Wall
    40.54%
    Rose
    16.22%
    Irving
    18.92%
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

John Wall. Once he finds his groove there could be no stopping him. In terms of "Pure Point", John Wall is the man of those 4.

Comment

Though, should likely have Lillard as well in there?

Comment

Right now I'd want Lowry, but over the next 3-5 years I want Wall.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
          Though, should likely have Lillard as well in there?
          I tired to make it the top 4 teams in the east

Tor,Cavs,Bulls and Wiz

I think i should have added Kemba on that list too
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Rose is a former MVP, and when healthy is as good as they come.
            Wall showed great improvement as a 3 point shooter and team leader last year, just turned 24
            Lowry is a gamer, but has his limitations.
            Irving is where Wall was after 3 years, this will be the season where he shows what his future holds.

To pick one I may have to go with Wall going forward, best combination of offense/defense, age, and size.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

John Wall

Lowry

Irving

Rose
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I gotta ask - are we picking who we would take for just the upcoming season or do we get them beyond that too? I'm basically wondering if age and untapped potential should factor in the decision.

Comment

john wall. and i'll brag a bit from a couple years ago when we asked who would be the top 5 pgs in the future i had wall up there. although i also added rubio

wall is sick

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    john wall. and i'll brag a bit from a couple years ago when we asked who would be the top 5 pgs in the future i had wall up there. although i also added rubio

wall is sick
                    Ya I've never wavered on Wall. Always been a big fan of his passing game. I'd say his vision is just as good as Rubio.

Comment

I like Wall in that list, but only long-term. The development of his mental game has been fairly slow, but he's so talented and seems to have a good attitude.

If Rose never had injury issues, I think it'd be him hands down.

I don't like Irving. He still hasn't shown signs of "getting it". I think I may have put him in my top 5 future PGs by default because of talent....but man he'd be one of the last starting PGs in the league I'd pick to run my team.

Lowry is in his prime right now, and if he keeps up what he did last year, is playing at an all-star level arguably as good/better than the others. But considering his age and the fact that his natural talent level is not as high as the other guys, his window is very obviously the shortest. Still, if the other guys had Lowry's mentality (except maybe Rose, he's got a solid mental makeup), they'd be truly scary.

Comment

I am going against the grain here and pick Irving much more cerebral than wall or Rose who is a modern day penny hardaway with his prime behind him. Look at his percentage in Fiba and how poorly he played last year. Second on the list is Kyle.

Comment

I'll be the homer and pick Lowry.

There are two guys on that list that have the mental makeup I'd want in my point guard and that's Lowry and Rose. With Rose's injuries, I think Lowry is the safer bet.

I'm answering based on this season. Three years from now, Irving or Wall could prove to be as mentally tough as Lowry, but until they do I will cast my vote for the hometown boy.

Comment

If we're just picking a PG to play one game for us at this very moment, I could probably be talked into Lowry. If we're picking someone to lead the team for the long term though, I'd probably take him fourth. He's the most well rounded of the group for now, but he's also the one closest to the decline of his career.

For everyone crapping on Irving for "not getting it" or whatever, you need to remember that he's only 22, and has played in a pretty miserable situation for the last three years. Don't forget that Lowry himself had the malcontent/immature baggage attached to him up until basically last year, and he was 27 before he seemingly figured it out. And for all the backlash he receives, he's already a 2x all-star, an all-star MVP, and is coming off a gold medal and an MVP award at the FIBA world cup. You can't say he hasn't produced individually. Irving has a great opportunity to shed any of the negative labels he may have picked up this year, and I'm expecting him to shine on a team that will flirt with 60 wins.

Rose is the biggest wildcard. He could be the best player from that group next year or he could be fourth by a healthy margin as well. All bets are off with that guy until I actually see him prove that he's capable of staying healthy.

Wall might be the safest bet if we're talking about the next 5 years, but doesn't have quite the upside that Irving/Rose do. Still, he'll be in the top 5 point guard conversation for a long time, and he's already shown that he can lead a squad to success as a relatively young player.
                            Last edited by Fully; Mon Sep 22, 2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

If the title of the poll was 'who fits best in tandem with Demar Derozan at SG' I would honestly say Lowry, but ...

Rose in his MVP year was everything you want, I'd take him and believe in his recovery.

If he's still not back to form, i'd take Wall second.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                              X