Everything Draft 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Perhaps we should wait on the results of the ping pong balls before getting into passionate discussions debating the merits of the top of the draft class
    but it takes a lot of the fun out of just sitting and waiting

Comment

• A lot of people have faith that Raptors can develop some of these kids into a shooters but I'm hesitant. I think we should draft a kid who can somewhat shoot.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I don’t think we have a position of need, you take the best player at any position. We need to upgrade the talent of this team, if it means someone currently starting comes off the bench so be it.
        I'm not advocating for a big in this draft over BPA, but I think we do have a position of need: Quality big. Mobley or Barnes could help there. But I'd be all for picking Johnson, or Mitchell if that's what falls to us as the BPA

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          A lot of people have faith that Raptors can develop some of these kids into a shooters but I'm hesitant. I think we should draft a kid who can somewhat shoot.
          That's one of the big reasons why I like Moses Moody so much. But on the other hand.. if you can teach and develop shooting and get someone like a Barnes or Kuminga.. then you could get a really special talent.

Comment

A lot of people have faith that Raptors can develop some of these kids into a shooters but I'm hesitant. I think we should draft a kid who can somewhat shoot.
            Problem is length and athleticism can't be developed, shooting can be. Although guys like Giannis and Simmons have yet to develop a respectable jumpshot.

Moody would be a fine pick around 7th though, decent size at 6'6 and 7 foot wing span and can shoot the ball.

Comment

• Keon looks like a pretty special kind of athlete, with the explosiveness to play a lot bigger than his size (which isn't bad either) - like an old school 90s-early 00s shooting guard, a big asset thanks to the versatility to play at the 2 or 3 in a pinch.

The truly great athletes figure things out on the court - shooting, speed of the game, passing, defense, etc. - and Keon consistently wows with his ability to make use of his explosiveness on the court.

Comment

• That said, Moody could easily be the better "system" guy.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That's one of the big reasons why I like Moses Moody so much. But on the other hand.. if you can teach and develop shooting and get someone like a Barnes or Kuminga.. then you could get a really special talent.
                  i think kuminga is way over barnes but if we pick top 4 I think you go with who ever is left out of suggs green and the like

Comment

You can't expect Mobley to be a contributor in year 1.. maybe 3 or 4. Bigs take a long time to develop.
                    Why does he need to be a contributor in year 1? All players take time to develop but the point I was trying to make is that if you don't have an elite player then you should try to be good at all positions instead of just 1-4 and be passable at 5.

Comment

what people are saying i think is if Jalen Green and Cade are superstars and Mobley ends up being servicable or fringe All-Star it will be upsetting and "we needed a centre" will be a weak excuse
                      I trust the Raps to pick the right player. Cade is a lock at 1 I think, then it's between Mobley, Green and Suggs it would seem. Happy with any of those guys if we land on the top 4.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Why does he need to be a contributor in year 1? All players take time to develop but the point I was trying to make is that if you don't have an elite player then you should try to be good at all positions instead of just 1-4 and be passable at 5.
                        I get that.. the '04 Pistons model. If our weakness is the 5, then maybe it would be better to bring in a center using a trade or through free agency instead of through the draft, and then using the draft to select just whoever is the best player available. Especially if it can take 3-4 years to develop a big. Yes, all positions have to develop, but bigs take longer. They have to grow into their size and learn how to defend other NBA centers. Sengun has a leg up on that since he's been playing in a professional league, but Mobley not so much.

We'll be talking about the draft for awhile since that's all we have left to talk about (with regards to the Raptors). I will be okay with whoever Masai/Bobby pick. I won't even be mad if they trade it. I just think Mobley will take awhile to turn into a reliable piece IMO. He may end up like a Bosh type pick who was awesome. But even Bosh took a few years to turn into Bosh. If our front office selects him, then I hope we have a contingency option at the 5. Maybe they stick with Birch//Boucher/Gillie again. But I'd be surprised if they did. Not having a good center pretty much cost us the season.

Comment

I get that.. the '04 Pistons model. If our weakness is the 5, then maybe it would be better to bring in a center using a trade or through free agency instead of through the draft, and then using the draft to select just whoever is the best player available. Especially if it can take 3-4 years to develop a big. Yes, all positions have to develop, but bigs take longer. They have to grow into their size and learn how to defend other NBA centers. Sengun has a leg up on that since he's been playing in a professional league, but Mobley not so much.

We'll be talking about the draft for awhile since that's all we have left to talk about (with regards to the Raptors). I will be okay with whoever Masai/Bobby pick. I won't even be mad if they trade it. I just think Mobley will take awhile to turn into a reliable piece IMO. He may end up like a Bosh type pick who was awesome. But even Bosh took a few years to turn into Bosh. If our front office selects him, then I hope we have a contingency option at the 5. Maybe they stick with Birch//Boucher/Gillie again. But I'd be surprised if they did. Not having a good center pretty much cost us the season.
                          Kai Jones is better than Sengun

Comment

realistically you will see the center rotation change.. how it changes will be determined at the draft. if we draft top 2 then its either mobley or cade. If we aren't there and we are drafting in the the top 7... then you pick BPA and pick up someone in the second round and then try to either make a trade or SOMETHING.

Comment

• Now that the season is over I'll check out more around players projected to go 6 through 12.

1 through 5 have been discussed quite a bit, I'm now more curious about these lesser known players. I think historically there have been a lot of great players drafted in that zone.
                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

Comment

• So we gotta wait till semi finals 2 find out where the raptors are gonna be picking,correct,that's a long time
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X