Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Shaqtin a Fool of all Shaqtin a Fool. Would the Nuggets even make the playoffs?

lol. That's all on MPJ. A 6-10 big man should be running straight to the basket as fast as he can. It should have been an easy alley-oop. Like Deaner said, in modern basketball you've got 6-10 guys trained to go to the 3-pt line and in this case, as as far away from both the ball-handler and the basket as possible. That's whack.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Back half of the schedule is pretty soft as well, minus a pretty tough 5-6 game stretch at the end of April, early May. So the Raptors could really improve on this as well.

I think 4th seed is the end game. I don't think we catch up to Milwaukee, Brooklyn or Philly.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Jazz so high, lakers so low?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Classic Lebron team. Shit in regular season and then turn to gods in Playoffs
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Last 15 games.. so many without Davis/Schroeder

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Last 15 games.. so many without Davis/Schroeder
              Yeah heading into the season it looked like they had improved their depth, but now not so much. It's very much just the Lebron + AD team, they're really good with those guys both playing and they're very mediocre if even one of them is out. No 17-5 Raptors thing going on there at all.

I'm still interested in seeing if/when the Nets poor defence catches up to them. It's still not good. But they just have so much top level basketball talent, that bridges the gap and then some. Will that continue to be true through four rounds of the playoffs?

Are the Suns officially getting disrespected yet? I guess Chris Paul is getting some love, but they had started rolling last year already. Things are clicking there in Phoenix.

The Golden State Warriors have been a middling offensive team and the top defensive team past 15 games? What parallel universe is this.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Re: the end of that Jazz game - a few guys messed up that one. Jamal pulled up too early when he still had space, he should have kept going to the basket with 1-2 guys on the opposing wing. The other 1 (maybe 2, but really just the trailer) can pull up on the 3 pt line. An odd man fast break is a super, super basic basketball drill and they messed up. Do "analytics" have guys thinking three pointers so much that 4 guys blow a play like that? Maybe, but they're poorly coached or idiots or just made a mistake if that's true. Analytics loves layups as much as 3 pt shots and analytic-driven teams generally emphasize attempts near the rim as much as 3's. But even that's overcomplicating it, what to do on an odd man fast break really hasn't changed at all. Awareness of score/time hasn't either, and basketball has a pretty hilarious history of guys blowing decision making in that situation. Nothing new there.

Comment

• I agree guys are ingrained to space out at the 3 pt line, but even in the modern NBA, you run towards the basket on a 2 on 1. I think the biggest thing is Porter Jr has rocks for brains and pulled a classic JR Smith type shit
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I agree guys are ingrained to space out at the 3 pt line, but even in the modern NBA, you run towards the basket on a 2 on 1. I think the biggest thing is Porter Jr has rocks for brains and pulled a classic JR Smith type shit
                    Maaaaybe all three guys who pulled up expected the other ones to keep going. Not a bad option to leave Murray with two options there, a tie at the rim or a winner at the 3 pt line (the pass to the layup could get blown up). The one guy next to MPJ threw his hands up when the shot went up - but he'd also pulled up on the 3 pt line and there was no time left, they had to shoot.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Classic Lebron team. Shit in regular season and then turn to gods in Playoffs
                      And the Jazz are the 2017-18 Raptors. lol.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I agree guys are ingrained to space out at the 3 pt line, but even in the modern NBA, you run towards the basket on a 2 on 1. I think the biggest thing is Porter Jr has rocks for brains and pulled a classic JR Smith type shit
                        The big man (MPJ) should always be going to the basket, especially at the buzzer, if only just to be there to rebound the miss. Problem is that modern big men now act like small guards.

Comment

• Jamal Murray tweeted this... lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The big man (MPJ) should always be going to the basket, especially at the buzzer, if only just to be there to rebound the miss. Problem is that modern big men now act like small guards.
                            Even a small guard should hit the rim on a 2 on 1 fast break, if he's the lead guy

Comment

• Speaking of 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 fast breaks.. how many have we blown as a team this season? Feels like we always blow them this season. Percentages can't be good.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                Jamal Murray tweeted this... lol

This angle....

Jamal honey take the L

Comment

Working...
                                X