Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Luka + Trey Burke for Siakam and FVV.
    We'd have to add at least 2-3 FRPs to that package to get Trey Burke.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      It would be something like the Kawhi trade but with a lot more picks. Fred + #7 this year (whoever that becomes) and like 6 draft picks. Stars get traded for picks now.
      That's one reason why I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get at least one FRP for trading for Norm at the deadline. It almost doesn't matter that the picks will be like 25-30 range. When a front office trades a superstar, it feels like it's just face-saving to say you got a "boatload of first-round picks", even though 90% of them will probably be garbage. Hopefully we get at least one for the Lowry S&T.... assuming he leaves.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Luka for FVV straight up. By then, Fred will be a 2-time all-star, All-Defense player, right? He's already a top 20 player in the NBA by every conceivable advanced metric... or so I'm told. Mavs analytics guy will recognize that.
        Not sure why Dallas would trade a guy who is a dominating producer and top ~10 impact player for a top ~20 impact player who doesn't produce nearly as much. But maybe you were just setting up a strawman that would be easier to hit than any actual argument.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LOL guys they aren't trading Luka.

Any package would start with literally every pick you can trade, plus an all star player (so Siakam, or OG if they really like him), plus a guy like Flynn. And taking back Porzingis.

In any case, we don't need to worry about it, there will be teams with huge stockpiles that we could never match like OKC if Luka did force his way out (he won't).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Doncic has a healthy relationship with the Mavericks organization at large. League sources say he angled to be drafted by the team in 2018, and he has been particularly complimentary of his relationship with Nowitzki, whose final season coincided with Doncic’s first. Those feelings could change if the team’s postseason struggles continue, as the Mavericks haven’t advanced past the first round since their 2011 championship run. It’s not that Doncic’s situation with the team is at a critical inflection point right now. Multiple team sources simply fear that it’s heading that direction.
            Yeah speculative at best
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              LOL guys they aren't trading Luka.

Any package would start with literally every pick you can trade, plus an all star player (so Siakam, or OG if they really like him), plus a guy like Flynn. And taking back Porzingis.

In any case, we don't need to worry about it, there will be teams with huge stockpiles that we could never match like OKC if Luka did force his way out (he won't).
              I agree I dont believe they are trading Luca.

But for some reason they do, you seem to suggest a number of Raptors players that do not include Van Vleet. Is this by purpose? And am I understanding that you consider Van Vleet as an untouchable?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I agree I dont believe they are trading Luca.

But for some reason they do, you seem to suggest a number of Raptors players that do not include Van Vleet. Is this by purpose? And am I understanding that you consider Van Vleet as an untouchable?
                Don't be ridiculous. I doubt VanVleet is of any real value to them in those trade talks. Less of a star than Siakam, not as young as OG.

I mean, if they want him, sure, throw him in there. Throw them anything, really. Literally the entire roster. But these suggestions built around like Siakam and FVV and a little more are silly. It's going to be one of Siakam/OG (possibly both) plus as many draft assets as you can put together, and you lose that bidding war by a fair distance anyway. This isn't Kawhi on an expiring deal who maybe doesn't play a game all year because he's hobbled. This is a guy who is controllable long term and is already a dominating player. We're not getting anywhere talking about which DD-level assets we can throw the Mavs way.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Don't be ridiculous. I doubt VanVleet is of any real value to them in those trade talks. Less of a star than Siakam, not as young as OG.

I mean, if they want him, sure, throw him in there. Throw them anything, really. Literally the entire roster. But these suggestions built around like Siakam and FVV and a little more are silly. It's going to be one of Siakam/OG (possibly both) plus as many draft assets as you can put together, and you lose that bidding war by a fair distance anyway. This isn't Kawhi on an expiring deal who maybe doesn't play a game all year because he's hobbled. This is a guy who is controllable long term and is already a dominating player. We're not getting anywhere talking about which DD-level assets we can throw the Mavs way.
                  I dont think I am out of bounce, I am just trying to clarify something so much thanks.

Comment

• Wow..what's this crap of Detroit Pistons trying bs leaks to pry Fred Vanvleet.
                    Hey Detroit Beat writers you ain't paid enough 2 write b#$# shit..stop, ain't happening..
                    Those are amazing trades detroit press..lol..shut up and go away..
                    Detroit Basketball...Sucks...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/06/...et-in-detroit/

https://pistonpowered.com/2021/06/14...fred-vanvleet/

Here is my retool trade…

Van Vleet/ Boucher/ 2021 FRP (no.7)

for

Hayes/ Plumlee/ Grant and their 2021 FRP (no.2)

Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Mon Jun 14, 2021, 09:43 PM. Reason: Error earlier

Comment

• From the first link

"Dwayne Casey is an elite head coach.."

Comment

• 3 votes for og for second all defensive team? Holy crap that's a joke.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                            3 votes for og for second all defensive team? Holy crap that's a joke.
                            It's good for Raptors. There are bonuses in contracts when players achieve these types of milestones. We saving money here
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

It's good for Raptors. There are bonuses in contracts when players achieve these types of milestones. We saving money here
                              Ya but he deserves better for the skill and effort put foreward.

Comment

• Meh....individual awards don't mean squat

Comment

Working...
                                X