No announcement yet.

NBA League Pass Blackouts: Raptors Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to help my neighbours sign up for basketball for their kids, since they don't have cable. They stream netflix through the xbox.

Would it be easier/better for them to get League Pass through a VPN (so they can get Raps games), or ballstreams? Can you run ballstreams through an xbox?

Comment

For jailbroken iDevices, you can get league pass for free AND you can watch all black games including blackouts and playoffs etc. without using a vpn.

I've been watching games on my iPad for free all last season and it was great.

Comment

Please forgive me for any repeat questions, I want to make sure I understand what m options are. I have apple TV at home and they just made NBA League pass available. Am I right in thinking that all the Raptors games will be blacked out during the live feed? Also, I wont get the live Christmas games or any National feeds?
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          Please forgive me for any repeat questions, I want to make sure I understand what m options are. I have apple TV at home and they just made NBA League pass available. Am I right in thinking that all the Raptors games will be blacked out during the live feed? Also, I wont get the live Christmas games or any National feeds?
          You are correct unless you go through a VPN such as UnoTelly and get the international package. Be sure to set your Apple TV to somewhere outside North America and set the DNS as that same country.

Comment

I got a BallStreams account a month or so back and am pretty impressed. Android has an app that I use, not a great one but works okay for me. So I'm able to stream games on my tablet. They seem to have a variety of different mechanisms to allow you to watch/stream games. Their website has way more information of what is and isn't supported.

It appears to be more affordable than LP. No blackouts and you don't need a VPN.

The down-side is that it may not be 100% legit. It's a feed coming out of the Netherlands who do things because they can not because they are technically allowed. I'm hoping they don't cancel my account due to someone suing them. If concerned they have 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year subscriptions. Choose a shorter subscription and then renew if you are happy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I got a BallStreams account a month or so back and am pretty impressed. Android has an app that I use, not a great one but works okay for me. So I'm able to stream games on my tablet. They seem to have a variety of different mechanisms to allow you to watch/stream games. Their website has way more information of what is and isn't supported.

It appears to be more affordable than LP. No blackouts and you don't need a VPN.

The down-side is that it may not be 100% legit. It's a feed coming out of the Netherlands who do things because they can not because they are technically allowed. I'm hoping they don't cancel my account due to someone suing them. If concerned they have 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year subscriptions. Choose a shorter subscription and then renew if you are happy.
              Bold. So wrong. NBA have nothing against ball streams in courts, but it's just a matter of time until clients of ball streams will be targeted. Same thing happened with numerous other websites. ISPs love to help.

If you use ballstreams, spend few bucks on quality and trusted VPN service. Of course, if you don't give a shit, you can use ballstreams without vpn. Consequences ain't so huge anyway.
              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Oct 27, 2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Bold. So wrong. NBA have nothing against ball streams in courts, but it's just a matter of time until clients of ball streams will be targeted. Same thing happened with numerous other websites. ISPs love to help.

If you use ballstreams, spend few bucks on quality and trusted VPN service. Of course, if you don't give a shit, you can use ballstreams without vpn. Consequences ain't so huge anyway.
                theres no reason why clients would ever be targeted for using ballstreams. theres a billion streaming sites out there for all sorts of things and unless that specific site is shut down, its not going to be client-side blocked unless you live in china or something.

Comment

Technically you should be using a VPN for everything. It's better to be secure then not secure. Downloading pictures off the web is a form of piracy too.. one day the photographer may want to know who's been downloading their pictures without consent and could be going after your ISP to get that information. My point was that a VPN is not needed. Ie, you can watch all games without blackouts.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    theres no reason why clients would ever be targeted for using ballstreams. theres a billion streaming sites out there for all sorts of things and unless that specific site is shut down, its not going to be client-side blocked unless you live in china or something.
                    Oh believe me there are reasons Especially after new tv deal

There's also a difference between free streaming site vs paid streaming site with hundreds of customers.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Oct 27, 2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      NBA League Pass has a free trial period for the first week of the season (details on website). You could check it out for a few days and cancel at no cost.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Oh believe me there are reasons Especially after new tv deal

There's also a difference between free streaming site vs paid streaming site with hundreds of customers.
                        i would hope they'd have a lot more than hundreds of customers for ballstreams or else no way the NBA would give a shit. at last statistical count, theres over 7 million jailbroken iphones that can get completely free league pass access without blackouts. that alone is a much bigger fish to fry than ballstreams.

if the NBA did care, they'd shut down the site, not try and block individual streams which would be wholly ineffective and also illegal to even do in canada and the US. the RIAA tried to shut down mp3 sites by tracking down individual downloaders and that pretty much did absolutely nothing.

Comment

I've been using NBA League Pass Broadband with Strong VPN since the middle of last season. It takes care of those pesky blackouts but I may just check out BallStreams this year.

Comment

Any tips for me, fellas?

My neighbours are going to use their Xbox to stream. How do I use a VPN to get them Raptors games?

edit:

here's what I'm thinking. Use UnoTelly as a VPN for the Xbox. Sign up to International League Pass on the Xbox.

Is that all that needs to be done?

Also, will this screw up their Netflix Canada subscription?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Scraptor; Wed Oct 29, 2014, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Any tips for me, fellas?

My neighbours are going to use their Xbox to stream. How do I use a VPN to get them Raptors games?

edit:

here's what I'm thinking. Use UnoTelly as a VPN for the Xbox. Sign up to International League Pass on the Xbox.

Is that all that needs to be done?

Also, will this screw up their Netflix Canada subscription?

Thanks!
                              If anything, I think Unotelly should remove restrictions placed on Netflix

Comment

Get your shit together, League Pass. Way too many tech. difficulties

Comment

Working...
                                X