Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i dunno, LMA is a borderline HOFer (to the extent that we're debating it here), roy absolutely would have been if he stayed healthy, and foye and gay had solid pro careers. i think the kwame brown draft had more whiffs
    I see your Aldridge, Foye and Gay, and I raise you Pau Gasol, Tyson Chandler, j rich, battier and joe Johnson in the 2001 top 10. 1 borderline hof, 5 solid careers

I ain't counting Injuries either, to me Brandon roy unfortunate injuries only add to the misfortune of that draft
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I see your Aldridge, Foye and Gay, and I raise you Pau Gasol, Tyson Chandler, j rich, battier and joe Johnson in the 2001 top 10. 1 borderline hof, 5 solid careers

I ain't counting Injuries either, to me Brandon roy unfortunate injuries only add to the misfortune of that draft
      hmm i think i was conflating the 2000 and 2001 drafts, even though kwame was drftaed in 01. have a gander at 2000, i think the best player drafted was probably michael redd at 43. it's between kenyon martin, mike miller, and jamal crawford for best in the top ten.

i submit that the top ten of all three of those drafts were brutal!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

sorry i just thought it was funny that you called him a champion.

anyhow tmac and vince "never won shit" but both were part of teams that at least made the playoffs. and tmac was like a generational scorer. it's him, kobe, and AI from that generation. his case was pretty indisputable to me.
        Yeah he wasn't a winning player but being that consistent a scorer is tough to do. Not many players average 20+ppg for their career. Idk what his situation was but it looked like he played on a shitty kings team for a while, probably chose money over rings like some guys like to do. It is what it is he's a HOFer and the basketball HOF is known to be "easy" to get inducted into.

EDIT

I did a little digging and found a quote from MJ saying Mitch Richmond was one of the toughest guys to guard. I rest my case.
        Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Apr 16, 2021, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Steph when he's cooking is the most fun player in the NBA. Dueling with Tatum right now and it's great TV
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Guess its not just the Raptors anymore.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Guess its not just the Raptors anymore.

OK still stupid but better not just us. Pops will be livid lol

Comment

• NBA see's the slew of non-contact injury's to young stars likely caused by the condenses schedule they imposed in order to honor T.V contract.... And say fuck we better start fining teams for trying to protect their players
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Jokic has to be the fav for MVP now - and I don't really see any competition. LeBron and Harden are still out. The Blazers have completely fallen off in the standings and Embiid has missed too many games. But I must say, If not for the injury, Embiid would probably be the favorite.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Sun Apr 18, 2021, 10:20 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• NBA free agency period to open on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET

"Teams will be able to begin negotiations with players on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET and later can sign free agents starting at 12:01 p.m. ET on Aug. 6."

NBA saying that with a straight face?

Maybe has been AWOL most of the year because he's recruiting Kawhi back?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      NBA free agency period to open on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET

"Teams will be able to begin negotiations with players on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET and later can sign free agents starting at 12:01 p.m. ET on Aug. 6."

NBA saying that with a straight face?

Maybe has been AWOL most of the year because he's recruiting Kawhi back?
                      Never understood this fiction. The second after the contracts expire then all teams should be free to sign any free agent. There is no need for a negotiation window.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Never understood this fiction. The second after the contracts expire then all teams should be free to sign any free agent. There is no need for a negotiation window.
                        Well, there's what's allowed ....and then what happens so that you get a dozen contracts announced a minute after the windows opens

Comment

• Steph Curry is the most fun basketball player i've watched. I gotta put him ahead of guys like Jordan and Kobe.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If Utah loses I think every underdog won tonight

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Steph Curry is the most fun basketball player i've watched. I gotta put him ahead of guys like Jordan and Kobe.
                              He is for sure fun to watch offensive player, but Jordan actually played defense, played in a much harder/tougher league, and I think you may be forgetting just how good kobe was.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

He is for sure fun to watch offensive player, but Jordan actually played defense, played in a much harder/tougher league, and I think you may be forgetting just how good kobe was.
                                Creating a hierarchy of entertaining basketball players is different from a list of "most skilled" or "greatest of all time" players. It would have to be pretty subjective. John Stockton doesn't get a lot of props compared to many, but I loved watching him play. John Havelicek was another very heady player. Different times, different style of basketball. Same deal with movies. Watching a lot of films from the 1950s that were supposed to be funny or scary is almost a joke today. But that's entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X