Tyler Ennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2KJ wrote: View Post
    A big reason why I'm so pissed at the Suns (I'm sure Masai and co. feel the same). They shouldn't have drafted Ennis in the first place. They already have 1 great point guard, a restricted free-agent potentially great point guard who's injury prone, then they signed Nate Robinson 2.0. Had Masai's plan of drafting Ennis with our pick then Bruno with a late first rounder (from Memphis reportedly) would have been a stroke of a genius, and the Raptors will finally have a legit Canadian and Torontonian prospect.

But Phoenix badly overpaid for Bledsoe. He's not proven yet, he can't stay healthy, they already have a much better point guard in Dragic and his style of play won't be very productive for 5 years.

That brings up an interesting question... Would you rather:

a) Ennis and Prince

or

b) Bebe and Lou Williams

Ennis would have been nice but I like the way things played out when you consider at PG Lowry and GV resigned and Lou Williams can play 3rd string PG as well as a proven scorer off the bench and you might have a bonafide back up C in Bebe in the Brandan Wright mold.

Comment

Ennis could be had for really cheap now.. something like Daniels and a future protected 2nd should probably do it. I'd be all over that if I was Masai.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        That brings up an interesting question... Would you rather:

a) Ennis and Prince

or

b) Bebe and Lou Williams

Ennis would have been nice but I like the way things played out when you consider at PG Lowry and GV resigned and Lou Williams can play 3rd string PG as well as a proven scorer off the bench and you might have a bonafide back up C in Bebe in the Brandan Wright mold.
        I still prefer the Bebe/Lou trade.. but that's because Casey would have given Prince 25 minutes a game if he played. He'd be the new Salmons.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Ennis could be had for really cheap now.. something like Daniels and a future protected 2nd should probably do it. I'd be all over that if I was Masai.
          Hell yeah!

Shitty thing is I have an unfounded feeling that PHX would hold out for more from Toronto than any other team.

It is really unfortunate they don't even have a bad contract. Alex Len would likely be the worst contract they have right now. All other deals are decent money on known players, 1 year contracts, and rookie deals.

Comment

Based on how the negotiations went, I don't think Bledsoe is in the Suns long term plans at this price. I'd be surprised if he isn't traded this season, and in turn I wouldn't expect them to dump Ennis for the time being.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              With all due respect, I don't think the Suns are ever doing that deal.

Turning the 18th pick into two second rounders before he ever plays a second in the league would be a pretty glaring mistake for any GM, let alone a front office that prides themselves on shrewd asset management like the Suns do.
              Last edited by Fully; Wed Sep 24, 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                With all due respect, I don't think the Suns are ever doing that deal.

Turning the 18th pick into two second rounders before he ever plays a second in the league would be a pretty glaring mistake for any GM, let alone a front office that prides themselves on shrewd asset management like the Suns do.
                I don't know about that becoming a glaring mistake considering his value will be lower then it was at draft time. They have 3 guards ahead of him in the pecking order and another one potentially on the way.

With this crappy deal they can save money on a rookie scale contract.. plus get a future asset as well and make an agent really happy. It would require convincing but Masai's a Jedi master.

Comment

Based on how the negotiations went, I don't think Bledsoe is in the Suns long term plans at this price. I'd be surprised if he isn't traded this season, and in turn I wouldn't expect them to dump Ennis for the time being.
                  The Suns wouldn't entertain a sign-and-trade option with the Timberwolves, why would they turn around and flip him upon signing? Despite negotiations not going well, the Suns maintained that they never wanted to lose Bledsoe and fully intended on keeping him in the fold.

I don't see the Suns flipping Bledsoe this season. They now have Bledsoe, Thomas, Dragic, Ennis, and likely another Dragic. With Green like to be extended at SG, the guard minutes are getting crowded. Ennis is the likely expendable asset.
                  Last edited by Shantz; Wed Sep 24, 2014, 08:34 PM.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                    The Suns wouldn't entertain a sign-and-trade option with the Timberwolves, why would they turn around and flip him upon signing? Despite negotiations not going well, the Suns maintained that they never wanted to lose Bledsoe and fully intended on keeping him in the fold.

I don't see the Suns flipping Bledsoe this season. They now have Bledsoe, Thomas, Dragic, Ennis, and likely another Dragic. With Green like to be extended at SG, the guard minutes are getting crowded. Ennis is the likely expendable asset.
                    Maybe they want to trade with a team other than the T-Wolves?

And moving Ennis does absolutely nothing to clear up the crowded backcourt.

Comment

Maybe they want to trade with a team other than the T-Wolves?

And moving Ennis does absolutely nothing to clear up the crowded backcourt.
                      I don't think their issue was with the Timberwolves, but with wanting to keep Bledsoe in the fold. They have maintained their desire to keep him within the organization. This could easily be just public pandering, but if it is they have gone above and beyond in their persistent statements.

Moving Ennis doesn't necessarily help the minute distribution, but it would help balance their rotation if they are able to bring in someone at a position of need. Thomas was just signed, Zoran is currently being pursued, while sign him and then trade his brother Goran. Which means that one of Bledsoe (who I don't see as likely), Green (in need of a new contract next summer), or Ennis who is now the fifth option at PG. I could easily be wrong, but I am assuming that Ennis is the odd man out.

Comment

It's possible. But like I mentioned earlier, I don't think moving the 4/5 option at PG does anything to solve their minutes crunch. And it's not like they didn't know they'd have too many PGs when they drafted him - Bledsoe and Dragic were already there, and Thomas was added shortly after. But maybe you're right and Ennis is the one who is shipped out - if that is the case however I don't see him being moved for a lowball package.

Comment

It's possible. But like I mentioned earlier, I don't think moving the 4/5 option at PG does anything to solve their minutes crunch. And it's not like they didn't know they'd have too many PGs when they drafted him - Bledsoe and Dragic were already there, and Thomas was added shortly after. But maybe you're right and Ennis is the one who is shipped out - if that is the case however I don't see him being moved for a lowball package.
                          Outside of Thomas (due to his height limitations), Ennis is the least versatile of the PGs. Goran and Bledsoe can each see minutes at SG, and I believe that Zoran can do the same. Their variety is what makes it possible for minutes to be divided slightly easier, particularly if the Suns put Green at SF for some minutes.

And yes, the lowball packages that some have mentioned (Daniels and a 2nd) won't work, but the Suns are also in a bind. Teams will see their position and will attempt to lowball them for that reason.

Above all, I don't see the Suns giving the Raptors any good deals. They know that Ujiri wants Ennis in Toronto, and will try to extract everything they can.

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...th-PHX-amp-OKC

Take a look at this!

Comment

Just wait a season and there's a possibility they might trade him on the low next offseason.

Same thing happened with them and Kendall Marshall, barely played his first year then sent as salary fodder in the Gortat trade even though he was the 14th pick overall.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever. Serge Ibaka is a top-20 player in the league. Even OKC isn't cheap enough to let him go for Amir and spare parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X