Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Thats why Beal would be great, at least we'd have a scorer capable of going toe to toe with anyone on those teams, outside of the Nets maybe, given they have 3 guys that can score as well or better than beal. The way this season is going though, Beal is looking less and less likely to be available.
    There's no way Bela is available for anyone on our roster short of a full gut or a ton of draft picks included. That's why it's important to land these guys in FA an not trade; free agents cost nothing but dough. At one point he was available and so was Jimmy Butler, we couldn't get either one to come to the Raptors....

Realistically, would you want to play with Russ Westbrook, a triple doubles automatic machine and Alex Len, a premier C in the league or who we have here right now? With Beal here, the Raps are a top 3 team in the East and he reinvigorates a Siakam and makes him look like a star again.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

There's no way Bela is available for anyone on our roster short of a full gut or a ton of draft picks included. That's why it's important to land these guys in FA an not trade; free agents cost nothing but dough. At one point he was available and so was Jimmy Butler, we couldn't get either one to come to the Raptors....

Realistically, would you want to play with Russ Westbrook, a triple doubles automatic machine and Alex Len, a premier C in the league or who we have here right now? With Beal here, the Raps are a top 3 team in the East and he reinvigorates a Siakam and makes him look like a star again.
      Just because a player is a free agent doesnt make them available. We are not players in free agency. You have to come to terms with that. TO isnt a big deal to NBA players, or anyone outside of TO to be honest.

i dont ever remember the raps attempting to lure either beal or butler here, so I dont know what your getting on with there. As far as Im concerned the only mistake masai has ever made was setting up the team for a run at giannis in free agency. We have a better chance at getting him via trade than as a free agent, and I said as much when most of the board was salivating at the chance to sign him this offseason.

Also, beal would be great with pascal, but also OG, and if a trade could be made, Im moving pascal before OG. No doubt it would take at least one of the two, and multiple 1st rounders. But thats not happening unless the wiz tear it down, and given hiw they are playing, they will likely be buyers than sellers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Never been a fan of KAT's. Don't really understand the attraction. He's a rich man's (and by that I mean a max player)'s version of Vucevic.
        We should be going after Jokic. When is he becoming available?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

UFA in 2023. Let's time all our new contracts to expire before then and not sign anyone past that so we can save cap space for him. Wait...I think I've seen that tried before somewhere..
          Last edited by inthepaint; Sun May 2, 2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

UFA in 2023. Let's time all our new contracts to expire before then and not sign anyone past that so we can save cap space for him. Wait...I think I've seen that tried before somewhere..
            All-Stars are leaving their teams on their own. We can trade for him also when he gets tired of Denver. We did it before it HAS to work again right
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

About the same time that our prized draft pick gets a max contract but plays as well as Fred or Pascal does.

Comment

• Westbrook's halftime stats - 8 points 12 rebounds 14 assists. Dude is on a serious roll.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Westbrook's halftime stats - 8 points 12 rebounds 14 assists. Dude is on a serious roll.
                  Triple double machine

Comment

• Drummond - 21 mins: 4/0/1, -11

Gasol - 16 mins: 10/7/2, +17
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Would love to see Lakers vs Clippers in round 1 and one of those teams get eliminated right away. They are presently in the 4/5 seeds.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Westbrook's halftime stats - 8 points 12 rebounds 14 assists. Dude is on a serious roll.
                        I’m happy for Russ. He gets too much hate. Ended up last night with 14 points, 21 rebounds, 24 assists with only 8 shots attempted and a team best +21.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I’m happy for Russ. He gets too much hate. Ended up last night with 14 points, 21 rebounds, 24 assists with only 8 shots attempted and a team best +21.
                          Great article on him on ESPN today from Goldsberry

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...efficient-ever

Comment

Would love to see Lakers vs Clippers in round 1 and one of those teams get eliminated right away. They are presently in the 4/5 seeds.
                            Didn't think of that....that's almost better than the Lakers playing a play in game

Comment

Did they just say on SportsNet that he could score ZERO points the rest of the way and still end up with an AVG triple double?

Comment

• Laker fans starting to learn how bad Drummond is. Washed up Marc Gasol is still a hell of a lot better than Drummond.

Another thing that I learned last night is that Kyle Kuzma is smarter than Vogel.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X