Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a chance this year to win 50

yet be a lower seed

There's always a chance (barring injuries).

But there's a far greater chance of winning the Atlantic Division, thus guaranteeing no lower than a 4th seed.

Comment

i don't think we'll win 50. i think it'll be less than 48. our chances of winning the division seems easier to attain.

Comment

I think we win 50 this year. And I think we win the division. The question of 3rd or 4th is a good one though - it depends on whether WAS/CHA/MIA can be good enough to get 50 wins as well, and if CLE/CHI live up to the hype. I think we manage the third spot again, myself, just edging out CHA, while MIA and WAS fall back a bit.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

82-0
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Some people are looking at last season's 48 wins, accounting for increasing competitiveness in the East, and figuring on a step back for the Raptors to the tune of 45-46 wins. The reality is that 50 wins is already a step back from last year's post-Rudy pace. 50 wins and the 2nd round are very realistic goals.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Some people are looking at last season's 48 wins, accounting for increasing competitiveness in the East, and figuring on a step back for the Raptors to the tune of 45-46 wins. The reality is that 50 wins is already a step back from last year's post-Rudy pace. 50 wins and the 2nd round are very realistic goals.
                We replaced Salmons and Fields (fields isn't playing more than 3 minutes this year) with James Johnson and DeYolo with Lou Williams. Oh and Novak with Caboclo, which because of Bruno's length alone I think evens out.

So without taking into account the expected internal improvement of the rest of the guys, ya I think 50 wins and second round is realistic.

Think about it, we had DeYolo playing in the play offs. DeYOLO in the playoffs!!
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Potential Challenges this year:
                  - Atlanta has healthy Horford, Chicago is back in the mix, Cleveland. Washington and Hornets have also become better
                  - Lowry might have been playing good in a contract year
                  - Our squad might not be healthy this year

Potential Hope:
                  - Derozan and JV may have learned a lot from international play, DD might have learned some new things from Team USA
                  - We got a SF who can guard big wings and a backup Center. Lou Williams could provide buckets from the bench quickly
                  - Ross should improve after working hard after a hard playoff loss
                  - Chemistry

Verdict: If the Raptors stay healthy, this squad is looking at 49-51 wins. Our bench is much better, JV and DD have looked more confident, and we have fixed a lot of the holes from the start of last season.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                    Potential Challenges this year:
                    - Atlanta has healthy Horford, Chicago is back in the mix, Cleveland. Washington and Hornets have also become better
                    - Lowry might have been playing good in a contract year
                    - Our squad might not be healthy this year

Potential Hope:
                    - Derozan and JV may have learned a lot from international play, DD might have learned some new things from Team USA
                    - We got a SF who can guard big wings and a backup Center. Lou Williams could provide buckets from the bench quickly
                    - Ross should improve after working hard after a hard playoff loss
                    - Chemistry

Verdict: If the Raptors stay healthy, this squad is looking at 49-51 wins. Our bench is much better, JV and DD have looked more confident, and we have fixed a lot of the holes from the start of last season.
                    I don't really think you can look at other teams prospects for the season as a potential challenge. That challenge is always there. Some teams get better, but some also get worse.

I mean....Atlanta gets Horford back, Indiana lost George and Lance....So one team rises a bit, one team falls a lot
                    Chicago was in the mix last year. How was being 4th and tying our record not being in the mix?
                    Cleveland gets better, Miami probably gets worse (possibly a lot worse).
                    WAS/CHA both are on an upward trend since last year....but there'll probably be some teams getting worse (BKL and NYK maybe?)

And all these predictions could be completely wrong...

I prefer the "we need to take care of business regardless of other teams" type of view. So yeah, our health, and the ability of key players to repeat/improve upon their play from last year are the big factors....If we are mostly healthy most of the year and guys play well, 50 wins should be well within reach.

Also, I don't think the East really got stronger. Maybe slightly, but not in a way where there are more good teams. Just the bad teams are probably all going to be slightly less bad (except maybe Philly). Meanwhile there aren't more good teams, and in fact, the only 2 "contenders" in the conference last year are no longer a factor. So the 7 or 8 teams (depending on how you view BKL) fighting for the playoffs are probably not going to be really threatened by the others, and also they may finish all quite close together in record.

Comment

Chicago is in the mix for championship talk here.
                      Rose back with a frontcourt of Gasol, Noah, Gibson, Mirotic. Mcdermott is looking pretty NBA-Ready.

Yeah Indiana is done for the year easily, but we are probably the best of Wash, Charlotte, Atlanta, but not on Chicago, Cleveland level really, so my prediction was just about spot on

Comment

I'm going with 53 wins.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          I'm going with 53 wins.
                          Don't you try to one up me, Mr. Z

Comment

Im

Comment

Damn tablet...I'm going with 51 wins, second in the eastern conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X