Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Not sure why they didn't jump in now.. the trade window was open to make a move. 4 teams got involved, why not the Raptors instead of the Cavs?
    Cavs gave a late first to take on Prince and Allen. Both guys are fine, but how much is Allen getting in RFA? Like hes going to end up probably 15-20 M and still cant defend any of the top centers in the league.

Indy made a deal for a budget Oladipo under a good long term deal. Clever move for a team that knew they weren't going to keep him long term.

For all the talk about treadmill moves, those two are distinctly treadmill moves. They both make sense for the teams involved, but don't inspire confidence if your goal is championships. Good deals for Houston and Brooklynn. Happy we stayed out, if you want to go after Oladipo, you're going to have to overpay for him in the offseason, not keen on giving up assets too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sounds about right. Allen's age matches up with the Cav's SexLand young core that is starting to emerge. I would expect Kevin Love to be dealt soon.
      Forgot they have Love as well..

Drummond/Allen/Nance/McGee/Love/Maker lol.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Cavs gave a late first to take on Prince and Allen. Both guys are fine, but how much is Allen getting in RFA? Like hes going to end up probably 15-20 M and still cant defend any of the top centers in the league.

Indy made a deal for a budget Oladipo under a good long term deal. Clever move for a team that knew they weren't going to keep him long term.

For all the talk about treadmill moves, those two are distinctly treadmill moves. They both make sense for the teams involved, but don't inspire confidence if your goal is championships. Good deals for Houston and Brooklynn. Happy we stayed out, if you want to go after Oladipo, you're going to have to overpay for him in the offseason, not keen on giving up assets too.
        We're desperate for a big.. Allen isn't great but would have been an upgrade over Baynes/Len. And he's an expiring so only have to deal someone like Norm for him. But maybe they wanted the FRP and that's too costly to give up I guess.

Comment

• Wondering if Giannis is regretting that contract? it's about to get rough for him and the Bucks. If you can't beat Jimmy freakin Butler in the playoffs, you're not beating KD, Harden and Kyrie.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            The more I look at it, the Pacers lowkey won this trade. They are a legit contending team.
            They do well for sure.
            Indy unloaded Olidipo who wanted out for a very able and great fit in Caris LeVert.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Wondering if Giannis is regretting that contract? it's about to get rough for him and the Bucks. If you can't beat Jimmy freakin Butler in the playoffs, you're not beating KD, Harden and Kyrie.
              Jordan
              KD/Green
              Harris/Brown
              Harden/Shamet/TLC/Johnson
              Kyrie/Dinwiddie

That's their team.. with Dinwiddie out. Lots of fire power but zero defense. I'll take Giannis and the Bucks. I think the Celtics are better too.

Comment

Jordan
                KD/Green
                Harris/Brown
                Kyrie/Dinwiddie

That's their team.. with Dinwiddie out. Lots of fire power but zero defense. I'll take Giannis and the Bucks. I think the Celtics are better too.
                Zero D?
                did you see KD's defense in GSW?
                He can now leave the bulk of the offense to his BFFs and focus more on D.

Comment

• By the way, who ever said that Harden's antics are devaluing his trade value knows nothing about the NBA. Lol

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Zero D?
                    did you see KD's defense in GSW?
                    He can now leave the bulk of the offense to his BFFs and focus more on D.
                    He was good defensively before he tore his achilles. He's lost a lot of mobility. Still a great shooter, and should be a focal point on offense not a role player. Or else they are doing it wrong.

Comment

Forgot they have Love as well..

Drummond/Allen/Nance/McGee/Love/Maker lol.
                      Maybe we can get Nance?

Comment

By the way, who ever said that Harden's antics are devaluing his trade value knows nothing about the NBA. Lol
                        Makes the Vince trade so much worse. And the Kawhi trade so much better.

Comment

Jordan
                          KD/Green
                          Harris/Brown
                          Kyrie/Dinwiddie

The Celtics were my preseason pick to win the East so I'm sticking with thay pick. I think the Nets are their biggest competition not the Bucks. Nets have too much firepower.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maybe we can get Nance?
                            Yeah I would.. Nance for Norm straight up.

Comment

He was good defensively before he tore his achilles. He's lost a lot of mobility. Still a great shooter, and should be a focal point on offense not a role player. Or else they are doing it wrong.
                              He is probably around 80% right now, but due to the long layoff.
                              He still has the same quickness and explosiveness. The only concern is that he might get injured again

Comment

• So good trade for all teams or they wouldn't have made it.

To me I think the Rockets do really really well here..
                                They have moved on from Harden and the drama queen atmosphere.
                                They have moved on from Westbrook and his accelerating decline as an impact player.
                                So now they have John Wall and Olidipo in the backcourt. Its more "workable" than Harden and Westbrook.
                                But to me... here is an oversized get.

In a reportedly deep draft class the Rockets have 3 first round picks in 2022..
                                Theirs, The Nets and The Bucks.
                                By the time all those picks from the Nets come off their rookie deals Walls deal will be over and they will have a clean cap sheet .
                                It gets better.
                                The Rockets then have 2 first rounders in alternating years for 6 more years.
                                In the off years where they have their own pick they get the right to swap draft slots...
                                The Nets are painfully aware what that cost them .

The Nets are now the prohibitive favourite to win the East this year.
                                The clock is ticking on them though.
                                Harden is 31. Durant is 32 and coming off the Achilles. Irving is 28 but carries a ton of baggage.
                                THis is championship or bust this year and next. Then nuclear winter in Brooklyn will set in

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X