No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you hannibal, I would love to see Beal on our squad but who do we give up if he is even available??

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

The raps started 2-8 dude. You said yourself they squandered a bunch of winnable games. If they were 5-5 in that stretch, they would be 15-11 right now and in 3rd place basically tied with the nets. They are better than their record, but probably not a threat to the best in the league. But better than the knicks.
      I know how they started. And I think we all believed they were “winnable” because this team was supposedly better than their record. At this point it’s not coming true at all.

The rest of the season, the schedule gets harder and harder and this team hasn’t show any consistency doing anything in over 27 games now.
      Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Feb 14, 2021, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• NBA franchise valuations, per Forbes:
        1. New York Knicks: $5 billion
        2. Golden State Warriors: $4.7 billion
        3. Los Angeles Lakers: $4.6 billion
        4. Chicago Bulls: $3.3 billion
        5. Boston Celtics: $3.2 billion
        6. Los Angeles Clippers: $2.75 billion
        7. Brooklyn Nets: $2.65 billion
        8. Houston Rockets: $2.5 billion
        9. Dallas Mavericks: $2.45 billion
        10. Toronto Raptors: $2.15 billion
        11. Philadelphia 76ers: $2.075 billion
        12. Miami Heat: $2 billion
        13. Portland Trail Blazers: $1.9 billion
        14. San Antonio Spurs: $1.85 billion
        15. Sacramento Kings: $1.825 billion
        16. Washington Wizards: $1.8 billion
        17. Phoenix Suns: $1.7 billion
        18. Utah Jazz: $1.66 billion
        19. Denver Nuggets: $1.65 billion
        20. Milwaukee Bucks: $1.625 billion
        21. Oklahoma City Thunder: $1.575 billion
        22. Cleveland Cavaliers: $1.56 billion
        23. Indiana Pacers: $1.55 billion
        24. Atlanta Hawks: $1.52 billion
        25. Charlotte Hornets: $1.5 billion
        26. Orlando Magic: $1.46 billion
        27. Detroit Pistons: $1.45 billion
        28. Minnesota Timberwolves: $1.4 billion
        29. New Orleans Pelicans: $1.35 billion
        30. Memphis Grizzlies: $1.3 billion

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          NBA franchise valuations, per Forbes:
          2 second hot take:
          I don't think the GSW are valued higher than the lakers.
          Same for Clippers above the Nets or for that matter, Raptors above the Heat (culture)

Comment

• Still cant add images from photo album here? Has to be a link? Been on bball boards for 20 years and Im still clueless 😣

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              NBA franchise valuations, per Forbes:
              Raptors value jumped by 25% after they won the chip.
              That's How much a ring costs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...n-pay-off.html

Comment

• I'm not buying these rumours about Drummond and the Raps. Personally, I'm holding out for Vucevic. Orlando is through this season with their injury troubles and are likely to sell at the deadline.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                  I'm not buying these rumours about Drummond and the Raps. Personally, I'm holding out for Vucevic. Orlando is through this season with their injury troubles and are likely to sell at the deadline.
                  Me personally I rather get Mo Mamba..his been barried in Orlando, I'm telling u....his the guy I go after, not Drummond or vucevic..we need young, athletic, defensive, mobile center, who has potential 2 grow with, og, siakim and Freddy..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Not sure where to find "clutch" stats or if there's even a website for it. But i'm pretty sure Zach LaVine is #1 in clutch made field goals this year. Dude has been unbelievable. And I gotta go with Dame #2(not really shocking though).
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Not sure where to find "clutch" stats or if there's even a website for it. But i'm pretty sure Zach LaVine is #1 in clutch made field goals this year. Dude has been unbelievable. And I gotta go with Dame #2(not really shocking though).
                      yeah not a good year for pascal in the clutch thus far. he was one of the best clutch players in the league last year though, shooting 51.9% from the field and 50.0% from three, with a very high useage rate.

lavine this year is shooting 36.4% from the field and 27.3% from 3, which is not very good at all, though he is getting to the line. i dunno maybe you're bit bias? he fares quite a bit better on this other site that defines clutch differently then NBA.com, where he's on par with fred vanvleet.

Comment

• I would rather just trade for Ibaka, lol.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

The only knock on MJ here is how relatively short his peak was compared to these other guys, especially with the time out due to retirement. I mean MJ was starting his Washington Wizards stint - with a potbelly after 2 retirements - when he was the age Lebron and Brady now are. Lebron and Brady are still winning championships, MJ had taken 3.5 years off in the meantime and was still unquestionably done at this stage of his career.
                          Jordan is the only guy that can make a legit argument that he's the GOAT North American athlete of all time and not Brady. The others? nah. It's Brady and Jordan. That's it. Maybe add LeBron if he wins a couple more rings.

This debate is getting dumber and dumber every day though. Wade on TNT last week mentioned Serena Williams as the GOAT of all GOAT lol. The argument for Serena is she has won 23 grand slams. First of all tennis players have 4 chances every year to win a grand slam. You only get one in football. And does Wade know that Margaret Court has won 24 grand slams? Steffi Graf has 22. Are they better than Brady too? so how about Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal? both have 20 grand slams. Are they better than Brady too? Djokovic has 17. Djokovic > Brady? Why only mention Serena?

Shaq on the other hand mentioned Floyd Mayweather as the GOAT of GOAT which actually is the dumber argument. His argument is that Floyd retired undefeated. I'm not sure he's aware that there are a BUNCH of boxers that retired undefeated not just Floyd lol. In boxing there are only 2 names that you need to know: Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. That's it. Hell i'd take Pacquiao over Floyd too. Pacquiao is the only 8 division champion in boxing history.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Jordan is the only guy that can make a legit argument that he's the GOAT North American athlete of all time and not Brady. The others? nah. It's Brady and Jordan. That's it. Maybe add LeBron if he wins a couple more rings.

This debate is getting dumber and dumber every day though. Wade on TNT last week mentioned Serena Williams as the GOAT of all GOAT lol. The argument for Serena is she has won 23 grand slams. First of all tennis players have 4 chances every year to win a grand slam. You only get one in football. And does Wade know that Margaret Court has won 24 grand slams? Steffi Graf has 22. Are they better than Brady too? so how about Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal? both have 20 grand slams. Are they better than Brady too? Djokovic has 17. Djokovic > Brady? Why only mention Serena?

Shaq on the other hand mentioned Floyd Mayweather as the GOAT of GOAT which actually is the dumber argument. His argument is that Floyd retired undefeated. I'm not sure he's aware that there are a BUNCH of boxers that retired undefeated not just Floyd lol. In boxing there are only 2 names that you need to know: Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. That's it. Hell i'd take Pacquiao over Floyd too. Pacquiao is the only 8 division champion in boxing history.

Serena Williams faced the weakest competition of any elite athlete in the history of the planet. Who was her main competition over the last 10 years? Nobody but her own injuries. Maybe not her fault but that's why she can't be included in any GOAT of GOAT of goat discussions.

Look at the great players a Gretzky had to get by to win Stanley Cups in a yearly war of attrition. Including the 2-4 greatest players of all time. Dozens of other Hall of Famers.
                            Look at the other all time great quarterbacks Brady has had to get by every season.
                            Same for Federer. Hell, he's playing Nadal and Djokovic at the same time, two guys who would be in the conversation for tennis GOAT by themselves lol.

Serena? Played a bunch of short career tiny no-talents by comparison.

Comment

This debate is getting dumber and dumber every day though.
                              if you really wanna get dumb, the accomplishments of walter ray "deadeye" williams jr need to be considered in this debate. 118 PBA titles, 47 PBA tour titles, 7 time player of the year over a 25 year period spanning 1986 to 2010. unbelievable. here's the GOAT, in his prime:

look at the intensity

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Serena Williams faced the weakest competition of any elite athlete in the history of the planet. Who was her main competition over the last 10 years? Nobody but her own injuries. Maybe not her fault but that's why she can't be included in any GOAT of GOAT of goat discussions.

Look at the great players a Gretzky had to get by to win Stanley Cups in a yearly war of attrition. Including the 2-4 greatest players of all time. Dozens of other Hall of Famers.
                                Look at the other all time great quarterbacks Brady has had to get by every season.
                                Same for Federer. Hell, he's playing Nadal and Djokovic at the same time, two guys who would be in the conversation for tennis GOAT by themselves lol.

Serena? Played a bunch of short career tiny no-talents by comparison.
                                Yup. Can't say Serena is the GOAT of GOAT when she's not even the best at his sport.

Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player of all time. Forget the 20 grand slams. His peak was higher than Nadal and Djokovic and Serena. Also, look at the competition. Everytime he makes the finals it's always against Djokovic or Nadal lol. Those 2 imo are second and third greatest men's tennis player of all time.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X