he’s probably waiting for an opportunity to go to the Lakers.

Comment

• Fans no longer allowed at Lightning, Raptors games due to COVID-19 spike

At least "our fans" won't be rooting for whoever's visiting any longer

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          We need a defensive minded center who is smart enough to guard pick & roll, and nimble enough to switch onto guards.

I think Dewayne Dedmon is still out there, but he’s probably waiting for an opportunity to go to the Lakers.
          I wanted them to sign Biz after Ibaka signed with the Flippers but all I kept hearing about was how Biz can't shoot.

Fact - Biz is a SUPERIOR defender and rebounder than Baynes. And oh, Baynes can't shoot either.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just like the raptors after a slow start the Rona is starting to get there legs. Took KD out for a week. MPJ was supposed to miss a week then extended it to additional 10-14 days. Sixers are going to play with 7 players today and now Jayson tatum will miss the next 10-14 days.
            Maybe they can limp through the regular season but i think they need to have a backup plan to go back into a bubble for the playoffs. Imagine KD or Tatum getting a "health and safety" prtocall in the middle of a series?
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Just like the raptors after a slow start the Rona is starting to get there legs. Took KD out for a week. MPJ was supposed to miss a week then extended it to additional 10-14 days. Sixers are going to play with 7 players today and now Jayson tatum will miss the next 10-14 days.
              Maybe they can limp through the regular season but i think they need to have a backup plan to go back into a bubble for the playoffs. Imagine KD or Tatum getting a "health and safety" prtocall in the middle of a series?
              At the end of the day it's up to the players. If they're SERIOUS about basketball/winning a championship, they wouldn't put themselves in a position to catch the virus. I guarantee you LeBron James would never come close to catching this virus.

MPJ is one of the first players that tested positive for this virus, anyone really surprised by that?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

At the end of the day it's up to the players. If they're SERIOUS about basketball/winning a championship, they wouldn't put themselves in a position to catch the virus. I guarantee you LeBron James would never come close to catching this virus.

MPJ is one of the first players that tested positive for this virus, anyone really surprised by that?
                I agree that focused players won't consciously put themselves in a position to get the virus, but you can't discount the severity of exponential growth from one source plus the stupidity/complacency of people. To use your example of Lebron, the Lakers recently had to sit Caruso for potential virus contact and Caruso isn't the type to run around at the clubs.

To me, it's like car accidents. I need to be able to drive around, and I can drive as efficiently and defensively as possible. I can completely have the right of way and that still won't help me much if a DUI comes hurtling up behind me while I'm waiting for the light to turn green.

Comment

Sure but seth curry can get his teammates infected who the pass it onto an opponent and they could have been in a nuclear bunker up until then.. if dudes are taking the court or on the bench like seth it doesnt matter how safe you are

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

I agree that focused players won't consciously put themselves in a position to get the virus, but you can't discount the severity of exponential growth from one source plus the stupidity/complacency of people. To use your example of Lebron, the Lakers recently had to sit Caruso for potential virus contact and Caruso isn't the type to run around at the clubs.

To me, it's like car accidents. I need to be able to drive around, and I can drive as efficiently and defensively as possible. I can completely have the right of way and that still won't help me much if a DUI comes hurtling up behind me while I'm waiting for the light to turn green.
                    Yeah, and now they're talking about a new faster spreading US variant, as well...

Some of us can work from home or stay at home and truly put ourselves in the position to "avoid" it, as best we can. So many can't, whether they work at a hospital or a grocery store, or anywhere else that puts them in proximity to others... NBA players have to go to work and interact with a whole lot of people and spaces along the way. They can certainly do their best to avoid it, and some will do better than others... there'll definitely be idiots who are out at bars or restaurants, who don't take things as seriously as their teammates with a true winner's mentality might wish. That said, there's only so much that can be done, even if they're being extremely careful.

I'm super glad to hear there are no more "fans" allowed at our "home games." I'd be fine if that held out for the rest of the year. Not sure how much of that revenue goes directly to the Raptors...

Comment

Bookmark this one lol

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah, and now they're talking about a new faster spreading US variant, as well...

Some of us can work from home or stay at home and truly put ourselves in the position to "avoid" it, as best we can. So many can't, whether they work at a hospital or a grocery store, or anywhere else that puts them in proximity to others... NBA players have to go to work and interact with a whole lot of people and spaces along the way. They can certainly do their best to avoid it, and some will do better than others... there'll definitely be idiots who are out at bars or restaurants, who don't take things as seriously as their teammates with a true winner's mentality might wish. That said, there's only so much that can be done, even if they're being extremely careful.

I'm super glad to hear there are no more "fans" allowed at our "home games." I'd be fine if that held out for the rest of the year. Not sure how much of that revenue goes directly to the Raptors...
                        The next sensible thing the NBA can do is ban the goofy players hugs with the opponents after every game

Comment

• Kawhi is obviously taking the most precauciton. Dudes covering his mouth even when he's on the court

Comment

• bills win
                            bills win
                            bills win
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Brad Beal is so nice. Man...wish he was a Raptor
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LaMelo Ball looks like the real deal. So smart on offense, so bad on defense.

Can’t believe I’m voluntarily watching a Hawks/Hornets game. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X