Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #6 Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors. Monday, January 4, 2021, 7:30 PM, Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

So what about Gay? Bargnani? they were big names at that time. Greivis wasn't a big name like those 2 but he was also a failure.

I think Masai was already the GM when they waived Kleiza - another failure.

What's the difference between 2013 Rudy Gay and current version of Siakam?

Bottomline - they need to get rid of the guy. They're not getting Harden for him(i'm just being realistic). I'm thinking a first round pick or a good young player.
    lol just here for this dudes hilariously bad takes.

Comment

So what about Gay? Bargnani? they were big names at that time. Greivis wasn't a big name like those 2 but he was also a failure.

I think Masai was already the GM when they waived Kleiza - another failure.

What's the difference between 2013 Rudy Gay and current version of Siakam?

Bottomline - they need to get rid of the guy. They're not getting Harden for him(i'm just being realistic). I'm thinking a first round pick or a good young player.
      Rudy Gay was never Masai's guy. Rudy was getting close to end of his contract. Siakam is in first year of his. Siakam is like in his 5th year and Gay was in his 8th.

Kleiza, Bargnani, Greivis...Why not mention: Biyombo, Lou Williams, CoJo, Patterson, Amir. I mean list is long for role players.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Rudy Gay was never Masai's guy. Rudy was getting close to end of his contract. Siakam is in first year of his. Siakam is like in his 5th year and Gay was in his 8th.

Kleiza, Bargnani, Greivis...Why not mention: Biyombo, Lou Williams, CoJo, Patterson, Amir. I mean list is long for role players.
        I mean, what's the difference between Siakam and those players? he's just a role player like those guys. He's just another Rudy Gay.

Take out his stats from his Linsanity days(Oct-Dec 2019) - which was over a year ago btw. Look at his stats from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021(including the playoffs). He's just a role player who's getting paid like he's Kawhi Leonard.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I mean Kyle had months when he was shooting around 30% from the field. Let's be honest.

Yeah but DeRozan got traded for Kawhi. And after giving a team multiple tries. So unless Harden is going our way Siakam is not getting traded.
          The good old days when fans wanted him traded. Even wanted to throw him in the Gasol trade for Conley.

Comment

All media reports indicated Colangelo was on the verge of signing Gay to a max extension and trying to sell him to the fanbase as the new saviour and face of the franchise. Fortunately, Tim Leweike got hired and performed an intervention on BC in the nick of time. Imagine having to live through the Rudy Gay Era instead of the #WeTheNorth Era.

Comment

I mean, what's the difference between Siakam and those players? he's just a role player like those guys. He's just another Rudy Gay.

Take out his stats from his Linsanity days(Oct-Dec 2019) - which was over a year ago btw. Look at his stats from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021(including the playoffs). He's just a role player who's getting paid like he's Kawhi Leonard.
              Again if he didn't trade Lowry after Wizards series and that regular season, he's not trading Siakam right now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

All media reports indicated Colangelo was on the verge of signing Gay to a max extension and trying to sell him to the fanbase as the new saviour and face of the franchise. Fortunately, Tim Leweike got hired and performed an intervention on BC in the nick of time. Imagine having to live through the Rudy Gay Era instead of the #WeTheNorth Era.
                Would've been ass. That's why you gotta take Matt, Jack and Leo with grain of salt. Because they were hyping Rudy Gay. "Raptors haven't had a star of this caliber since Vince Carter". Man I remember Gay caught an oop and American media was like they havent had that since Carter. It was bleak. JV was the only positive, had a lot of hopes for him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The three best things that happened for Raps fans in the 21st century: Teachers selling MLSE, MLSE hiring Leiweke to right the ship, and MLSE firing Leiweke before he embarrassed them.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The good old days when fans wanted him traded. Even wanted to throw him in the Gasol trade for Conley.
                    Its funny but a lot of stuff we used to say about Lowry I'm saying about Siakam right now. Especially age stuff. Had to step back because Lowry's first 20 point per game season was when he was 29 years old. Obviously there were other factors different from Siakam but still you gotta think about it once in a while. Good thing I'm not in front office making decisions.
                    Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jan 6, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The three best things that happened for Raps fans in the 21st century: Teachers selling MLSE, MLSE hiring Leiweke to right the ship, and MLSE firing Leiweke before he embarrassed them.
                      Oh what's this story?

Comment

Rachel Nichols on the The Jump yesterday said expect the Clippers to pursue Lowry. It would suck to see Lowry in a Clipper uni. He's a Raptor legacy player. But trading him is the right thing to do. So if it's the Clippers, it's the Clippers. Problem is, they don't have any assets to trade for Kyle. So I don't know how that's gonna work.
                        And Paul Pierce said given all the important pieces Raps have lost since championship season, should trade Lowry and build around young core.

Comment

Working...
                        X