No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keon’s freshman numbers not so different than Don Mitchell’s...

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Keon’s freshman numbers not so different than Don Mitchell’s...
      Mitchell was significantly better in his second/final year of college than Keon at: three-point shooting, free throws, steals per game, rebounds per game, true shooting percentage, points per game, winshares, and plus-minus, and did that with a lower usage rate.

Keon is promising. He's not really comparable to Mitchell.

Comment

• Mitchell's not bad for a short guard huh?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

So hindsight being 20/20 you would rather not have a chance at a top 4 pick...? Also, you would rather have been destroyed in the first round against Brooklyn? Risking potential injury on our main guys who just wanted the season to be over at the end? Mobley is a VERY different player than Garuba. You don't tank JUST to get one guy at the top because chances are you won't get it. I think it is a deep draft but I think its also a good draft and the top people are solid.
          All I'm saying is that it's a deep draft. Deep meaning there are a lot of good looking prospects deep into the draft. So if you don't have a lottery pick you will get a great player.

A Murray, Trae or Mitchell could be had outside of the lottery (potentially).

Yeah the top 4 looks good, but I was talking impact. Nobody knows how Mobley will look in the NBA. You can speculate, but Garuba could end up being the better prospect just by being more impactful. Or Mann could end up better than Suggs. To even be able to get a guy like Garuba or Mann outside the lottery is what I mean by deep. A mediocre team (like say Memphis or Boston) will get a great prospect. And that's usually not always the case in most drafts.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

All I'm saying is that it's a deep draft. Deep meaning there are a lot of good looking prospects deep into the draft. So if you don't have a lottery pick you will get a great player.

Yeah the top 4 looks good, but I was talking impact. Nobody knows how Mobley will look in the NBA. You can speculate, but Garuba could end up being the better prospect just by being more impactful. Or Mann could end up better than Suggs. To even be able to get a guy like Garuba or Mann outside the lottery is what I mean by deep. A mediocre team (like say Memphis or Boston) will get a great prospect. And that's usually not always the case in most drafts.

that's why my dream situation is moving the two second rounders to move up into the late 20's to grab someone who fell.. although I feel like they would rather keep because with second rounders the cap rules are different.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Mitchell's not bad for a short guard huh?
              shorter players need more skill he is good absolutely yes. I just don't think we NEED to target Davion n my opinion and I've outlined why.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

shorter players need more skill he is good absolutely yes. I just don't think we NEED to target Davion n my opinion and I've outlined why.
                but his last name and jersey number is the same as Donovan!!!
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

LOL, he's studying Donovan's game as well and that's not a bad player to try and emulate.

Comment

That's tough to predict who is going to be more impactful. Garuba might be talented but it's also tougher to get minutes on a good playoff team. Mann for example, it will tough for him to get minutes in Boston with all the guards even in Memphis he'll play behind Brooks and Ja in best case scenario

Comment

That's tough to predict who is going to be more impactful. Garuba might be talented but it's also tougher to get minutes on a good playoff team. Mann for example, it will tough for him to get minutes in Boston with all the guards even in Memphis he'll play behind Brooks and Ja in best case scenario
                      And it will be tough to get minutes on a team like Toronto as well though. Especially if Lowry is back.

Boston is trying to trade Kemba. They could replace him with Mann (if he's still available by then).

Comment

And it will be tough to get minutes on a team like Toronto as well though. Especially if Lowry is back.

Boston is trying to trade Kemba. They could replace him with Mann (if he's still available by then).
                        let em

Comment

Yeah it'll be similar situation to Jakob.

Comment

• Looking at last year's draft, Wiseman was the only C drafted in the 1st round last year. And I read a rumour a couple of days ago that he's now on the trading block? lol. Are sure Mobley is as better prospect than Wiseman?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• not against drafting a pf now

Comment

Working...
                                X