No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummond is a free man. What's your call? Clips? Lakers? Nets?.........Raptors? and how long before we hear?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Uh...we ARE tanking.
      No we're not. Go into that dressing room and ask FVV, Kyle, and Nick Nurse if we're tanking. We're most likely gonna pass at least 2 or 3 teams before the seasons done.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Drummond is a free man. What's your call? Clips? Lakers? Nets?.........Raptors? and how long before we hear?
        I think its 2 days after release. But reports might come out earlier

Comment

Drummond is a free man.
          That term tho

But I get watcha mean

Comment

• By the way, what did the Celtics do at the deadline yesterday? They added Fournier, another guy who needs shots and isn't elite at anything, plus a suspect defender. Then they traded away their starting C?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              By the way, what did the Celtics do at the deadline yesterday? They added Fournier, another guy who needs shots and isn't elite at anything, plus a suspect defender. Then they traded away their starting C?
              Probably giving Robert Williams the keys. He will likely be their starting C for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That term tho

But I get watcha mean
                gotcha

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Probably giving Robert Williams the keys. He will likely be their starting C for the foreseeable future.
                  Williams is a great athlete but still pretty inexperienced. That team should have a much better record than they do, not sure what's going on. I do feel comfortable saying their GM did a poor job of converting their assets into an elite team. He was too scared to pull the trigger on deals that could have brought in a top 10 talent at least 3 different times to my recollection (Kawhi, George, AD).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

No we're not. Go into that dressing room and ask FVV, Kyle, and Nick Nurse if we're tanking. We're most likely gonna pass at least 2 or 3 teams before the seasons done.
                    It depends on what Raptor team we're getting. We destroyed Denver but they were on a back to back. Siakam and OG were awesome. Siakam especially was playing like a max player. If we get that guy we will crawl up the standings. But we have a pretty tough schedule. We haven't played the Clippers yet so at least 2 games against them. We've only played the Nets once. I believe we still have a game against the Jazz and another against the Nuggets. Lakers we play twice still but we might get lucky if AD/Lebron are still out.

They have to go 18-10 the rest of the way just to be at .500. Pacers are getting TJ Warren back soon. Chicago just got Vucevic and Theis. Maybe Charlotte slips without Ball.. but have a sizable lead on us (one game above .500)

We'll see.. but I think they stay in the lottery.. or at best (or worst depending on your point of view) get the 10th seed and a chance for the 8th against a couple of tough outs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Alize Johnson put up 23/15 the other night... off the bench in his first game back in the NBA. He's pretty good too. Why TF isn't he on the Raps if we're not tanking?
                      Watch Matt Thomas go off this next while

Comment

Drummond is a free man. What's your call? Clips? Lakers? Nets?.........Raptors? and how long before we hear?
                        Nets. It's the NBA's choice

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It depends on what Raptor team we're getting. We destroyed Denver but they were on a back to back. Siakam and OG were awesome. Siakam especially was playing like a max player. If we get that guy we will crawl up the standings. But we have a pretty tough schedule. We haven't played the Clippers yet so at least 2 games against them. We've only played the Nets once. I believe we still have a game against the Jazz and another against the Nuggets. Lakers we play twice still but we might get lucky if AD/Lebron are still out.

They have to go 18-10 the rest of the way just to be at .500. Pacers are getting TJ Warren back soon. Chicago just got Vucevic and Theis. Maybe Charlotte slips without Ball.. but have a sizable lead on us (one game above .500)

We'll see.. but I think they stay in the lottery.. or at best (or worst depending on your point of view) get the 10th seed and a chance for the 8th against a couple of tough outs.
                          If we get to the 10th spot I’d bet we end up in 8th. If we get to the 8th spot we end up in 7th. And with the league so flat we could absolutely get all the way to 6th.

Or... the shooting goes cold, we keep losing games to health and safety or injury, our C depth keeps biting us and we keep stringing losses together. Very hard to predict. But I’m hesitant to write off any of the above outcomes just yet.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Uh...we ARE tanking.
                            That's the problem, we're doing neither.

We traded Norm to get younger and help the tank
                            We traded Matty Thomas and Terrence Davis for nothing (what percentage of 2nd round picks turn into anything not names Norm Powell)

These indicated that we were tanking/retooling

Then we failed to find an adequate taker for Kyle, so there's no way he, FVV, Siakam and guys like Boucher still trying to improve their stock, will let this tank intentionally.

It's one of the only reasons it was so disappointing not to move on from Lowry. He'll hurt our draft position.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's the problem, we're doing neither.

We traded Norm to get younger and help the tank
                              We traded Matty Thomas and Terrence Davis for nothing (what percentage of 2nd round picks turn into anything not names Norm Powell)

These indicated that we were tanking/retooling

Then we failed to find an adequate taker for Kyle, so there's no way he, FVV, Siakam and guys like Boucher still trying to improve their stock, will let this tank intentionally.

It's one of the only reasons it was so disappointing not to move on from Lowry. He'll hurt our draft position.
                              We had a full line up minus OG and got spanked by Houston after already being on an 8 game losing streak. This team is far more cold than hot this season. Masai knows this.

The key is the buyout market. If we don't get a center, we will lose more than we will win. It'll simply come down to that position. We don't have a viable center right now. And haven't all year. And I don't think Masai is throwing Nurse a life raft.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If we get to the 10th spot I’d bet we end up in 8th. If we get to the 8th spot we end up in 7th. And with the league so flat we could absolutely get all the way to 6th.

Or... the shooting goes cold, we keep losing games to health and safety or injury, our C depth keeps biting us and we keep stringing losses together. Very hard to predict. But I’m hesitant to write off any of the above outcomes just yet.
                                Atlanta/NY are pretty stable.. they keep winning, and I don't see them losing unless someone gets hurt. Charlotte is a question mark because of Ball, but are 1 game above .500. To match them we have to go 19-9 the rest of the way. Boston/Miami should be locks.

Then we have Indiana and Chicago. Indiana has a good team on paper, but are also missing TJ Warren. They also have an easier schedule than us.

Chicago is a wild card.. Vucevic may not help much.. he surely didn't help Orlando. So we might out pace them. They are 10th in the East, we are 11th.

If we get that 10th spot, we play Indiana (probably) and then one of Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Boston or NY to get in. Maybe depending on the team we play we can get in.. but I'm not betting on it at this point in time. We'll see of course.. but feeling pretty pessimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X