This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Offered Bosh a Max Money Extension in January

Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo took a different approach with Bosh, not offering him an extension initially because all indications were the answer would be no.

Needing more clarity from Bosh before the trade deadline, Colangelo offered a max extension in late January, according to sources. By that point, Bosh presumably had a better feel for where the team was heading. At the time, Toronto was playing well and was in the process of pushing its record to six games above .500 before the All-Star break. Still, Bosh's camp reiterated he wanted to wait until after the season. The Raptors (35-34) have lost 10 of 14 games and are in a tough fight with Charlotte and Chicago for the final two playoff spots in the East.

"We're a playoff team," Bosh said. "We're just not where we want to be. I think it's just not being as consistent as we could be. Sometimes we have opportunities to get better and we just come up short."
    CBS Sports

If Bosh wasn't sure in January while at six games above .500 I wonder where he's at right now?...

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't sign a FA to an extension during the season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        If Bosh wasn't sure in January while at six games above .500 I wonder where he's at right now?...
        This franchise doesn't deserve to keep him, but I hope he does stay.

Comment

If Bosh leaves, Colangelo is going to be staring his chef d'oeuvre in the face. Bargs, (Amir?) Turk, DeRozan, Calderon would make me shed a few tears and years.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't sign a FA to an extension during the season.
            He's not a FA in the season. You can make a contract extension offer to a player on your roster.

Comment

Working...
            X