Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    I read the article. I think it's complete BS. Someone is trying to get Nate fired. If you read the Raptors part of the reporting, ask yourself, do you really think LOWRY would allow that to happen?

Also this:

When the Raptors last played the Pacers, all the Raptor players gave Nate a big hug after the game. Even OG went out of his way to seek out Nate's kids who came onto the court. Unless Nate completely changed his personality after becoming a head coach, it's hard to believe he's the Jekyll & Hyde that these articles are trying to portray. Something seems off here.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

When the Raptors last played the Pacers, all the Raptor players gave Nate a big hug after the game. Even OG went out of his way to seek out Nate's kids who came onto the court. Unless Nate completely changed his personality after becoming a head coach, it's hard to believe he's the Jekyll & Hyde that these articles are trying to portray. Something seems off here.
      His contract is guaranteed for next season so Nate is getting paid either way.

Winning cures everything so if Indiana makes the playoffs Nate is probably safe.

Comment

• Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat May 8, 2021, 01:14 PM.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Obviously Indy is having some internal issues, it's spilled out onto the sidelines in-game - but there's a lot of bullshit in that story. All the anonymous sources reek to high heaven. Not one meaningful quote with a name attached to it. That's always a huge, huge warning sign. Lots of 'sources say' etc. Easy to write whatever you want with zero accountability doing that. Borderline unethical to throw a professional's career under the bus with so little substance to put on paper.

They already had to retract the "TJ Warren trade request" bit because it got called out as false, TJ also had a 'quit using my name to push false narratives' tweet in response. The 'no one talked to TJ before they hired Nate' was also called out as false, they did do exactly that. NN and Raptors players are calling the Raptors segment bullshit. I don't know how many edits that piece has by now and it's only been 2 days.

Sounds like some anonymous sources have an axe to grind. How far down the depth chart can a 'Pacers staffer' be? Is somebody in video tired of getting yelled at?

Then the sideline thing was weird, it was Jeff Foster yelling at a third string centre. Nate helped calm the situation down. Per the Bleacher Report piece, Jeff is one of the guys who has a problem with Nate. How does that lead to him yelling at players on the sideline?

Something's not going well in Indiana but there's way too much mess in that report. I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. Unless you think a relatively unknown Bleacher Report writer from NY has all the inside dirt on the Pacers organization. I'm pretty skeptical.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The bleacher report writer who did the Pacers/Nate story has a new book released this week.
            Coincidence? Or is his piece just generating free advertising for his new book?

Comment

• Wonder how much this story has to do with the guy they let go is leading a confrence rival to a 4th seed? Maybe the pacers are thinking of letting Nate go and now are looking for ways to make it look like a move they have to do. Rather then firing coaches in back to back season and the guy they let go having success elsewhere?
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Man if these standings hold to the end of the season the bottom half of each conference will be loaded and the top half (philly in east and Utah/Denver/Dallas) will have a real easy path the the conference finals
                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sat May 8, 2021, 02:52 PM.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Reg season normally starts in the last week of October right? is there actually a chance the Raptors starts the season in Tampa? if Canada is still like this 5 months from now then something went terribly wrong. I was watching the Canelo fight the other night, I don't know where it was but they had 70,000+ people in attendance. Things are starting to look normal in the States.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Reg season normally starts in the last week of October right? is there actually a chance the Raptors starts the season in Tampa? if Canada is still like this 5 months from now then something went terribly wrong. I was watching the Canelo fight the other night, I don't know where it was but they had 70,000+ people in attendance. Things are starting to look normal in the States.

A lot of people in the States already got their second dose and are starting to reopen. Canada hasn't handled the pandemic well but they plan to have everyone vaccinated with the second dose by September, so maybe the Raptors will be able to play in Toronto if everything goes right.

Comment

Reg season normally starts in the last week of October right? is there actually a chance the Raptors starts the season in Tampa? if Canada is still like this 5 months from now then something went terribly wrong. I was watching the Canelo fight the other night, I don't know where it was but they had 70,000+ people in attendance. Things are starting to look normal in the States.

Within the next 30-60 days, everyone who wants to be vaccinated (voluntarily) will have done so. The 4 month waiting period for 2nd shots will also be shortened again as supply will far exceed demand.

Hey! Who's paying for those 100M extra vaccines we ordered with no return policy?)

There's no reason we aren't back to relative normal by September.

Comment

I have a $100 bet with my buddy that the Raps will not be in Toronto next season. I feel very good about collecting on it.

Vaccines are only a part of it. The US is re-opening in large part because they are looking for reasons to re-open and have made decisions based on a cost-benefit analysis. In Canada, we are looking for reasons to close up even more and making decisions based on a premise that the only thing that matters is not getting COVID. I just don't see that mindset changing any time soon regardless of vaccines because those won't 100% stop this virus and that seems to be the sole focus of the 'experts' in this country. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

• Raptors should play in Vancouver if Toronto doesn't work out. No American markets please
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Raptors should play in Vancouver if Toronto doesn't work out. No American markets please
                            BC won't be open either (they have checkpoints where you show your papers now) but Raps will have lots of options south of the border with 100% capacity and the NBA might be wise to showcase a potential expansion market with the Raps. The biggest mistake MLSE made this year was believing they were going to be in Toronto, so they acted too late. They won't do that again, especially if a market where they can sell out 41 games is available.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

BC won't be open either (they have checkpoints where you show your papers now) but Raps will have lots of options south of the border with 100% capacity and the NBA might be wise to showcase a potential expansion market with the Raps. The biggest mistake MLSE made this year was believing they were going to be in Toronto, so they acted too late. They won't do that again, especially if a market where they can sell out 41 games is available.
                              Our invincible management team made a lot of mistakes this year ....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I have a $100 bet with my buddy that the Raps will not be in Toronto next season. I feel very good about collecting on it.

Vaccines are only a part of it. The US is re-opening in large part because they are looking for reasons to re-open and have made decisions based on a cost-benefit analysis. In Canada, we are looking for reasons to close up even more and making decisions based on a premise that the only thing that matters is not getting COVID. I just don't see that mindset changing any time soon regardless of vaccines because those won't 100% stop this virus and that seems to be the sole focus of the 'experts' in this country. Hope I am wrong.
                                Yeah, plus we're talking about a province (Ontario) that has banned golf, literally one of the only things you can do 100% safely and benefitting the physical and mental well being.

Common sense left this place a long time ago. Welcome to the nanny state.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X