Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    What the saying again? the grass is not always greener on the other side?

He should refuse to play, the Lakers should waive him, and then sign with us. Despite his shortcomings last year, I'd still take him over Baynes in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Sat Apr 3, 2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I think the saying is "I believe in Masai"

Comment

At least Gasol's on the LA team that is better positioned to get out of the west and have a shot at the Larry O'B. This year's Clippers are unlikely to get past whichever of the the Jazz or the Lakers they meet first, and Denver could cause them problems as well. They remind me a little of the Lowry-Derozan era Raptors - good at many things, but neither outstanding enough at any one thing nor good enough at everything to win in the playoffs - and lacking in the one-through-fifteen mental toughness to bring it at the level they need to besides.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

He should refuse to play, the Lakers should waive him, and then sign with us. Despite his shortcomings last year, I'd still take him over Baynes in a heartbeat.
          He's now insurance, they aren't going to waive him.

On that note, the NBA should institute a minimum return for teams "waiving" players like Drummond and Aldridge. No way they should be allowed to walk for nothing to help stacked teams. It's bullchit and undermines the integrity of the league imo. Maybe make it a minimum 2nd rounder if they're picked up and lower teams pick first

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

He's now insurance, they aren't going to waive him.

On that note, the NBA should institute a minimum return for teams "waiving" players like Drummond and Aldridge. No way they should be allowed to walk for nothing to help stacked teams. It's bullchit and undermines the integrity of the league imo. Maybe make it a minimum 2nd rounder if they're picked up and lower teams pick first
            They should lower the amount of players you can sign from a buyout to 1 per team. Exceptions being if you need to sign more due to injuries or things like that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

They should lower the amount of players you can sign from a buyout to 1 per team. Exceptions being if you need to sign more due to injuries or things like that.
              Players can secretly conspire with a contender and force their teams to buy them out too.
              Have these bought out players sit out the rest of the season instead?
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Players can secretly conspire with a contender and force their teams to buy them out too.
                Have these bought out players sit out the rest of the season,
                so no team can exploit this loophole.
                That's what it should be but no way the union allows it. Buyouts shouldn't be allowed until the end of the season is another way to do it

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's what it should be but no way the union allows it. Buyouts shouldn't be allowed until the end of the season is another way to do it
                  Maybe teams can still keep the player, but just sit him out. Player will not lose any salary, he will be treated as an injured player, but his salary will not be reflected in the team cap?
                  That's similar to your suggestion, only differrence is that one reason teams buy them out is cap flexibility.
                  Teams will have to shoulder their salary, they made a mistake in signing or trading for them anyway.

Comment

• Didn't Gasol make comments about the role here (starter, catching heat for not coming through in bubble playoffs) being too big? Wanted to slide into something nice and easy on the Lakers? Now he's bummed he's losing his minutes?

Serge also took some offense at not being offered a second year but is now getting less PT.

Some of these guys need to realize how well they were treated in Toronto. And/or being a traditional centre in his 30s is a precarious place to be in the current NBA.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Didn't Gasol make comments about the role here (starter, catching heat for not coming through in bubble playoffs) being too big? Wanted to slide into something nice and easy on the Lakers? Now he's bummed he's losing his minutes?

Serge also took some offense at not being offered a second year but is now getting less PT.

Some of these guys need to realize how well they were treated in Toronto. And/or being a traditional centre in his 30s is a precarious place to be in the current NBA.
                      It's all uncle Dennis's fault
                      Had Kawhi stayed, team will still be intact

Comment

• Almost started an "Everything Team and NBA Records" thread. The rate that past marks have been falling in the last couple of seasons is remarkable to me. I realize that all of the franchise's past marks are already available somewhere, but comments from the folks who watched the records made, and their impressions at the time are probably worth recording.

As I say, I almost started a thread, then accepted the fact that I don't have the time or memory to do a proper introduction or give that thread's initial post the attention it deserves, so I'm just throwing the idea out there in case it motivates anybody.

But damn. How many team, player, and NBA records fell just last night? What a freakin' game.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Almost started an "Everything Team and NBA Records" thread. The rate that past marks have been falling in the last couple of seasons is remarkable to me. I realize that all of the franchise's past marks are already available somewhere, but comments from the folks who watched the records made, and their impressions at the time are probably worth recording.

As I say, I almost started a thread, then accepted the fact that I don't have the time or memory to do a proper introduction or give that thread's initial post the attention it deserves, so I'm just throwing the idea out there in case it motivates anybody.

But damn. How many team, player, and NBA records fell just last night? What a freakin' game.
                          I was going to say the nba should want fair and even playing field for all nba teams. But I fear they are actually happier with stacked big market teams, sad really, kind of ruins it in a way.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So our post COVID Fred is about 10 spots up on the guy (breaking news) who just signed for $40 million a year (Jrue). We don’t appreciate this guy enough.

Comment

• Jrue is a rich man. Who said defense doesn't get you paid
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X