Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Draft 2021

Am I too early?

We are 1-6. This season came together quite quickly. The Raps are not playing at home. They scrabbled to get things worked out in Tampa. Obviously there have been kinks. The crowd is cheering for the other teams. Players are still trying to get settled. We are playing every other night, which leaves little time to practice and gel. We have the toughest travel schedule out of any other team.

Best case scenario we start playing in Toronto in March. Which would lead to more scrambling. More uncertainty.

They are obviously in a funk. Watching the team since jump, we will get past it. We will have a win streak at some point. However, this year we have the deck stacked against us. More than normal.

So lets look to the bright side. We have our pick. As of right now it looks like it could be a decent pick.

Who is looking good for next year's draft?

All this time I was looking at this year as sort of a one off where we had a chance to get a really good draft pick that we could use. For whatever reason I never looked at our own pick as one that rebuilding teams may want to trade for. We could potentially land a Beal or Harden yet.

Comment

Probably early, but I will say after the last couple Ls Ive gone to mock drafts as a silver lining. Honestly dont know much. Only looked up the top 5 or so guys and they are impressive - the two guys in the Gleague are probably the most interesting to me but that might just be because they havent played a game yet. Those guys should play against grown men, hoping I actually want to watch those games - college is just pretty boring imo.

Comment

I'm on the team tank this year.
        Even if we land a FA next year, preferably Beal or Lavine, any or even both of them won't make us contend.
        We still lack many pieces and hopefully some of them will be filled in through the draft.
        It's not that bad to look pathetic this year, many fans will surely understand given all the players we've lost and the unusual circumstances.
        GSW addressed a huge concern through the draft and Wiseman looks solid. When and if a healthy Klay comes back, they'd be a legit contender again.
        Hopefully we can do the same in some form.

Comment

Jalen Green
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

When there's an elite big man and elite PG and an elite scoring winger in the draft and you have the 1st overall pick? you ALWAYS take the elite scoring winger. That's why I have Green as the top player in this year's draft even though most mocks have Cade Cunningham as the consensus #1.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
              Jalen Green
              There's a high probability we will draft somebody named Jalen.

Last edited by golden; Fri Jan 8, 2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                Am I too early?

We are 1-6. This season came together quite quickly. The Raps are not playing at home. They scrabbled to get things worked out in Tampa. Obviously there have been kinks. The crowd is cheering for the other teams. Players are still trying to get settled. We are playing every other night, which leaves little time to practice and gel. We have the toughest travel schedule out of any other team.

Best case scenario we start playing in Toronto in March. Which would lead to more scrambling. More uncertainty.

They are obviously in a funk. Watching the team since jump, we will get past it. We will have a win streak at some point. However, this year we have the deck stacked against us. More than normal.

So lets look to the bright side. We have our pick. As of right now it looks like it could be a decent pick.

Who is looking good for next year's draft?
                If we've learned one thing, if you're going to tank, then you tank early and tank often. Haven't looked at the Tankathon site in years, since we had the Knicks pick (which became Jakob). It's a cool site.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Comment

When there's an elite big man and elite PG and an elite scoring winger in the draft and you have the 1st overall pick? you ALWAYS take the elite scoring winger. That's why I have Green as the top player in this year's draft even though most mocks have Cade Cunningham as the consensus #1.
                  However, Cade is a scoring wing turned PG and he's 6-7. Green is only 6-5, although huge by Raptor standards, but slightly undersized for a wing. Cade would seem to be more versatile.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Isnt Cunningham like 6’7 though? At that point he basically is a wing. Like Lebron, Harden and to some extent Luka all get a lot of “point guard” minutes, because they have the ball a lot and run a ton of pick and role, but they also fit the scoring wing mold you mentioned. In the 5-10 min I watched of Cunningham he basically just posted up smaller dudes, isolated on the wing and bodied smaller dudes for putbacks.

That being said Green is also the guy I like most.

Comment

I get the point.
                        But Cunningham is not your typical PG.
                        He can be our much better Simmons.
                        If we get Beal, a Cunningham-Beal-Pascal trio would be awesome.
                        That is if we don't trade Pascal.

Comment

Forget the top 4 guys.. who's 7, 8, 9, or 10? Are those franchise altering talents? Because that's where we're picking. Still a lot of games to be played. And the lottery has changed a bit since we last had a pick.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Forget the top 4 guys.. who's 7, 8, 9, or 10? Are those franchise altering talents? Because that's where we're picking. Still a lot of games to be played. And the lottery has changed a bit since we last had a pick.
                            Too early to say where we are picking.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Whenever someone says this is a loaded draft I think back to 2014 when experts predicted it to be among the best drafts ever:

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft2014/i...2014-best-ever

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft2014/i...2014-best-ever

Top 5 picks that year ended up being Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Embid, Aaron Gordan, and Dante Exum.

Rounding out the top 10 are Marcus Smart, Julius Randle, Stauskus, Noah Vonleh, Elfred Peyton. Doug McDermott was #11.

At the time widely considered the best draft in years. Probably only 1 person taken in the whole first round will ever be an all star.

No guarantees in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X