No announcement yet.

Game #8 Toronto Raptors vs Sacramento Kings - Jan 8th - 10pm Eastern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was a hell of an entertaining game. Seems like everyone stepped it up alot for this one. Not sure if Lowrys absence helped with that, but maybe the players all thought they'd have to do more without the heart and soul of team on the floor. Defensive intensity was there after the first Q. I was really impressed with that watanabe kid. His effort on D was solid, even blocked a jump shot...its likely he gets to see the floor more going forward if we can expect that type of effort on D. And Pascal served up a delicious draymond green like performance. Good D, great efficiency, great awareness and passing was stellar. Got a great showing from Powell, 22pts on 8 fga....wow, hyper efficient. Davis was great as well, and fred was awesome. Things go well when 3pt shots are falling, but i think the decision making was the highlight in this game. Alot of good reads and seemed everyone was playing controlled and in rhythm. I wont get too excited because its the kings and their D is awful, but maybe a good showing like this just helps get guys going.

Comment

• Oh yeah, and baynes gets benched and len saw 4 minutes of action...i think its clear boucher deserves to start. I feel bad for baynes, gotta be disheartening to see the team play its best ball when you sit for a game. The idea that your absense is better than your presence on the floor gotta be bad for the ego. I hope he gets up to speed and finds a way to positively contribute. Playing a little small might be the best bet going forward, with baynes and len getting limited minutes.

Comment

• Fun overall game for sure. I liked how Siakam was playing. He took only 2 three's. A lot of paint points and touches. His 12 assists were really impressive, wonder if that was a career high for him.

But yeah this game 100% confirms that we have a problem at center. We can play small and give Boucher looks, but that's not going to work for the rest of the season. That strategy failed against Ayton. And he's not even that great yet. No team goes super small anymore 100% of the time.

Terrible defense in the first quarter/half. Won through hard work/determination and some really terrible play from the Kings. Felt like that Brooklyn game in the playoffs where our bench scored 100 points. But it didn't last because we crumbled offensively against Boston.

I would think trading Norm for a center makes even more sense right now. Need an actual center that can help us grab boards, and play a little defense. I was always thinking a stretch big was important for this team.. but seeing Baynes and Len I'm thinking that was dumb. Just having any decent center is more important. As soon as Lowry comes back, Norm is going back on the bench. And then he's not going to be as good. Better to get a decent center if we can, and then have TD/Flynn be our backcourt off the bench going forward. Norm has really become redundant.

Wish we took a flyer on someone like Noel or Giles or Biyombo. Athletic center that can play defense is what we're missing.

Comment

• Yuta was pretty impressive last night. As soon as he checked in the Raptors started coming back. That extra size that he brings and his willingness to rebound are crucial to this team if Baynes/Len don't suit up.

Even if we had a half decent center on this team, we'd be looking like last years team. Bobby/Masai really screwed the pooch on that one.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Oh yeah, and baynes gets benched and len saw 4 minutes of action...i think its clear boucher deserves to start. I feel bad for baynes, gotta be disheartening to see the team play its best ball when you sit for a game. The idea that your absense is better than your presence on the floor gotta be bad for the ego. I hope he gets up to speed and finds a way to positively contribute. Playing a little small might be the best bet going forward, with baynes and len getting limited minutes.
            How do you think Kyle feels?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

How do you think Kyle feels?
              I'm not sure, but kyle doesnt suck when he plays so I doubt he'd take anything negative away from the team playing well in his absence.

Comment

• Good win by this team without Lowry.

However reactions has to go both ways just after losses against much more talented teams like the 2 losses from N.O. and the Celtics (with no Smart and Kemba), people who posted that “sky is not falling” rhetoric should also hold their horses...lol.

Still a slow start (SSSyndrome disease) so if this was against better teams, not sure if they were able to recover.

One thing to positively point out is that Nurse finally decided to expand the bench. They won the game, I always believed that TD when given consistent minutes will thrive. It is also a must for Flynn to get reps, he is a true point guard. After all, he was a John Wooden All American awardee. Guy is the real deal.

Lets see how they can sustain this excitement vs. Golden State and Portland on a b2b.

Comment

• Malachi Flynn has the natural instinct to track a loose ball, he seem is always there to wait for a defensive rebound.

Another recognizable positive fundamental trait from a rookie.

Comment

• All Malachi need is reg playing time. Last night he showed what he's capable of.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Another good find my Masai’s team considering he is a 29th pick. Draft is a crapshoot but this time luck seem to be on the Raptors side. An encouraging outlook for the “tank patrol”....lol. Now they get emboldened .

Meaning this win vs Sacramento is very discouraging especially Raptors temporarily lose the no.1 spot. Hahaha

Comment

• Meh..Sacramento Queens suck..but it's a win, they still ain't going no where until they solve there center and sg position..If anyone says Bouche, plz stop..his a good back up at the 4..but u cant play him against bigger guys, he gets pushed around. I still believe this team needs 2 retool..and that's by trading Lowry and Powell and getting rid of trash the likes of Baynes, Len, Stanley, McCaw...keep you core 2 build around..Siakim, Freddy, Og, Flynn, Davis, Boucher..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Meh..Sacramento Queens suck..but it's a win, they still ain't going no where until they solve there center and sg position..If anyone says Bouche, plz stop..his a good back up at the 4..but u cant play him against bigger guys, he gets pushed around. I still believe this team needs 2 retool..and that's by trading Lowry and Powell and getting rid of trash the likes of Baynes, Len, Stanley, McCaw...keep you core 2 build around..Siakim, Freddy, Og, Flynn, Davis, Boucher..
                          Let's keep our trash coz they're the ones that will get us to the ultimate prize in next year's draft.

Comment

• Maybe Powell is more patient with starters taking more quality shots. On a second unit it seems like he thinks hes the man and is too hardenesque

Bouch maybe not always but hes fine against bigs. He can get backed up but he still hold his ground and keeps his hands up. A beefier guy still has to shoot over him. Others need to back him up better when he alters shots that miss and no one is there to get the board

TD is such a smooth shooter. Its almost weird to see it on this team. Natural. this nurse bs about matt and td giving up more points then they can make up simply isnt true in sustained minutes. They both have good plus minus including tds team best +24 last night. A key 3 from td isnt just a 3. It can lift a team in a huge way. Same with a matt 3. It can get the team rolling instead of stuck in the mud like we’ve been

i really like flynns play. He goes toward the basket instead of around the outside of the 3 line like fred so often does. He works his way in through the middle and in herky jerky fashion that puts defence on its heels afraid of a dish and with his ability to pull up mid range hes very effective. Just needs reps

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Thanks.
                              Gotta be honest, if the Raps are down dbl digits at the end of 3, my bed will start to look awful comfy.

Anyone know what the Raptor (mascot) is up to this season? Is he out of a job or with the team? Dude must be going out of his mind.
                              I can ask. My sister is friends with him. Super nice guy. Hes actually the original raptor mascot from ‘95 all these years same guy. They have a new younger guy in recently too. so two right now

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I can ask. My sister is friends with him. Super nice guy. Hes actually the original raptor mascot from ‘95 all these years same guy. They have a new younger guy in recently too. so two right now
                                RR now has a mainline to the one and only raptor. we made it!
                                Ask him if he got a ring. Nav got one so why not the raptor
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X