Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durant went 23-3-6 in a win without his two BFF's tonight

Comment

• Was this ever the year to take a step back or what? Siakam, OG and FVV can take this season and next to develop while Masai adds peices around them and fingers crossed theres another championship window open at the back end of their contracts.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

they're arguably in a better position than we were in the immediate short term but also more likely to be in the most hopeless situation a franchise can be in the long term. (treadmill is not actually the worst - prolonged sucking without your draft picks is the worst).

brooklyn doesn't own a pick that houston doesn't have first dibs on until 2028. 2028! how many contending cores stay together that long in this day and age? maybe the warriors? then you're looking back at like the duncan spurs or dirk mavs i think.

even if they win in the next year or two, and they will be one of the heavy favorites to do so, i would not bet that that core sticks together long term. which is also what the rockets are banking on, and from that perspective i think it makes a lot of sense for them
        You really think the Nets could give a rats azz if they win a chip in the next year or two and then suck for half a dozen?
        Hello, Toronto calling!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Fixes our rebounding issues.

PJ for TD straight up ?
          PJ for our 2nd ?
          Hard Pass ?
          Didn't Tucker crap on us on the way out?
          Pass....

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Was this ever the year to take a step back or what? Siakam, OG and FVV can take this season and next to develop while Masai adds peices around them and fingers crossed theres another championship window open at the back end of their contracts.
            Blind optimism is just as crazy as blind pessimism
            You're actually running "isn't it great that we're terrible? It gives our players time to get better so they'll be great in a couple of years" up the 'ol flag pole? lol

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You really think the Nets could give a rats azz if they win a chip in the next year or two and then suck for half a dozen?
                Hello, Toronto calling!
                well, they have to win one or two first to even start the conversation of whether it is "worth it". and if they don't the chatter and pressure will intensify and all three have folded and walked out of those situations in the past. the best one even walked from the cushiest possible situation for god knows why.

anyhow you and i have two completely opposing perspectives of fandom, what it means to suck, and what hopelessness means to a franchise, so i'll leave it at that.

Comment

Blind optimism is just as crazy as blind pessimism
                  You're actually running "isn't it great that we're terrible? It gives our players time to get better so they'll be great in a couple of years" up the 'ol flag pole? lol
                  Those are your words not mine. I don't think we are terrible but we do have to be opportunistic with the team we have and it's clear Siakam, FVV and OG need time to improve. Let them develop while the roster gets rounded out. Hopefully by then Brooklyn has imploded lol. Really though what were you expecting, for this team to seamlessly transition from one championship team to another?

Comment

Hello, Toronto calling!
                    If the Nets manage to win 2 chips,
                    they will tie the Knicks and will officially own New York

Comment

• Hahahah

Comment

• Lost a ton of depth, and a future f draft picks. With Durants injury history and Kyrie's attitude this could blow up.... or be awesome.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

If I remember right, Tucker was rather disgruntled at the conclusion of his time here - not sure he'd be a positive influence if he was re-acquired
                          That was back in the days where Kyle and DeMar took every shot and the other players stood around and watched, except when they had to rebound and get the ball back to them. But what I think PJ didn't like the most was that Casey didn't hold them accountable for defense... he called our DeMar on that. And then he got to play with James Harden, lol.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I’m happier with this. Simmons and Embiid can’t coexist. They would be better without Ben and with Harden. The Nets may be a dynasty but also have a higher chance of blowing up spectacularly
                            Plus if we do get forced into trading Lowry later this season, Philly is a great candidate to extract value from and would be a feel good destination for Lowry.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A trade centered around Lowry for Drummond now becomes a possibility. Maybe even a 3 or 4 team deal.
                              Lowry... for Drummond...? Unless there is an absolute mountain of picks coming our way I'm not seeing the appeal.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

well, they have to win one or two first to even start the conversation of whether it is "worth it". and if they don't the chatter and pressure will intensify and all three have folded and walked out of those situations in the past. the best one even walked from the cushiest possible situation for god knows why.

anyhow you and i have two completely opposing perspectives of fandom, what it means to suck, and what hopelessness means to a franchise, so i'll leave it at that.
                                I don't think we really do but you do your best to silence any conversation that's not total rah-rah. Allow more balance and see what happens, lots of room for different perspectives in the Raptors big tent of fandom imo

Comment

Working...
                                X