Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Griffin situation is probably one where both the team and player are happy to move on. Pretty sure they didn't want to pay him $39 million next season, so getting some sort of discount is better than nothing given that there was obviously no trade market.
    I just feel like Blake didn't hold up to his end of the "work ethic" bargain. He had his one year where he was playing like a man possessed as an F U to Ballmer, and now he's totally checked out, lollygagging around the arc like a late career Josh Smith. I understand injuries but this man is not boxing out, running, really do anything that I would probably gladly do for the 2 million dollars per pay check salary I'm getting
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The NBA: don't like your current situation? Stop trying! You'll end up richer and in a new place!

I'll put my g_deane hat on for a minute and say these players sure complain a lot about their treatment, despite having all the power in this league
      Griffin apparently gave up $13m himself to make the buyout work, however that works.

Which also says a hell of a lot about how much money Griffin has and what a guy will do to get out of Detroit lmfao
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan should be in the ASG
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I just feel like Blake didn't hold up to his end of the "work ethic" bargain. He had his one year where he was playing like a man possessed as an F U to Ballmer, and now he's totally checked out, lollygagging around the arc like a late career Josh Smith. I understand injuries but this man is not boxing out, running, really do anything that I would probably gladly do for the 2 million dollars per pay check salary I'm getting
          I think it has a lot to do with where he is or thinks he is in his career and where Piston's are in terms of competing.It's tough for a vet who still thinks he should be competing for a title to be a part of a team building from ground up. Not excusing his lack of professionalism.

Comment

• Sources: Blake Griffin gave back $13.3 million in his buyout with the Pistons. He had $75M on his deal for this season and 2021-22. The six-time All-Star will clear waivers on Sunday and the Brooklyn Nets are the leaders to sign him.

This is yet another thing that's seriously effed up with the NBA. Veteran buyouts with them all running ring chasing to LA or NY tilting the unlevel playing field just a little bit more in the NBA's favourites favor.

Mitchell and Gobert's comments in Utah about corrupt officiating is 1000% correct and most fans just accept it.

Comment

• Adam silver starting to lose his shine. This was a really stupid decision to have an all star game. You give 1 T.V contract to TNT for the day but put games for the next 2-3 weeks in jeopardy
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Adam silver starting to lose his shine. This was a really stupid decision to have an all star game. You give 1 T.V contract to TNT for the day but put games for the next 2-3 weeks in jeopardy
                It's a gamble to make the sponsors happy and in so doing, ride out the pandemic under less financial stress. Silver comes out smelling like a rose if it works out OK, and looking like an idiot if it doesn't.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

It's a gamble to make the sponsors happy and in so doing, ride out the pandemic under less financial stress. Silver comes out smelling like a rose if it works out OK, and looking like an idiot if it doesn't.
                  All star games/weekend has been brutal the past few years anyhow, trying to decide if I should even bother watching it .....

Comment

Sure for 1 day. It's a huge risk, Now Simmons and Embiid had a contact and cant play. They say they were isolated from other players but who knows if another guy who might play tonight doesnt have a contact the entire game and participants are now close contacts and almost every team has to shut down or the league continues for 2 weeks without the best 24 players In the league. The risk waaaaay outweighs the reward imo. Pretty sure NBA is the only league who went ahead with the all star game and surprise surprise its held in the city that headd quarters TNT

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

All star games/weekend has been brutal the past few years anyhow, trying to decide if I should even bother watching it .....
                      Last year's game was a bit more entertaining than most, with the 'win-the-quarter-for-charity' angle, which meant that it wasn't always a layup / uncontested dunk parade on every possession. That being said, not going to watch this year myself.

Haven't watched the Skills, 3-Point, or Dunk contest for years unless I was wanting a nap.

Comment

• ^ That is a massive blow to the Sixers. The key for the Sixers if they want to get in the Finals is homecourt. They're a completely different team at home. Imagine if Embiid amd Simmons miss games because of Covid? Siakam has been out for a week because of this, are we sure he's going to be back next thursday? Tatum missed a week, Markkanen missed 2 weeks. You just don't know with this thing.

Also, Paul George nailed it. Adam Silver needs to stop pretending that he cares about the health of his players.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• To be fair, the bulk of them are multimillionaires.
                          if health and safety where the #1 concern, players like George could give everyone on his team a million dollars and not play the season and still be very rich. If health and safety was the primary concern, the season should have been cancelled too.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            ^ That is a massive blow to the Sixers. The key for the Sixers if they want to get in the Finals is homecourt. They're a completely different team at home. Imagine if Embiid amd Simmons miss games because of Covid? Siakam has been out for a week because of this, are we sure he's going to be back next thursday? Tatum missed a week, Markkanen missed 2 weeks. You just don't know with this thing.

Also, Paul George nailed it. Adam Silver needs to stop pretending that he cares about the health of his players.

All Adam Silver cares about is the $$$.
                            Softest commish needs to be kicked out before he completely ruin this game

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

All Adam Silver cares about is the $$$.
                              Softest commish needs to be kicked out before he completely ruin this game
                              All commissioners work for the owners and only care about money. The last few weeks have been a massive blow to the Adams carefully crafted image, we just have to pump the breaks on saying he can do no wrong. The NBAPA also had a hand in approving the game but seems like alot of the big names in the game dont really care if it went on or not. That plus Adam's previous comments about Masai followed by the BLM months later show that he is just playing a P.R game that sways day to day.
                              The masai comments would not have been made it went down in the heat of the BLM protests, Sivers started off with a huge Public image boost of banning donald sterling and has been living off that ever since. But when one of the League top Presidents was racially profiled and stolen the biggest moments in sports he sided with the law....

Comment

I think he comes off looking lucky if it works out and an idiot (players told you so) if it doesn't

Comment

Working...
                                X