No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaMelo has to be the frontrunner for ROY right now. I don't think it's close either. No idea why he's not starting for the Bobcats.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      LaMelo has to be the frontrunner for ROY right now. I don't think it's close either. No idea why he's not starting for the Bobcats.
      MJ is bringing him up slowly.
      Because his father is Lavar, if he's starting over the vets all the spotlight will be on him.
      LaMelo is fine coming off the bench for now.

Comment

• Tatum has COVID, out for 10-14 days. Boston practice facility shut down

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          LaMelo has to be the frontrunner for ROY right now. I don't think it's close either. No idea why he's not starting for the Bobcats.
          because he's playing for the Hornets!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

My first thought is no as we only want players that line up with Siakam, Fred and OG. I thought Drummond was a bit older but he's only 28. My second thought is still no.
            I don't understand why he gets no love here. Best rebounder in the league, fill up the stat sheet, good attitude... And is only 27. What makes y'all be so reluctant with him being our center?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I don't understand why he gets no love here. Best rebounder in the league, fill up the stat sheet, good attitude... And is only 27. What makes y'all be so reluctant with him being our center?
              his defence sucks

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

his defence sucks
                and he's softer than a pillow
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Hell, I'd still sign him. What better options do we have to improve the team without sacrificing the core?

Comment

Hell, I'd still sign him. What better options do we have to improve the team without sacrificing the core?
                    Yes he'd be better than what we have right now. But I think the idea is moving away from traditional centres. Drummond can be a monster on a given night no doubt but as we know, Masai and Nurse love defense first

Comment

Hell, I'd still sign him. What better options do we have to improve the team without sacrificing the core?
                      He makes 28M. For that we probably could have retained both Serge and Gasol. He'll be a free agent this summer though and will likely go for less than that, so depending on the $ it could be worth it imo.

Olynyk and Serge will also be free agents next summer, both of whom would be better than drummond imo. Theis also free agent, not as impactful as drummond but would come way cheaper. They can also just draft a young C for the rebuild if thats where we're headed

EDIT: byombo also free agent. Would anchor the paint and rebound well for us. Thing is , the modern C needs to know how to shoot and space the floor too, which is why Serge was a big loss to this team.
                      Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Jan 10, 2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Can't afford Drummond in a trade this year unless its after February when we can start moving contracts like Bayne's around. In free agency I think he gets around what JV got which was 3 years, $45M.

I'm not sure he's the guy I'd go after either.. but he'd be a huge upgrade over Baynes and Len.. that's for sure.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

his defence sucks
                          JV's defence was worse though - and people here used to talk about JV like he's Kareem or something.

Looking at UFA centers this year, Drummond is by far the best of the bunch. Not sure what the Raptors would do but they need to address that position in the offseason.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is how I would roughly rank next year's free agent C's:
                            Overall Defence Shot blocking/altering Rebounding Floor Spacing
                            Serge +++ +++ ++ +++
                            Olynyk ++ + + ++++
                            Drummond + +++ ++++ ++
                            biz ++++ +++ +++ +
                            Theis ++ + + ++
                            baynes + + + ++

Comment

• We could draft our next big. I think people are hoping we will.just be bad this one season, we get a high pick to use on a wing and we are right back on contention next season. The reality might be we play the draft game for a couple of years before returning to form. I think if Siakam is ever going to be a superstar then it takes more than this season to get there.

Comment

• People will hate this idea, but if we’re going to lose Lowry for nothing to the Clippers, then we might as well trade him and try to get Zubac back. He’s a good defensive center with size, and his age (23) lines up with our core.

Comment

Working...
                                X