Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

What now?
    Does this mean this just happened? Or that it happened when the raptors season was done? Casue if it just happend then he might miss the start of season
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Does this mean this just happened? Or that it happened when the raptors season was done? Casue if it just happend then he might miss the start of season
      Yup he'll miss October and parts of November
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It happened against the Grizzlies. Apparently they thought they can help him recover without surgery, but decided they need it because of the chances of re-injuring it again.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It happened against the Grizzlies. Apparently they thought they can help him recover without surgery, but decided they need it because of the chances of re-injuring it again.
          ahh so kinda the same thing that happen to paul geroge if i remember correctly

Comment

• Embiid goes down hard. He has a tore miniscus and is in the game with 6 minutes with the sixers up 20 points...

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It's not going to happen because the Nets will come out of the East and the Clips will come out of the West. But I really would love to see a Jazz/Sixers finals. The best C in the game vs the second best C in the game/best defensive player in the game. That'd be a fun matchup because Gobert is a monster defensively. Can Gobert contain Embiid 1 on 1? fun matchup. But anyway, Gobert is the DPOY hands down. No idea why the voting was that close.
              The NBA's version of ranked choice voting will usually be "that close" in terms of points when there is both a clear first choice and a clear second choice because the second place votes will ordinarily guarantee the second place player about 50% of the first place player's votes because each second place vote will be worth 60% of a first place vote.

I suppose you could be asking why Simmons got one first place for every 5.5-ish that Gobert got, but isn't that a pretty dominant margin for DPOY already?

Comment

• OG didn't get votes because he missed way too many games.

Pascal's surgery is this late primarily because they waited for the top doctor to have an opening more so than just figuring out now that he needed surgery.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Embiid goes down hard. He has a tore miniscus and is in the game with 6 minutes with the sixers up 20 points...
                  And why is he also playing that hard with that big of a lead.
                  Embiid plays like a grade school kid.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

And why is he also playing that hard with that big of a lead.
                    Embiid plays like a grade school kid.
                    I'll never criticize professional ball players for "playing hard to the whistle"
                    It's how the good ones are wired and why in basketball, the Coach has to sit guys in the 4Q because they only have one speed on the court

Comment

• So they have a shadow GM who controls everything including game lineups? this is so fucked up.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        So they have a shadow GM who controls everything including game lineups? this is so fucked up.

lol. He's that gambling guy who created a company that was making (and winning) huge bets on NBA games using analytics. On the one hand, the guy put his own money where his mouth was when it comes to believing in the numbers. But on the other hand, we've seen what actually happens when you give analytics guys too much control of your franchise (e.g. John Hollinger, Grizzlies).

Comment

• Player empowerment era. Luka will take his max extension, and then demand a trade a year or so later. I hope we have the assets available for a trade when that happens.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Player empowerment era. Luka will take his max extension, and then demand a trade a year or so later. I hope we have the assets available for a trade when that happens.
                            Luka for FVV straight up. By then, Fred will be a 2-time all-star, All-Defense player, right? He's already a top 20 player in the NBA by every conceivable advanced metric... or so I'm told. Mavs analytics guy will recognize that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Luka for FVV straight up. By then, Fred will be a 2-time all-star, All-Defense player, right? He's already a top 20 player in the NBA by every conceivable advanced metric... or so I'm told. Mavs analytics guy will recognize that.
                              Luka + Trey Burke for Siakam and FVV.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It would be something like the Kawhi trade but with a lot more picks. Fred + #7 this year (whoever that becomes) and like 6 draft picks. Stars get traded for picks now.

Comment

Working...
                                X