No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People will be watching the next net game like a conference final. Feb 5 nets vs raptors!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A trade centered around Lowry for Drummond now becomes a possibility. Maybe even a 3 or 4 team deal.
      Gross. No thanks.

Raps have room to get Drummond in the off-season and keep Lowry.

Comment

• eh I'm fine with Brooklyn loading up. I'd rather they rep the east this year than the 6ers, Bucks or fucking boston.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
          eh I'm fine with Brooklyn loading up. I'd rather they rep the east this year than the 6ers, Bucks or fucking boston.
          I actually want the Nets to beat Lebron too.
          Nash gets his first championship.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I actually want the Nets to beat Lebron too.
            Nash gets his first championship.
            I want any team to beat lebron. And I mean any team, even the Clippers or *shudder* Boston .... but please not Boston

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

You don't need to sell the farm for Harden if the assets aren't there for a competing bid and stay competive after (like in our case), but when you're sitting at last place in the standing with unbalanced roster that has been bleeding talent over the past 2 years with nothing in return, maybe getting in as the 3rd/4th team in trade would help balance/improve the team? Maybe, maybe not, we don't know what was at the table for the the raptors (or if they were even at the table to begin with), so in fairness i's hard to criticize them for that.

One thing is for sure, you need an MVP caliber player to win a title, and Harden is one. Durant is another. So I'm gonna go against the grain here a bit and say good on the nets. It may very well backfire (the risk is huge), but they're seeing a window and they're pouncing. Their only problem is Kyrie, if he was part of the deal instead of Levert they'd probably be better off.
              sorry i misinterpreted your post if you weren't in favor of trading for harden. sure it might have been nice to get in on a side deal though we have no idea what was on the table like you said, and allen is the only player involved i'd be interested in

Comment

• Durant alone is beating the Knicks tonight. Yup they might be decent with Kyrie and Harden

Comment

• Well finally this whole Harden thing is over
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Well finally this whole Harden thing is over
                    Now on to the Kyrie thing.
                    Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jan 13, 2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Brooklyn did an all-in move, similar to what Masai did (but not similar at the same time, Brooklyn is in a better situation). They know that Kevin Durant is their guy and that's why they sacrificed so many picks, they're not drafting high in the upcoming years and free agents will sign Brooklyn for cheap just to have a chance at winning (points at LA). It's finals or nothing for them.
                      they're arguably in a better position than we were in the immediate short term but also more likely to be in the most hopeless situation a franchise can be in the long term. (treadmill is not actually the worst - prolonged sucking without your draft picks is the worst).

brooklyn doesn't own a pick that houston doesn't have first dibs on until 2028. 2028! how many contending cores stay together that long in this day and age? maybe the warriors? then you're looking back at like the duncan spurs or dirk mavs i think.

the difference is this core's timeline is starting between the ages of 28 and 32, and none them remotely fit the mold of a steph/duncan/dirk in terms of commitment to a franchise.

hell durant just jumped ship from what could have been the greatest dynasties in modern sport. like what part of being on the warriors sucked for kevin durant? was it having the easiest shot profile a players ever been afforded playing next to steph and klay and alongside savant playmakers? all the winning/constantly blowing teams out? all the minutes they could rest him? poor guy.

even if they win in the next year or two, and they will be one of the heavy favorites to do so, i would not bet that that core sticks together long term. which is also what the rockets are banking on, and from that perspective i think it makes a lot of sense for them

Comment

• Fixes our rebounding issues.

PJ for TD straight up ?
                        PJ for our 2nd ?
                        Hard Pass ?
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• I would welcome Tucker back for sure! Keep Drummond away from here though lmao
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Yea would love PJ back.

Comment

• Lol. Houston will be a completely different team by the trade deadline

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Yea would love PJ back.
                                If I remember right, Tucker was rather disgruntled at the conclusion of his time here - not sure he'd be a positive influence if he was re-acquired

Comment

Working...
                                X