Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry,Wall,Rose or Irving POLL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    does anyone here believe Irving was part of the chemistry problems Cleveland had last season?
    I'm pretty sure it was all Dion Waiters. Which, with Lebron there, shouldn't be a problem anymore.

    Comment


    • #32
      Joey wrote: View Post
      I'm pretty sure it was all Dion Waiters. Which, with Lebron there, shouldn't be a problem anymore.
      thanks

      Comment


      • #33
        I voted Irving because I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think most of his "attitude problems" might not exist if he'd been drafted to a slightly better franchise.

        And because I don't really like Wall for some reason.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

        -Superjudge, 7/23

        Hope you're wrong.

        Comment


        • #34
          Nice feature on Kyle Lowry in Grantland:

          http://grantland.com/features/kyle-l...ozan-rudy-gay/

          Comment


          • #35
            When healthy and the game on the line, I want Rose. Yes, folks. The former MVP is coming back to haunt people this year.

            I think that Wall is a close 2nd though. He has emerged as a star in this league.

            Lowry has shown to be the most well-rounded PG of the group. His game is great for this team. However, I'd rather have Demar take the last shot instead of him.

            Irving is way over-hyped. I'd take Damon Lilliard, Stephen Curry, Rajon Rondo and Ty Lawson over him anyday. Irving will continue to be overhyped cuz "LeBron Factor" and the fact he's no longer the star of his team.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

            Comment


            • #36
              Joey wrote: View Post
              I'm pretty sure it was all Dion Waiters. Which, with Lebron there, shouldn't be a problem anymore.
              Andrew Bynum played a huge part in their early season dysfunction. Remember that he was openly sabotaging practices before they were basically forced to waive him. Mike Brown did a poor job running the team. Waiters played a part too, and so did Kyrie.

              I wasn't trying to absolve Irving from any blame earlier. As a guy who just signed the max and a number one overall "franchise" player, he deserves his fair share of the backlash for their struggles. I just think it's important to keep things in perspective and hold all these players to the same standards.

              For all the talk about Kyrie not leading his team to any success, remember that Wall won 23, 20 and 29 games respectively during his first three years. For all the talk about Kyrie's deficiencies on the maturity side, remember that Lowry threw punches with teammates during practice in Memphis, clashed with McHale in Houston and got himself traded, and then clashed with Casey last season and lost his starting gig to Calderon. And he was 27, not 21 like Irving was last year.
              Last edited by Fully; Tue Sep 23, 2014, 09:22 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                rightsideup wrote: View Post
                does anyone here believe Irving was part of the chemistry problems Cleveland had last season?
                On court chemistry problems, absolutely. The Cavs with Delle in the starting lineup vs Kyrie was massive more successful. Let me put it this way, Irving was a -220 on the season, Waiters was a -55, and Dellevadova was +75. Let that sink in. Plus minus is not a super accurate stat, but to have a 295 point spread between your two time all-star, and a Aussie who is supposed to be not really all that athletic, is pretty telling.

                I think Irving is a scrub team player, and who, by the numbers, was the WORST defender in the league at his position (correct me if I'm wrong, may be of just the starters)

                Off-court don't know.

                Joey wrote: View Post
                I'm pretty sure it was all Dion Waiters. Which, with Lebron there, shouldn't be a problem anymore.
                I really don't know how much drama is just Waiters, or just the team being frustrated with losing and Waiters being vocal. Losing is hard

                Comment


                • #38
                  Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  When healthy and the game on the line, I want Rose. Yes, folks. The former MVP is coming back to haunt people this year.

                  I think that Wall is a close 2nd though. He has emerged as a star in this league.

                  Lowry has shown to be the most well-rounded PG of the group. His game is great for this team. However, I'd rather have Demar take the last shot instead of him.

                  Irving is way over-hyped. I'd take Damon Lilliard, Stephen Curry, Rajon Rondo and Ty Lawson over him anyday. Irving will continue to be overhyped cuz "LeBron Factor" and the fact he's no longer the star of his team.
                  Lowry throws daggers into the hearts of opposing teams in the form of YOLO 3's. I take Lowry right now. In 2 years I'd probably go with Wall.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Joey wrote: View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it was all Dion Waiters. Which, with Lebron there, shouldn't be a problem anymore.
                    There was a report that Irving was taken to task for being a ballhog in a players-only meeting. Thompson backed him up but it was a divided locker room. Some of the things he's said make me question his attitude, but we'll see if that changes now that the Cavs are a winner.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      For the next two seasons I take Lowry. I think his leadership, defense, and intangibles are often overlooked. The guy is a winner.

                      After that, I think Wall's upside might coincide with Lowry's possible downside, so I take Wall.

                      Irving is third only because I have zero faith in Rose being able to return to MVP form. Everything WMCJ said about Irving is on point.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I'm taking Wall before anyone else but as for Irving I just can't stand him really he's at the top of my most hated players list. He truly thinks he's a star player in the NBA which he's not even close putting up stats on terrible teams doesn't mean your good just look at MCW he's not good either but he won ROY because he played on the 76ers. Irving making the all star team was because of his uncle drew commercials in the U.S which made him a known player to the causal fan. I'm sure if you gave Dion waiters the same amount of shots and playing time as Irving he would put up better or similar stats. Irving is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen and he's accomplished nothing to get these accolades other then playing in glorified pickup games which he excels at with his flashy style of play.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          From a talent point of view I'd have to go with Wall first, Irving second, Lowry third and Rose last (and that's because he showed me from FIBA that he doesn't have it anymore).

                          But this isn't so straightforward because Lowry is the leader of the Raptors.. trading him for anyone could create enough of a seismic shift in chemistry that it starts becoming a bad trade.. even with the skillset that Wall or Irving have, they don't bring enough to the table to offset what Lowry did for the Raptors last year.

                          Therefore I'd have to choose him as the ideal PG for the Raptors at this time. Although I do think that having Wall would make it easier for Durant to come to Toronto then Lowry as "stars" attract stars. But Wall is making the max and Lowry's not and there is no given that Durant leaves OKC. So I've chosen Lowry.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X