Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Casey and Stotts got a sh*t ton of mileage out of that 2016 Mavs championship. Casey is especially ironic because he was hired on the basis of his "Lebron Stopper" reputation and ultimately got fired because his teams were repeatedly Lebrontoed. lol.

I'd put Casey and Stotts in the same tier as: Nate McMillan, Lionel Hollins, Scott Brooks, Mike Brown, Mike Woodson, etc.... middling old school coaches who are slowly getting weeded out.
    Stotts is a good coach but he's been there a long time. He's basically gone through 2 versions of the team and is on #3. He went through the Aldridge/Lillard teams, to the Lillard/McCollum teams (version 1) and now Lillard/McCollum 2.0. They've had lots of roster problems trying to fill in guys around those two and management has made a lot of questionable decisions.

While they may need a new voice I'm not sure it will make much difference cause the biggest issue is that the Lillard/CJ combination isn't good enough to beat contenders.

Comment

• So Tiger Woods got hurt in a car accident. Accident looked pretty bad. Hope he recovers!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So Tiger Woods got hurt in a car accident. Accident looked pretty bad. Hope he recovers!
        Yes, report said Multiple Leg Injuries. South Bay driving along PCH (rancho palos verdes).

He just had his 5th back surgery.

I too Hope the GOAT recovers well.

Comment

• No real surprises

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Vucevic? Lol.

The biggest snub by far is Booker. How is not an all star?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Vucevic? Lol.

yeah i'm pretty surprised that of the possible bigs on losing teams, the coaches went with vuc over bam

Comment

Vucevic? Lol.

I bet Booker will be. Davis is injured and can't play, I expect they select Booker to replace

Comment

• Vuc over Sabonis is yikes. I can see Bam missing out given how poorly Miami have played while Jimmy was out, but Sabonis should have that forward spot imo.

Would've loved to see Freddy sneak in, but I won't lose sleep over it.

No love for the Raps or Pacers, Eastern Conference continues as normal.

Comment

Vucevic? Lol.

I can also see the argument that a guy having a great season on a bad team, shouldn't be penalized because the rest of his team sucks and/or is injured. Might even deserve it more. If you're just going to give spots to players on winning teams, that's not always fair either. You end up with Teague, Korver, Millsap and Horford all getting all-star spots.

There's always somebody going to be wronged by these selections.

Comment

• Man I really miss full stadiums for that game winner luka just hit
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Luka just hit 2 ridiculous 3 to win the game for the Mavs.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Luka just hit 2 ridiculous 3 to win the game for the Mavs.
                          Insane handles and skill fir a guy that size.

Comment

• So let me get this straight, people were on Luka last week for making the all star team as a starter. The argument was Dame's team have a better record than the Mavs. Ok. But the same people who criticized Luka's selection are ok with having 2 Celtics making the all star team. The Celtics are below .500. The Pacers and the Raptors have a better record than them.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Silver lining, raps get a nice break and come back ready to play.

Comment

• I'm 100% OK, better than OK with no Raptors making the goofy all star game.
                                Spend some time with your families that players are all complaining about missing if they were selected; no excuses about being tired after.

Advantage Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X