Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Laker fans starting to learn how bad Drummond is. Washed up Marc Gasol is still a hell of a lot better than Drummond.

Another thing that I learned last night is that Kyle Kuzma is smarter than Vogel.

Lakers fans are hilarious. Lakers and Knicks fans are the peak for a couple things: being completely unaware of what's happening outside of their own team, overhyping players on their team, and turning on players on their team.

The last couple years in LAL have been nuts - they were so excited for Danny Green, turned on him (and his wife) pretty intensely, he's fine now in Philly.

When Gasol was incoming, people actually said "he can average 10/10/10 here" etc. They were so hyped up. Half a season later they mocked him incessantly.

Then Drummond was the answer? They had no idea who Drummond is. One month in they're starting to realize he's not so good, and Gasol's actually not so bad.

I will never write off a Lebron team pre-playoffs. He's had several years where his team looked vulnerable heading into the postseason, then they just cranked it up. High IQ, experience, his skill set can help you do that. So I'm not writing any obituaries yet, but it is fun to see such an entitled fanbase struggle a bit.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Lakers fans are hilarious. Lakers and Knicks fans are the peak for a couple things: being completely unaware of what's happening outside of their own team, overhyping players on their team, and turning on players on their team.

The last couple years in LAL have been nuts - they were so excited for Danny Green, turned on him (and his wife) pretty intensely, he's fine now in Philly.

When Gasol was incoming, people actually said "he can average 10/10/10 here" etc. They were so hyped up. Half a season later they mocked him incessantly.

Then Drummond was the answer? They had no idea who Drummond is. One month in they're starting to realize he's not so good, and Gasol's actually not so bad.

I will never write off a Lebron team pre-playoffs. He's had several years where his team looked vulnerable heading into the postseason, then they just cranked it up. High IQ, experience, his skill set can help you do that. So I'm not writing any obituaries yet, but it is fun to see such an entitled fanbase struggle a bit.
      Yeah Lebron's team looked dysfunctional pre-playoffs and then turned it on but those teams never won the whole thing. So maybe they'll perform well in playoffs but ultimate prize is already out the window imo
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah Lebron's team looked dysfunctional pre-playoffs and then turned it on but those teams never won the whole thing. So maybe they'll perform well in playoffs but ultimate prize is already out the window imo
        The Lakers season depends on LeBron's health. If he's not 100% they're done. Davis is not going to lead them to a championship. And if you look at the standings, the Lakers will likely play the Clippers or the Nuggets. They're not beating the Clippers in a 7 game series specially with LeBron not 100%. And I know they lost last night but the Nuggets are not going to be an easy matchup. If LeBron's not 100% i'd favor the Nuggets.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah, this looks like the classic "Lebron's team is in turmoil" heading into the playoffs, like we've seen before. I mean, the Drummond/Gasol situation has an easy fix: start Gasol. And they'll get Schroeder back from protocols, so that's another playmaker in the starting lineup. It's not like they have to make actual roster moves to easily improve. More like health and addition by subtraction. The thing is, both Gasol and Drummond will be off the floor when it matters, so this is kind of a red herring anyway.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, this looks like the classic "Lebron's team is in turmoil" heading into the playoffs, like we've seen before. I mean, the Drummond/Gasol situation has an easy fix: start Gasol. And they'll get Schroeder back from protocols, so that's another playmaker in the starting lineup. It's not like they have to make actual roster moves to easily improve. More like health and addition by subtraction. The thing is, both Gasol and Drummond will be off the floor when it matters, so this is kind of a red herring anyway.
            Yeah both Gasol and Drummond are thoroughly washed, it's just that Drummond is even more so. Playoff time what they'll do when it matters is play AD at the 5 and James at the 4, with schroder, caruso and Kuzma supporting it.

Comment

• Don't forget that in the playoffs LeBron's team always gets a 6th player in the form of the refs. The other team needs to be so much better that the refs can't swing it the other way.

Comment

Gasol is still washed on anything but a great team. There's too much to make up on an average team for his total lack of personal offensive contributions imo. With lebron and AD, you can hide a lot .....

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Lakers season depends on LeBron's health. If he's not 100% they're done. Davis is not going to lead them to a championship. And if you look at the standings, the Lakers will likely play the Clippers or the Nuggets. They're not beating the Clippers in a 7 game series specially with LeBron not 100%. And I know they lost last night but the Nuggets are not going to be an easy matchup. If LeBron's not 100% i'd favor the Nuggets.
                  As long as the lakers get taken out early, I'm good. Don't really want to see Kawhi hoisting anything but bitter tears either but after bron gets dumped

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

As long as the lakers get taken out early, I'm good. Don't really want to see Kawhi hoisting anything but bitter tears either but after bron gets dumped
                    Kawhi is going to win his 3rd championship this year. Nobody in the West can really challenge the Clips this year especially with the LeBron injury. In the East there's Brooklyn but nah i'm taking a Kawhi led team over a KD led team 7 days of the week and twice on sunday.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah both Gasol and Drummond are thoroughly washed, it's just that Drummond is even more so. Playoff time what they'll do when it matters is play AD at the 5 and James at the 4, with schroder, caruso and Kuzma supporting it.
                      Drummond isnt washed, hes just always sucked. The further the nba gets away from the basket the more he sucks. Hes a franchise center in 1998.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's too bad that all happened at/after the trade deadline, Marc probably would have asked for a buyout, and we could have signed him

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Never been a fan of KAT's. Don't really understand the attraction. He's a rich man's (and by that I mean a max player)'s version of Vucevic.
                          Wow, couldn't disagree anymore. Vuc is having a career year at 30 and just now sniffing the numbers 25 year old KAT has been posting for years. KAT is an ELITE shooting, elite rebounding center. Franchise player in the sense that he's definitely one of the top 30 players in the world, despite injuries, family struggles, and a joke of a franchise.

Don't talk about winning until he gets away from that joke squad in Minny. In their entire miserable 31 year existence, they made it out of the first round ONCE. And that's WITH an all time great hall of famer in KG for over 10 years lol. Even he couldn't win with em. KAT could very well finish his career as an empty stats guy with not a lot of accomplishments. Or he could go to a new franchise, re enter the "best big in the game" discussions, find a new gear and win a ring as the best player. Either one is very possible, but he is certainly worth the risk.

If Minnesota was actually crazy to do it for basically Siakam? You drive to the airport and pick him up before they change their minds.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Wow, couldn't disagree anymore. Vuc is having a career year at 30 and just now sniffing the numbers 25 year old KAT has been posting for years. KAT is an ELITE shooting, elite rebounding center. Franchise player in the sense that he's definitely one of the top 30 players in the world, despite injuries, family struggles, and a joke of a franchise.

Don't talk about winning until he gets away from that joke squad in Minny. In their entire miserable 31 year existence, they made it out of the first round ONCE. And that's WITH an all time great hall of famer in KG for over 10 years lol. Even he couldn't win with em. KAT could very well finish his career as an empty stats guy with not a lot of accomplishments. Or he could go to a new franchise, re enter the "best big in the game" discussions, find a new gear and win a ring as the best player. Either one is very possible, but he is certainly worth the risk.

If Minnesota was actually crazy to do it for basically Siakam? You drive to the airport and pick him up before they change their minds.
                            Agreed. He is 25 years old, averaged 23 and 12 and shot 40% from 3 in his first 6 seasons. Pascal would look good playing beside a front court mate like KAT, but if it requires trading Pascal, you do it.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                              It's too bad that all happened at/after the trade deadline, Marc probably would have asked for a buyout, and we could have signed him
                              If he was bought out, Gasol would have went to the Clippers instead of DeMarcus Cousins - 100% for sure.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

i get the talent but man it's hard to shake the fact that jimmy butler was so desperate to not play with him that he literally assembled the national media to a timberwolves practice for the sole purpose of completely humiliating him.

anthony davis was brought up as a comparable situation up-thread but i'm not sure it's a good comp because anthony davis was a two way player, even when he was on bad teams. i'm not sure you could win at a high level with KAT... i feel like he'd either get played off the floor or be fully exploited.

most of this board is eager to get rid of siakam but guys that can give you 40 mins a night of excellent two-way when the stakes are highest don't grow on trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X