Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Do Tampa area fans pull towards Orlando or are they Heat fans? Or just not many basketball fans?
    Most locals either pull for Orlando or a another random NBA team. The fans are pretty hardcore for the Lightning and Bucs, totally Fairweather with the Ray's but their stadium is in a really stupid area in St Pete that's hard to get to and is a total piece of crap. If it was in Tampa I think they'd have sold out games like the Lightning and Bucs.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      i remember wanting to sign oladipo at the beginning of this season when I projected forward.. oh man he is having another surgery... what does everyone thing about his game and where he will end up?
      Its on the same quad and from what I know quad injuries are very tough to fully recover from (see Kawhi). If a team like the raps got him he might be able to come back at full strength with load management. IF he ends up on a team with a shit medical staff (i.e most of the league) he's gonna have a hard time.

Comment

• Where’s chr1stian at? What would it take for a Thad Young to the raptors trade?

Comment

• Sunday's game against the Nuggets is a must win game for the Blazers because if the Lakers win their next 2 games(Pacers and Pels) and the Blazers lose to the Nuggets - Blazers drop to the play-in. If that happens they might not even make the playoffs
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JV just dropped his 48th double double of the season, tops in the league.....now we know his game has flaws but I used to say if Casey would just give the guy his minutes, he'd be a double double machine and ...there you go.

Dude could always rebound but between Casey sitting him after he dropped 15 in a quarter and him never getting any touches when Kyle and DeMar were both on the floor, well he's in a better place now but would look awfully good here starting or coming off the bench.

Comment

• Just trying to get this straight:
              Kawhi is are making the playoffs
              Serge is making the playoffs
              Gasol is making the playoffs
              Danny Green is making the playoffs
              JV, is at least making the playoffs or play-ins
              DeMar is at least making the playoffs or play-ins
              Norm Powell is is at least making the playoffs or play-ins

Kyle could have been there ....

We got our chip but that a lot of ex-Raptor talent doing OK. Now the few of you guys that want to read something into everything, relax. I'm just trying to get this straight

Comment

• We should vote as a forum and decide which team we want to win the east and the west ....
                (different from who we think will win.....)

But still picking a team that has a chance?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  JV just dropped his 48th double double of the season, tops in the league.....now we know his game has flaws but I used to say if Casey would just give the guy his minutes, he'd be a double double machine and ...there you go.

Dude could always rebound but between Casey sitting him after he dropped 15 in a quarter and him never getting any touches when Kyle and DeMar were both on the floor, well he's in a better place now but would look awfully good here starting or coming off the bench.
                  Yeah, unfortunately some of his opportunity there this year is because JJJ's been out. JV is not in the long term plans for Memphis' starting frontcourt. Crazy for a top 5 pick who just turned 28 and could give you 20+12 if you gave him 30 mpg and touches - basically hasn't had a real home since his 2nd or 3rd year when it became apparent he wasn't going to get real starter-level run. I suppose it is what it is?

Someone hit their GM on the head and trade Baynes + Hood for JV quick. Or - is there any legitimate reason they'd take Boucher + Hood for JV?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately some of his opportunity there this year is because JJJ's been out. JV is not in the long term plans for Memphis' starting frontcourt. Crazy for a top 5 pick who just turned 28 and could give you 20+12 if you gave him 30 mpg and touches - basically hasn't had a real home since his 2nd or 3rd year when it became apparent he wasn't going to get real starter-level run. I suppose it is what it is?

Someone hit their GM on the head and trade Baynes + Hood for JV quick. Or - is there any legitimate reason they'd take Boucher + Hood for JV?
                    Nope, Memphis franchise is considering JV a keeper right now, definetly in their plans especially with that salary of his.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Within the next 30-60 days, everyone who wants to be vaccinated (voluntarily) will have done so. The 4 month waiting period for 2nd shots will also be shortened again as supply will far exceed demand.

Hey! Who's paying for those 100M extra vaccines we ordered with no return policy?)

There's no reason we aren't back to relative normal by September.
                      Well I hope you're right. Mark Shapiro said that he's still hoping the Raptors can play home games in Toronto this year. Baseball reg season ends in the last week of september. So we'll see.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's also playing in a place with no real pressure or expectations. Not a bad place to be for some guys but you know he's prefer to be here.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Nope, Memphis franchise is considering JV a keeper right now, definetly in their plans especially with that salary of his.
                          I get the sense the story on JV has changed this season in Memphis. Jackson is still a key piece but he isn't reliable enough at this point to be a main guy.

Comment

• JV would certainly check a lot of boxes here. Rebounding, toughness, a center. He’s shooting almost 37% from 3 this year. I think Memphis should keep him but we will see.
                            His challenge of course is this team with this coach and this leadership likes to play a switchy, swarmy, system where players guard multiple positions. JV brings a lot of good things to the table but if the team is committed to a certain style of play they are likely looking for players that fit into that style of play. Obviously Aaron Baynes isn’t that player either but you know what I mean.

Is JV better than Richaun Holmes? I think probably yes. But you would have to trade for him. But trading for him allows you to keep Lowry whereas Holmes you need to let Lowry walk for nothing. That assumes Memphis would even want to trade him which they might not.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

What do you mean a keeper right now? afaik he's always been a transition plan, JJJ & Clarke are the future frontcourt, Ja & Brooks are the future on the perimeter, put all those guys together and JV's a few years too old and his salary will get in the way after this deal expires. They gave him a 3 year deal (year 3 next year) because it expires the same offseason as JJJ is due his next, presumably much larger, contract. They'll have two offseasons to re-sign that whole core (Ja/Brooks/Clarke/JJJ) and when a team hits a stage like that there just isn't salary space for a guy like JV, who they'll be hoping is on the bench at that point if Clarke and JJJ keep developing.

At least that's where I understand things are at, if anyone follows the Grizz more closely please tell me if I'm full of shit.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I get the sense the story on JV has changed this season in Memphis. Jackson is still a key piece but he isn't reliable enough at this point to be a main guy.
                                I don't know, I think they appreciate him more than they did at first but JJJ's been out all year and JV's only actually gotten a slight bump in minutes and usage, they've compensated more by going small than by going to JV. They actually went to JV a lot more in Year 1 there when the roster was thinner and they needed him, he had 31% USG with them that year and is 22% now. He's focusing a bit more on rebounding this year, he's found a good fit, but it doesn't look like a real pivot has happened or anything from a team perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X