Game #5 Toronto Bay Raptors @ New Orleans Pelicans . 7:30 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Stan Van Grundy will give New Orleans 10 more wins this season and playoff fodder ticket lol but that is a good R.O.I for their ownership
    Ingram looking like he can actually close games. Last year they lost so many games late.

Idk man, we just dont have any juice right now. Boucher is the only guy off the bench giving us anything, Siakam is in another world and Baynes is ... wow. OG, Fred and Lowry are giving their best, they just arent enough against most teams.

Its not going to get much better without Siakam figuring it out, but at least play Thomas Stanleys minutes - hes just a lot better.

Comment

• They still need late game execution, and that won't change overnight. Going to be experience building for Siakam/Fred/OG/Norm. They weren't depended on nightly for this before, they got to chip in as opportunities came up and it was all great.

The roster has lost a lot of depth and you can tell. They used to be able to absorb 1 or 2 off nights so easily, any number of guys could step up and go for 20 on a given night. That's not the case anymore.

Since the core faces are so familiar, we may have underestimated how much of a reset this team is actually going through. Siakam was stepping into a new role last year already but now Fred/OG/Norm are being depended on at a new level and so many vets are gone. This is pretty close to a rebuild, inexperienced players need reps and we're watching the growing pains.

Siakam is just shook in the covid environment, I don't know what else to say about that. A year ago, without Kawhi on this team, pre-covid, Siakam was dropping 44 on the Pelicans. Now he can't even stay on the floor for 30 minutes. He needs time to sort it out, he's been great for this team and his development has been amazing and it's a bit disappointing how quick some of the fanbase turns on him.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

You realize it's early..right, give it time, of course there not playing good, they definitely need a wake up call,something like trade would be nice..just 2 say 2 the veterans we got your back. We lost couple good Veteran Championship Centers..
        I mean, it's not like they're losing to the Nets or the Lakers or the Bucks....you know elite teams. They're losing to average teams. If the Knicks didn't shoot 3/36 from 3 the other night, the Knicks probably would've won that game.

The Raptors haven't really played a great team yet lol. This team is just flat out bad. Changes need to happen.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jeremy Lin has never recaptured his Linsanity days. He just became a role player. Can Siakam recapture his Linsanity days?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I forgot to add: DeMar got a lot of heat around here after a bad playoff game. One thing about him, he ALWAYS bounced back with a huge game after a bad game. Siakam had 7 straight bad games against Boston. SEVEN. The Raptors benched him the other night and tonight he was a no show.I mean, the guy has zero fire in him. Like I said last year: he's just happy to be a role player.
              He doesn’t have one-tenth of the handles that DeMar had/has. He doesn’t have the tools to respond. Just like you say you only expect 10-12ppg from OG, because that’s who he is, I don’t know why people expected Pascal to become a number one option, just because Kawhi left and that spot was open. He was never that kind of scorer. He thrived in transition and opportunistic garbage baskets playing off better players. I mean, did Cedi Osman become Lebron when he left the Cavs?

Pascal not being able to handle a #1 scoring option role does not surprise me in the least. The fact that we gave him a max contract is the real issue here.

Comment

I mean, it's not like they're losing to the Nets or the Lakers or the Bucks....you know elite teams. They're losing to average teams. If the Knicks didn't shoot 3/36 from 3 the other night, the Knicks probably would've won that game.

The Raptors haven't really played a great team yet lol. This team is just flat out bad. Changes need to happen.
                So let's hold off till they play more games..yes I'm pi@@ed off 2..you are right they haven't been great,definitely not happy how there playing, but everyone gotta pull there weight and start playing together..absolutely Siakim,gotta do more,OG gotta do more,Freddy gotta do more,bench gotta do more..as for Lowry not touching him..that guy plays hard every game,they should be lucky they have him,bc if they didn't than I would say..yup..LOTTERY TEAM.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Ingram looking like he can actually close games. Last year they lost so many games late.

Idk man, we just dont have any juice right now. Boucher is the only guy off the bench giving us anything, Siakam is in another world and Baynes is ... wow. OG, Fred and Lowry are giving their best, they just arent enough against most teams.

Its not going to get much better without Siakam figuring it out, but at least play Thomas Stanleys minutes - hes just a lot better.
                  Big loss without the vocal leadership of the vets: Marc and Serge for him personally

Comment

Jeremy Lin has never recaptured his Linsanity days. He just became a role player. Can Siakam recapture his Linsanity days?
                    Yes, if we bring back Kawhi.

Comment

Big loss without the vocal leadership of the vets: Marc and Serge for him personally
                      Yeah, our young core doesn’t look ready to take on the veteran leadership roles.

Comment

• Man Siakam looks like Chit
                        I mean physically, his hair looks dried out, his face looks sunken.
                        I recommend a day at the spa and the buffet....

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

You can be such a good fan but you fall over like a house of cards when the going gets tough.

much love but yeesh
                          Thinking the team would be better off rebuilding doesn't make someone a lesser fan. Just a difference of opinion about what is better for the team beyond this season (and perhaps even during this season).

Comment

• Ingram and Zion combined for 52 points...that is a solid 1-2 punch

Comment

Ingram and Zion combined for 52 points...that is a solid 1-2 punch
                              I'm glad they're out West. That's a young team that could be better than the Raps soon enough (maybe now)

Comment

Ingram and Zion combined for 52 points...that is a solid 1-2 punch
                                The Pelicans are getting there. That's a pretty well built roster now. Ingram has taken a step for sure (as of last year, really).
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X