Everything Draft 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Sometimes it works(Giannis), sometimes it doesn't(Bruno). Kuminga is a little bit of both. He's raw like Bruno but he's a freak athlete like Giannis and he's also got some skills. I'd love to have him on the team. He's probably got the highest upside in this draft along with Green. I don't think he slips past 5 though. Of course there's always a chance some team drafts someone who's lower on most experts mocks like last year when the Bulls took Pat Williams 4th overall(the right pick), so I guess we'll see.
    I expect an ultra patient team like OKC to pick him.

Comment

• Unless we move up, I think it's starting to look like we'll be left one or two of Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Keon Johnson to pick from - the next three "highest potential" but each with some question marks. Will be interesting to see if Masai/Webster like that direction or go a different one.

If we're at #8 and Jalen Johnson is there and Barnes and Keon are gone 6 and 7...what do you do?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Unless we move up, I think it's starting to look like we'll be left one or two of Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Keon Johnson to pick from - the next three "highest potential" but each with some question marks. Will be interesting to see if Masai/Webster like that direction or go a different one.

If we're at #8 and Jalen Johnson is there and Barnes and Keon are gone 6 and 7...what do you do?
        I trust Masai and Bobby but Jalen Johnson has so many red flags. I say pass. Also not sure about Barnes, he's a point forward, do we really need another one? we already have Siakam.

I like Keon, Moody and Mitchell(in that order). I also like Springer but not sure if they have the balls to draft him 7th overall.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I trust Masai and Bobby but Jalen Johnson has so many red flags. I say pass. Also not sure about Barnes, he's a point forward, do we really need another one? we already have Siakam.
          Given that we don't have a real backup for Pascal, yeah we kinda do. Plus I'd say that athletic point-forward is exactly the kind of prospect teams should stock up on in the modern NBA because you can play them together - 3/4/5, or even 2/3/4 - and they just help oil the offensive machine while giving you size on D.

We turn people over and fly all over the court in transition - Barnes and J-Johnson fit the bill pretty darn well.
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon May 10, 2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Given that we don't have a real backup for Pascal, yeah we kinda do. Plus I'd say that athletic point-forward is exactly the kind of prospect teams should stock up on in the modern NBA because you can play them together - 3/4/5, or even 2/3/4 - and they just help oil the offensive machine while giving you size on D.

We turn people over and fly all over the court in transition - Barnes and J-Johnson fit the bill pretty darn well.
            1. Barnes is not really athletic. He moves a lot like OG - very awkward.

2. If you're drafting in the top 10 you better draft a starter and not a backup.

3. The Raptors don't have a starting caliber 2 guard. There's a lot of them in this draft.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

3. The Raptors don't have a starting caliber 2 guard. There's a lot of them in this draft.
              Literally the entire point of trading for GTJ was that they consider him a starting caliber 2 guard.

Comment

Unless we move up, I think it's starting to look like we'll be left one or two of Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Keon Johnson to pick from - the next three "highest potential" but each with some question marks. Will be interesting to see if Masai/Webster like that direction or go a different one.

I mean based on mock drafts from media guys sure those are the guys Raps might be choosing between. Raps are going to have their own list of BPA and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys don't make the list.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Literally the entire point of trading for GTJ was that they consider him a starting caliber 2 guard.
                  I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but its pretty clear we don't have a 1A type of guy. Where do you slot him on the starting line up if not at SG? They are very likely not trading FVV with Lowry leaving, they are investing a lot of games into Pascal becoming more comfortable with the ball in his hands and OG is our best defender. Really doubt we get our 1A in the form of a C so that leaves the SG spot. Dilema, dilema...

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

How do you know that? maybe they think of him more as a 6th man. You don't know. All I know is he plays like a 6th man.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah a SG that can create for himself is not bad.. it's what we kind of dream of when we think of a Beal trade or LaVine trade. Beal wasn't a great shooter in college either, so Keon Johnson has potential.

James Bouknight is another potential guard we could look at. He might be a reach in the 7-10 range, but he could be the best shooting guard from this draft.

He scores in a variety of different ways. Here is a video of him scoring 40:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Yeah a SG that can create for himself is not bad.. it's what we kind of dream of when we think of a Beal trade or LaVine trade. Beal wasn't a great shooter in college either, so Keon Johnson has potential.

James Bouknight is another potential guard we could look at. He might be a reach in the 7-10 range, but he could be the best shooting guard from this draft.

He scores in a variety of different ways. Here is a video of him scoring 40:
                        The other thing is that rising young, scoring SGs are probably overvalued in trades if/when a superstar shakes loose. When the Harden trade rumors started, there was a deal mentioned in which the Rockets were apparently interested in Tyler Herro, but the Heat didn't want to include him in trade talks. All hearsay, but the point is that 2-way players aren't necessarily valued as high when these situations happen. It's easier to sell a young, dynamic scorer and PPG to the fanbase when you lose your own superstar.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I don't think any of those 3 were BPA at 5th though. Klay was picked 11th, Kawhi at 15th and Jimmy at 30th. Obviously looking back now it was a mistake, but at the time of the draft, taking any of those 3 at 5th would have been a reach.
                          We supposedly really liked Kawhi that year and he would have been the pick if JV was gone already. The game was different then and C were prized possessions. Now it's hard to justify a C near the top of the draft.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I don't think any of those 3 were BPA at 5th though. Klay was picked 11th, Kawhi at 15th and Jimmy at 30th. Obviously looking back now it was a mistake, but at the time of the draft, taking any of those 3 at 5th would have been a reach.
                            Yeah, the whole concept that there's some sort of 'consensus BPA list' sounds great in theory, but has been proven to be severely lacking, in actual practice.

Comment

1. Barnes is not really athletic. He moves a lot like OG - very awkward.
                              OG's a great athlete. So is Barnes. Almost ideal athleticism for the PF position.

Comment

Exsqueeze Me, Baking Powder?

Comment

Working...
                                X