Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    People will hate this idea, but if we’re going to lose Lowry for nothing to the Clippers, then we might as well trade him and try to get Zubac back. He’s a good defensive center with size, and his age (23) lines up with our core.
    It's hard to make a trade work, since Lowry makes $30M and Zubac only $7M. Who else is LAC adding? It will kill all their depth too.. they don't have a backup center if they trade Zubac. But I like Zubac a lot. He'd be a great center for this team.

According to shamsports/capulator, the Clippers will only have the tax payer mid level.. less than $6M to offer Lowry. If I was Lowry I'd be looking for at least $10M, but more like $20M. He's still got his legs.. he's at least 2-3 years away from being a ring chaser. But who knows. Miami has cap space, and I'm sure he'd love to play in Florida with Butler too. Philly may give him a call as well. And he'd be home.

Comment

• Theis is another one that i like. Very uderrated defender, good finisher plus he can hit three from time to time. Definitely my second choice after Drummond.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I don't understand why he gets no love here. Best rebounder in the league, fill up the stat sheet, good attitude... And is only 27. What makes y'all be so reluctant with him being our center?
        I like Drummond for the young veteran centre role too.
        He is durable. And he can rebound on the offensive end.

3 years for $30M TCV ..
        Same as what we pay for the Baynes/Len combo and less than what we pay for Boucher services.

I could see a one - two centre combo with Boucher and Drummond for an aggregated 25M for the position as fair value for that move.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Theis is another one that i like. Very uderrated defender, good finisher plus he can hit three from time to time. Definitely my second choice after Drummond.
          Your the bulls expert. Can Lauri play C? Bulls didnt extend him and i dont know how high they are on him.. Maybe he could be pryed away. And just go away with traditional C and play him as a stretch 5.
          Thatd give us 4/5 starters who could still theoretically be getting better plus our young guys on the bench and a draft pick from this season locked up for a long time
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Your the bulls expert. Can Lauri play C? Bulls didnt extend him and i dont know how high they are on him.. Maybe he could be pryed away. And just go away with traditional C and play him as a stretch 5.
            Thatd give us 4/5 starters who could still theoretically be getting better plus our young guys on the bench and a draft pick from this season locked up for a long time
            Raps need a 5 that can rim protect. That's why I have Drummond and Theis 1 and 2. Lauri is a classic stretch 4.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This is on one of the best ideas I heard on this forum this season. i'd say Lauri can definitely play C in the modern nba. He has the exact same height and weight as Wiseman, the C we're seeing at Golden state today and 2nd overall pick (7'0", 240lbs)

We saved all this cap space, lost Kawhi, Danny, Serge & Gasol with nothing in return, just to strike out on Giannis. I'd say we throw all our cap room at Lauri, and let the bulls scramble to match it. He's a heck of a player, only 23, and is an international star that won't be dreaming about LA all the time, and will fit this team like a glove.

Fred-Norm-OG-Pascal-Lauri with Flynn, Thomas, Td, boucher, plus another SF/PF with our FRP next year and we're set; that's a young team with lots of future potential
              Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Jan 10, 2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                People will hate this idea, but if we’re going to lose Lowry for nothing to the Clippers, then we might as well trade him and try to get Zubac back. He’s a good defensive center with size, and his age (23) lines up with our core.
                Definitely hate that idea. No way Zubac can keep up with the crazy pace Nurse wants to play. I'd like to see us go with a more athletic C.

Comment

• They should go hard at Lauri and Jarret Allen in restricted free agency next season and get 1 of them. Their current teams didn't extend them. Make them sweat to match our offer. That cap space we saved gotta be good for something. Save our picks and prospects, unless they're going out on trade for beal or harden.

Comment

• LaVine and Kawhi are dueling right now. Both have 30+ heading into the 4th.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

LaVine and Kawhi are dueling right now. Both have 30+ heading into the 4th.
                      Salt 'N Peppa Lou saved their bacon.....hmmmmm now I'm hungry

Comment

• When the history of punk is written .... Markief Morris gets a chapter.

- TGO

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Salt 'N Peppa Lou saved their bacon.....hmmmmm now I'm hungry
                          The Bulls missing 4 rotation players including Markkanen just went toe to toe with the Lakers and the Clippers. If LaVine stays healthy, the Bulls will make the playoffs 100%. LaVine is playing at an MVP level right now.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Bulls missing 4 rotation players including Markkanen just went toe to toe with the Lakers and the Clippers. If LaVine stays healthy, the Bulls will make the playoffs 100%. LaVine is playing at an MVP level right now.
                            Is LaVine really our own Demar DeRozen but in Bulls red?

A One man gang on offense.
                            Same commitment as DD to defense.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So didn't take long for Kyrie drama to hit the Nets. How long until a new Durant burner hits the news?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X