Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine a team with Davis, LeBron, and Westbrook (or DeRozan / Lowry) all trying to exist in harmony - there's still only one ball
    I used to be on that train but after seeing the Heatles adapt and seeing the new Nets fly on all cylinders when they were healthy....teams just figure it out

Comment

• The best verison of that Lakers team is just Lowry added to lebron and AD. I can see Lowry maybe wants to go somewhere with demar this season and is angling to be a package deal for the lakers. But Demar, just doesnt make sense. If he was willing to accept a bench scorer lou williams type role i guess, But Demar is still to good a player to be a lou williams type.
      Id like to see him on a young team as the leader/ clutch time scorer on a team like the magic or hornets
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        The best verison of that Lakers team is just Lowry added to lebron and AD. I can see Lowry maybe wants to go somewhere with demar this season and is angling to be a package deal for the lakers. But Demar, just doesnt make sense. If he was willing to accept a bench scorer lou williams type role i guess, But Demar is still to good a player to be a lou williams type.
        Id like to see him on a young team as the leader/ clutch time scorer on a team like the magic or hornets
        I disagree... Kyle, Demar, Lebron, AD... that's a team that competes for a chip, imo. Lakers had trouble scoring outside of their top two. Demar solves all of that instantly and hopefully his game has evolved enough that he could manage to not submarine the rest of that stacked lineup. I'd find it hard not to watch a starting lineup with those 4, that'd make for some pretty entertaining bball.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I disagree... Kyle, Demar, Lebron, AD... that's a team that competes for a chip, imo. Lakers had trouble scoring outside of their top two. Demar solves all of that instantly and hopefully his game has evolved enough that he could manage to not submarine the rest of that stacked lineup. I'd find it hard not to watch a starting lineup with those 4, that'd make for some pretty entertaining bball.
          I just dont see how Demar get the ball in his hands in spots where he is most effective when Lebron intiates alot of the offense, AD needs his post ups and Kyle/Lebron running the PNR with AD. Demar would be demoted to an off ball catch and shoot guy. But instead of being in the corner he would be catching for mid rangers from the nail?
          I just dont think his style could mesh with the other 3 or he would be vastly under used
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• NBA draft combine coverage caught a video shot of a lengthy and seem animated conversation between Rob Pelinka and Morey

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I just dont see how Demar get the ball in his hands in spots where he is most effective when Lebron intiates alot of the offense, AD needs his post ups and Kyle/Lebron running the PNR with AD. Demar would be demoted to an off ball catch and shoot guy. But instead of being in the corner he would be catching for mid rangers from the nail?
              I just dont think his style could mesh with the other 3 or he would be vastly under used
              Maybe Demar can prove of us wrong, but his style of play and struggle shooting the 3 forces him to have the ball in his hands, tough to do that playing with Lebron, Lowry and AD.

Comment

• I can actually see DeMar and Kyle teaming up again. If the Pelicans want to sign DeMar and Kyle they probably make it work.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  I can actually see DeMar and Kyle teaming up again. If the Pelicans want to sign DeMar and Kyle they probably make it work.
                  They would instantly become Canada's second favorite team in the NBA.

Comment

• Good thing they traded for JV. Yikes

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Good thing they traded for JV. Yikes
                      Wtf I've been so busy lately I didn't even know he got traded until you said that
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I can actually see DeMar and Kyle teaming up again. If the Pelicans want to sign DeMar and Kyle they probably make it work.
                        As fun as that would be, it would also be a little heartbreaking... Watching the Kyle/Demar pair lose to LeBron's Lakers in the playoffs before riding off into the sunset together just feels a bit too much like a tragedy to me.

Jokes aside (well, kind of a joke, but I could easily see that hypothetical coming to fruition), I would love to see the two paired up again to end their careers. Their friendship is bigger than basketball, and it's a great storyline. Love those guys.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post

As fun as that would be, it would also be a little heartbreaking... Watching the Kyle/Demar pair lose to LeBron's Lakers in the playoffs before riding off into the sunset together just feels a bit too much like a tragedy to me.

Jokes aside (well, kind of a joke, but I could easily see that hypothetical coming to fruition), I would love to see the two paired up again to end their careers. Their friendship is bigger than basketball, and it's a great storyline. Love those guys.
                          That sounds like a movie plot... two rivals having to team up to take down a bigger rival and finally wining... lol

Comment

• Things are happening. Is Kuzma going to the kings for Buddy or in a package for Russ? I guess the Lakers will do whatever they want as people abide

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I dont think the Wizards are building around Westbrook going forward
                              The Lakers and Wizards are discussing a trade that would send Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope for Westbrook, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The Lakers' No. 22 pick in the Draft could be in play, too.
                              yup Wiz not building around Westbrook by taking “shit” from LA according to a RR poster
                              Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Jul 29, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• This eliminates one of Lowry’s potential destination

Comment

Working...
                                X