Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Travel?

It depends when the ref determines he has ended his dribble. To me, after pausing it and watching it 10 times, it looks like a travel cause he takes three steps following what I see as the gather' but in real time it was too fast for me to tell.

Coaches always complain we miss these travel calls but the guys are so fast now (even at that high school level) that it is really tough to make travelling calls. Basically, refs are only calling it when they are sure and it creates an advantage and usually the defense has to help cause it, too.

As for 'lower levels', FIBA also has a gathering step rule that came in a few years ago, so not sure there are any differences with respect to these types of plays.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...131675648?s=21

Kings‘ Richaun Holmes sits down with @Stadium: Emerging as a starting C after being drafted behind Joel Embiid and others in Philly “These were starting centers...I feel like I’m competing against them off rip”, free agency (Hornets, Mavs expected to pursue, per sources), more.
      Shams is credible and Raps not included in the mix but Masai and company dont leak either. Holmes most likely be expensive and dont want to join the bidding war

or Raps may take the trade route or pick Mobley if available.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...131675648?s=21

Shams is credible and Raps not included in the mix but Masai and company dont leak either. Holmes most likely be expensive and dont want to join the bidding war

or Raps may take the trade route or pick Mobley if available.
        We can't say we're after any RFA until after the Lowry situation gets figured out. We'd lose all leverage since teams would just say they know we're letting him walk otherwise we wouldn't have cap space to pursue any RFA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We can't say we're after any RFA until after the Lowry situation gets figured out. We'd lose all leverage since teams would just say they know we're letting him walk otherwise we wouldn't have cap space to pursue any RFA.
          Any SnT no matter the timing means we don't use cap space. The teams we would have leverage over would be the ones that don't have cap space, or would really prefer to acquire Lowry via trade instead of signing him (like NOP). No leverage lost because we are pursuing alternatives. Heck, probably leverage gained - convince us your offer provides enough value or we'll just sign a FA instead and you lose out on Lowry or are stuck with your non-ideal path to signing him.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Any SnT no matter the timing means we don't use cap space. The teams we would have leverage over would be the ones that don't have cap space, or would really prefer to acquire Lowry via trade instead of signing him (like NOP). No leverage lost because we are pursuing alternatives. Heck, probably leverage gained - convince us your offer provides enough value or we'll just sign a FA instead and you lose out on Lowry or are stuck with your non-ideal path to signing him.
            I don't see how Raptors being super interested in Holmes couldn't be detrimental. That's basically telling Lowry adios bud, we want Holmes more than you. He could just go to the heat for a decent salary if we provoke him like that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't see how Raptors being super interested in Holmes couldn't be detrimental. That's basically telling Lowry adios bud, we want Holmes more than you. He could just go to the heat for a decent salary if we provoke him like that.
              Surely they would be open with Lowry about needing to pursue contingency plans since they don't know whether he will stay, and make it clear he is their number one priority.

Define super interested. They'll be linked in the media to all sorts of players, none of those leaks will be valid because no one has Raptors sources and they can't even talk to players yet so it would have to come from inside, and no one, especially Lowry, would take shopping around personally, considering he himself has done so every time he's hit free agency and understands better than basically anyone else in the league that it's a business.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...stbrook/581695

Spears was told by sources that the Lakers could include Dennis Schroder, Kyle Kuzma and Talen Horton-Tucker in a potential trade for Westbrook.
                Could this be a similar package for Kyle Lowry if they decide to go the GROAT route?

Comment

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...stbrook/581695

Could this be a similar package for Kyle Lowry if they decide to go the GROAT route?
                  If they end up using the Raps to facilitate a S&T, I doubt we get much in return. I feel like KLow is criminally underrated player around the league whereas Russ is a flashy name that will command a big return. Even though Kyle will help your team win more (Insane hustle, makes players around him better, taking the charges and being generally unselfish), as I feel Westbrook needs the ball in his hands at all times and can actually hurt your teams flow due to ego and the need to stuff stats.

Comment

• I'm just trying to imagine a team with Davis, LeBron, and Westbrook (or DeRozan / Lowry) all trying to exist in harmony - there's still only one ball

Comment

It could be but I think the Raptors would prefer cap room over that offer.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It could be but I think the Raptors would prefer cap room over that offer.
                        By the way, I am sure you already read that Lakers extended Q.O. to THT for $1.9M.

Likely Los Angeles setting up the table to include him in a S/T acquisition of whoever that is?

Comment

By the way, I am sure you already read that Lakers extended Q.O. to THT for $1.9M.

Likely Los Angeles setting up the table to include him in a S/T acquisition of whoever that is?
                          The Lakers extending a QO to an RFA of theirs is not a news story. It's what happens with every single RFA. It's how you make a player an RFA if they are eligible. If you don't, they are UFA.

It means nothing except that they want him to be restricted. Which, I mean, of course they do. Whether they just want to keep him or trade him.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Lakers extending a QO to an RFA of theirs is not a news story. It's what happens with every single RFA. It's how you make a player an RFA if they are eligible. If you don't, they are UFA.

It means nothing except that they want him to be restricted. Which, I mean, of course they do. Whether they just want to keep him or trade him.
                            The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

You have to educate the less educated like me in this kind of stuff…

if they did not extend his Q.O., he becomes a UFA. But by extending his Q.O., he became a RFA subsequently retained his bird rights.

Not extending him and him becoming a UFA, obviously Lakers may not be able to include him in a trade. He is a young valuable piece that an opposing team would want to make a trade, no?

Comment

That trade sucks and is a dogshit return for Westbrook. It would be the same for Lowry, shit return.

Comment

You have to educate the less educated like me in this kind of stuff…

if they did not extend his Q.O., he becomes a UFA. But by extending his Q.O., he became a RFA subsequently retained his bird rights.

Not extending him and him becoming a UFA, obviously Lakers may not be able to include him in a trade. He is a young valuable piece that an opposing team would want to make a trade, no?
                                Actually, they can retain his Early Bird (they don't have his Full Bird) Rights whether they submit the QO or not. It's their right to match any offer that they lose by not making him an RFA.

If he becomes UFA, they likely can't keep him or trade him, he just signs somewhere else. So no matter their intentions with him, this is what they would do, extend the QO and make him an RFA.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X