• Show
Clear All

• SI Top 100 for 2015- JV, Amir, DD & Lowry all make the list

SI came out with the Top 100 players for 2015
    JV- #80
    Amir- #71
    Derozan- #61
    Lowry- #30

ranking justified? Lowry got the respect he's earned but Derozan at #61!?
    http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-n...yers-2015-list

I think the reason why DD gets so much 'hate' is because he's had a sub par career prior to last year. He was basically average and below average on defense. He was a hard worker but it never showed. Last season he proved people wrong but I suspect most pundits are going to want to see whether that is sustainable.

I don't suspect DD will take a step back in his production.. and playing in the World Cup with the US squad has to help. If Toronto keeps its winning ways, DD is going to get recognized. But right now I could see why guys like Joe Johnson or Klay Thompson are ranked higher then him.

Comment

Well these lists are just for fun. It's best not to get critical of where they're placing guys.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I think the reason why DD gets so much 'hate' is because he's had a sub par career prior to last year. He was basically average and below average on defense. He was a hard worker but it never showed. Last season he proved people wrong but I suspect most pundits are going to want to see whether that is sustainable.

I don't suspect DD will take a step back in his production.. and playing in the World Cup with the US squad has to help. If Toronto keeps its winning ways, DD is going to get recognized. But right now I could see why guys like Joe Johnson or Klay Thompson are ranked higher then him.

I agree. Derozan really stepped up his game last season, and other than the flashes of brilliance he showed at times during the first 4 years of his career,he brought consistency to the table in his 5th.

Now, its all about sustainability. Can he have another year of 23,4 and 4? Can he step up defensively, and improve his long range shot? Can he once again shine for the Raptors has their primary scorer?

This year is as important as any other year has been for Derozan;he has to prove to the world that his all star season was no fluke. Having another all star season would definitely change the public perception of Derozan into that of a great player.

As a Raptors fan, I would love to see Derozan step up on the defensive end and play less minutes. Theoretically, fewer minutes would allow for him to focus more on the defensive end whilst also making him a more efficient offensive player.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

The projection of DD at 61 is a firer able offense, I have no clue how with the stats the writer wrote he could place DD at 61. I have no doubt in my mind that he was laughing when he did placed him there.

Comment

@DeMar_DeRozan: Real disrespectful! #ProveEm

Dd not happy. Good for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ryan Anderson is better than DD? Nah.. no way.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                @DeMar_DeRozan: Real disrespectful! #ProveEm

Dd not happy. Good for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                DD has a good chance of making the all-star game again, and if we can get to the second round he'll get the respect.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

DeRozan at 61 is pretty disrespectful specially if you look at some of the players that are ranked ahead of him on that list.

Parsons is not a better player than DeRozan, i don't care what anybody say. Ryan Anderson(lol) certainly is not a better player than DD. Gordon Hayward? please. Josh Smith? Roy Hibbert? Paul Pierce? Tyson Chandler? Brook Lopez? LOL. Andre Drummond #37? are you kidding me? i can go on and on.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I hope DeMar comes into pre season ready to murder all his opponents and critics. (Figuratively, obviously lol)
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

DeMar at 61 is beyond ridiculous. Name 60 better players then him right now!
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        I hope DeMar comes into pre season ready to murder all his opponents and critics. (Figuratively, obviously lol)
                        Maybe he could hire Hands Bro and Steamer and we could have a little literal as well.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          DeMar at 61 is beyond ridiculous. Name 60 better players then him right now!
                          Apparently Gordon Hayward ... Barf.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            Maybe he could hire Hands Bro and Steamer and we could have a little literal as well.
                            Yes please
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'm excited that 4 of the Raps made the list. The low rank for DD is a bonus (if you think the underdog mentality of this team is a real thing)

Comment

Working...
                              X