Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #9 Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors - Jan 10th - 830pm EST

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #9 Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors - Jan 10th - 830pm EST

    Let's see if we can keep the ball moving against a tougher opponent.

    Golden State will be a better test. Steph has been on fire lately. Hopefully we can get them into early foul trouble and make them beat us with their bench. Will we see another Box and 1. Will they try to exploit us with their Rookie C. We will see tomorrow night.

    Curry
    Oubre
    Wiggins
    Green
    Wisemen

    vs

    Lowry
    VanVleet
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Boucher? He's earned it

    830pm EST


  • #2
    Shredder wrote: View Post
    Let's see if we can keep the ball moving against a tougher opponent.

    Golden State will be a better test. Steph has been on fire lately. Hopefully we can get them into early foul trouble and make them beat us with their bench. Will we see another Box and 1. Will they try to exploit us with their Rookie C. We will see tomorrow night.

    Curry
    Oubre
    Wiggins
    Green
    Wisemen

    vs

    Lowry
    VanVleet
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Boucher? He's earned it

    830pm EST
    Yes for boucher starting please. Time for Nick to stop worrying about egos/playing favourites, the kid earned it. Either that or start Pascal at the 5 with norm at SF so we actually start our best 5 players for a change.

    Opposing C is rookie wiseman, who's very talented but will not physically dominate Pascal or Chris. Play your best players more please.
    2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

    Comment


    • #3
      inthepaint wrote: View Post

      Yes for boucher starting please. Time for Nick to stop worrying about egos/playing favourites, the kid earned it. Either that or start Pascal at the 5 with norm at SF so we actually start our best 5 players for a change.

      Opposing C is rookie wiseman, who's very talented but will not physically dominate Pascal or Chris. Play your best players more please.
      Well he already glued Baynes to the bench last game. Len didn't get many minutes either, so doubt he cares about their egos. I assume they'll still get some chances here and there, but I think Boucher/Pascal will start at the 5 next game.

      Comment


      • #4
        inthepaint wrote: View Post

        Yes for boucher starting please. Time for Nick to stop worrying about egos/playing favourites, the kid earned it. Either that or start Pascal at the 5 with norm at SF so we actually start our best 5 players for a change.

        Opposing C is rookie wiseman, who's very talented but will not physically dominate Pascal or Chris. Play your best players more please.
        Honestly in this game Id even be for starting Norm at the 3 and OG/Siakam at the 5. I think we can take advantage of the rookie center and still get Bouchers spark off the bench. Imo we should try to lead the league in pace by a lot - go small and turn every play into transition. Get all the quickness and shooting out there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Think we gotta try something else with the C. Try boucher, but also could start OG at the 5 and move norm into the starting lineup. Playing one of len or baynes small bench minutes and opening up more time for TD or Malachi.
          We can still give baynes or len a start vs big bruising centers, but there really isnt much of those left
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope Siakam keeps up that higher IQ play from last game. There were multiple times he waited for the double team to come and then went for the open man. You can't tell me Kerr isn't going to give Draymond the Siakam gig because it certainly won't go to Wiggins and Wiseman is talented, but still a rook. If Pascal can keep Draymond running around on defence (OG can be our defender on Draymond) and Freddie can be a pain in the ass on defence with Steph, we will definitely be competitive.

            Plus, a rested Lowry should be back and with no Klay to guard, he can focus solely on being an offensive threat.

            People are mentioning taking advantage of a rookie center and I think that will be a focus, but I also imagine anytime the ball handler sees Oubre or Wiggins in front of them, they're driving the paint and looking to make the Warriors short roster even shorter with foul trouble.

            Anyway, that's my two cents.

            Comment


            • #7


              Nobody expected the Shredder
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Shredder FTW!

                Comment


                • #9
                  In a non headline item...the Raps won't be allowing fans in anymore in Tampa. 95% forward thinking health decision and 5% the fans weren't cheering for us anyways? Or the other way around?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    In a non headline item...the Raps won't be allowing fans in anymore in Tampa. 95% forward thinking health decision and 5% the fans weren't cheering for us anyways? Or the other way around?
                    id say other way around. Florida doesnt give a shit about no damm rona. Either that or the lighting decided they wern't going to allow fans and it would look bad if we continued to have fans for our games
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Raps coming into GSW now:

                      - Remember that this Warriors team on Friday went down 20 with 4m(something) remaining to a fully loaded Clippers "super-team" and then the Warriors rallied to beat them by ten at the end. Either the Clippers continue to give us the LoLs post-Kawhi-Raps, or...The Warriors with Draymond back are at the Raptors Level of talent and veteran composure as of most recent

                      - If Klay Thompson is playing for the Warriors now, they are a lock to the WCF. Clippers are still frauds to me, Dallas is not yet fully healthy, and Nuggets are kind of shaky.

                      - Oubre can get hot, Wiggins with Draymond breathing down his neck might actually play to his potential, Wiseman will completely out jump and out talent any of the Raps centers, and Bazemore + others can light us up with Curry drawing the usual attention.

                      - Legit FVV vs Curry 2.0, last year does not count, Curry was not 100% and the Warriors had no Draymond during March 2020

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                        id say other way around. Florida doesnt give a shit about no damm rona. Either that or the lighting decided they wern't going to allow fans and it would look bad if we continued to have fans for our games
                        Hockey isn’t allowing fans because of increased COVID in area. Raptors following suit. No Raptor fans anyway. Good riddance.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Should be a great look at the number 2 pick in the draft James wiseman tonight.
                          He is too fast for Baynes and Len so expect to see more of Boucher tonight.

                          OG prolly guards Wiggins and Fred will torture Curry.

                          Not sure who the Warriors will put on Pascal....either of Draymond or the most confident man in basketball for no obvious reason Kelly Oubre Jr.

                          Biased of course but like our matchups tonight...Raps W.
                          "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Says Wiggins is day to day and looking up and down the Warriors lineup its hard to believe they were consensus all world don’t even bother to play the games good only 2 years ago.
                            Even with Thompson in the lineup they now kinda look like an upscale Portland.
                            Great backcourt and after that very thin up front and on the wing.

                            Windows open and close in a hurry.
                            "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Will K Lowry play tonight ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X