Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Sucky loss again. Good for them in fighting back and taking over the lead with about a minute left. Felt they just needed one score to put it to bed.. but then they just kept doing dumb sh!t.

There is something mentally off with this team.. and it starts early even though they take the lead early. Can blame the refs, and they called everything.. but the way the Raps play defense it's easy to call fouls on them.

I think the Raps will figure it out and go on a nice little streak. But a few players need to play better.. it's not just on Siakam.

Few positives: Raps got into the paint quite a bit and got awarded with a lot of trips to the line themselves. That was nice. Fred had his best game of the season. Boucher has been a revelation this year too. And we don't have to play the Pelicans anymore

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Aight. Out of respect I'll cut down on bullshit
    You do you brother. -- all respect.

I'm just saying, lol... I can recall literally dozens of times in-game when we get down and you're like, WE DONE. And so, so many of those times, they came storming right back, as is so often the case in basketball. I'm not even saying you're wrong for wanting to tank, (though I certainly don't.) I'm just noting how you, who makes pretty easily the best game threads this site has ever seen, (the jazz albums reign supreme,) exhibiting such great fandom, are also perhaps the top panicker here. lol

The rollercoaster of Raptor fandom.

I've been on the ride for a long time, as so many of us here have. Myself, I'm not ready to write my guys, these Raptors, off yet.

That said... they don't exactly look they're championship contenders at present, to put it mildly.

Hopefully they can tighten some stuff up here and put some w's together ... tough couple games ahead.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I put some of this loss on Nurse. He needed to get Thomas out there to spread the floor. NO just collapsed in on the paint every time we tried to drive leading to a lot of those turnovers. Our guards can't finish over that much size and length.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    https://youtu.be/hvpBXyl7Zfw

He likes the roar of the crowd.
    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Jan 3, 2021, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    This was the Siakam we all knew...

https://youtu.be/hfY0dsxusi0

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Look, before we freak out too much though, the top 4 in the East right now is Sixers/Magic/Pacers/Cavs. If the playoffs started today, the Bucks/Heat/Raptors would all not be participating.

It's still early and it's still a weird year. Looks like this will be more like the bubble than pre-bubble.
    The Nuggets are also surprisingly 1-4, the team that went to the Western Conference Finals last season. While the Raptors have been inconsistent, I'll wait for at least a quarter of the season before I make any conclusion.

A lot of the Raptors inconsistencies falls on Siakam. He plays well, the team will do a lot better. Pre-bubble Siakam is in there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

So let's hold off till they play more games..yes I'm pi@@ed off 2..you are right they haven't been great,definitely not happy how there playing, but everyone gotta pull there weight and start playing together..absolutely Siakim,gotta do more,OG gotta do more,Freddy gotta do more,bench gotta do more..as for Lowry not touching him..that guy plays hard every game,they should be lucky they have him,bc if they didn't than I would say..yup..LOTTERY TEAM.
    Lowry has been great all 5 games. OG has been rock solid ALL 5 games(still not sure what people expect from him). FVV had 3 great games and 2 stinkers. They're getting consistent solid production from Boucher. Powell is now starting to come around. And yet they're still 1-4. All 4 losses against average teams. Do they have another level they can go to? I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, our young core doesn’t look ready to take on the veteran leadership roles.
    As much as we lump everyone together, its all Siakam. Like if he picks uo his game everything else falls into place. He didnt get points, but the second quarter he was legit good, getting into the defense and finding cutters for open looks. You saw some good footwork, handles, etc. attacking off the bounce - and we went on a huge run. Its on him to figure his stuff out.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    This hurts a bit ngl

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Hate this moratorium period for a team to wait until they are able to trade their newly signed Free Agent...

Bad Timing can sometimes change the luck of a team to get better.

After everything that happened this off season...

Pascal is the collateral damage after Masai missing on Giannis....when it is all said and done.

YIKES.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Look, before we freak out too much though, the top 4 in the East right now is Sixers/Magic/Pacers/Cavs. If the playoffs started today, the Bucks/Heat/Raptors would all not be participating.

It's still early and it's still a weird year. Looks like this will be more like the bubble than pre-bubble.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Ingram and Zion combined for 52 points...that is a solid 1-2 punch
    The Pelicans are getting there. That's a pretty well built roster now. Ingram has taken a step for sure (as of last year, really).

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    I'm glad they're out West. That's a young team that could be better than the Raps soon enough (maybe now)

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X