Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Fun indeed, those teams are all interesting in their own ways. Love watching Jokic ball and he's absolutely gonna decimate us out of the high post lol
    I dont know man, nobody seems capable of decimating this team when they are on defensively. They do an incredible job of making it difficult for the top players. Gonna be fun though, love watching Jokic...he might be the most interesting player to watch in the game today...if his defence was better, I might even say he would be the best in the business today.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I dont know man, nobody seems capable of decimating this team when they are on defensively. They do an incredible job of making it difficult for the top players. Gonna be fun though, love watching Jokic...he might be the most interesting player to watch in the game today...if his defence was better, I might even say he would be the best in the business today.
      Interesting to see how Jokic performs in the playoffs this year.
      He's traditionally a slow starter and a bit out of condition in the first half of every season which is a stark difference this year when he started hot right out of the gate.
      How long can he sustain this level.
      Will he eventually run out of steam?

Comment

• So the Bulls are now in 6th place. They now have a better record than the Celtics who have 2 all stars.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lakers lose again so all is right in the world today.

SALT LAKE CITY — Rudy Gobert and Jordan Clarkson each scored 18 points and the Utah Jazz routed the Los Angeles Lakers 114-89 on Wednesday night.

Gobert also had nine rebounds for Utah (26-6), which won for the 22nd time in its last 24 games — with 20 of those victories coming by double-digits. Bojan Bogdanovic added 15 points, Mike Conley had 14 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, and Donovan Mitchell finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds, and eight assists.

LeBron James scored 19 points and Montrzel Harrell added 16 to lead the Lakers (22-11), who lost their fourth straight and fifth in six games.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Lakers lose again so all is right in the world today.

SALT LAKE CITY — Rudy Gobert and Jordan Clarkson each scored 18 points and the Utah Jazz routed the Los Angeles Lakers 114-89 on Wednesday night.

Gobert also had nine rebounds for Utah (26-6), which won for the 22nd time in its last 24 games — with 20 of those victories coming by double-digits. Bojan Bogdanovic added 15 points, Mike Conley had 14 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, and Donovan Mitchell finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds, and eight assists.

LeBron James scored 19 points and Montrzel Harrell added 16 to lead the Lakers (22-11), who lost their fourth straight and fifth in six games.
            It's very predictable with AD out, the on/off numbers for the Lakers have a massive swing with the impact of Lebron, AD, and Lebron + AD. Lebron + AD are a huge net positive on the floor together, really the only thing that matters is that those two guys are healthy for the playoffs. I don't think they'd even be worried about seeding ("Uh oh, Clippers in the second round?") with the way the West is shaping up. Several good teams, you're going to have to beat them anyway.

The Lakers still tend to have a slight positive with Lebron on the floor while AD's out, but then in the 6 minutes he sits they'll be a -15 or something ridiculous and lose the game. That's what that team is.

What's really incredible is what Lebron is doing at his age. He's Wizards Michael Jordan age. I mean people tried to make Wizards MJ fun, but it was mostly depressing - he was such a shell of his prime Bulls self. Lebron's consistency is nuts.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It's very predictable with AD out, the on/off numbers for the Lakers have a massive swing with the impact of Lebron, AD, and Lebron + AD. Lebron + AD are a huge net positive on the floor together, really the only thing that matters is that those two guys are healthy for the playoffs. I don't think they'd even be worried about seeding ("Uh oh, Clippers in the second round?") with the way the West is shaping up. Several good teams, you're going to have to beat them anyway.

The Lakers still tend to have a slight positive with Lebron on the floor while AD's out, but then in the 6 minutes he sits they'll be a -15 or something ridiculous and lose the game. That's what that team is.

What's really incredible is what Lebron is doing at his age. He's Wizards Michael Jordan age. I mean people tried to make Wizards MJ fun, but it was mostly depressing - he was such a shell of his prime Bulls self. Lebron's consistency is nuts.
              Still GREAT when he loses

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Excuse me.
                36 years old Jordan retired from basketball for the 2nd time after their 2nd 3-peat.
                He came back when he was 39 to play for the Wizards.

Better comparison for now, is them at 35 years of age.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/14...mes-at-age-35/
                ​​​​​​
                Let's revisit this page when LeBron hits 39 and see how they match up.
                Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Feb 25, 2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Excuse me.
                  36 years old Jordan retired from basketball for the 2nd time after their 2nd 3-peat.
                  He came back when he was 39 to play for the Wizards.

Better comparison for now, is them at 35 years of age.
                  Yeah my mistake, at Lebron's age (36) Jordan was square in the middle of his 2nd retirement, he started with the Wizards @ 38.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Lebron is on some bomb ass, undetectable ass HGH. Theres no doubt in my mind. Obviously his sublime skills and basketball mind are second to none, but his durability and lack or athletic drop off at this point is almost unheard of in athletics history.

One comparison I can think of is Barry bonds. And he was quite literally bathing in HGH.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just noticed second half schedule out. Last game may 16

Comment

• Cousins has apparently cleared waivers and is now free to sign with any team. I expect strong interest from the Lakers, Clippers and Nets. In the case of the Lakers/Clippers, you'd have to think that a large part of the motivation is to keep him out of the hands of the other LA team.

Comment

• Shaqtin a Fool of all Shaqtin a Fool. Would the Nuggets even make the playoffs?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think part of the problem for Jamal there was his team mates all ran to the 3 point line instead of moving with him towards the basket. (Making it an actual 2 on 1) Had #1 or #7 gone to the hoop instead of spotting up on 3pt line, they would have had a dunk........
                            So his choice was drive 1 on 1, or stop and pass to a wide open teammate at 3pt line
                            Last edited by Dvdvideo; Fri Feb 26, 2021, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Shaqtin a Fool of all Shaqtin a Fool. Would the Nuggets even make the playoffs?

That's the modern NBA habit of running to the 3 pt line, killing them there instead of situationally thinking (down by 2) and scoring on a break with numbers.

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X