Game # 10 Raps at Blazers Monday January 11th 10pm on Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

The fortunate chip was in some ways, the worst thing that could happen to the franchise. Fans don't want to go back where the goal was playoffs and bounce ....
    Your general point is discredited when you say petulant shit like this. This "the championship was the worst thing to happen" is even dumber than that "Trade Kawhi at the Deadline" thread someone brought up the other day.

Give your head a shake.

Comment

• Hate to say it but this team is back to not having “it”

we have bad shooters and lack clutch players. I always have a bad feeling on plays to finish a game especially since game seven fred not getting a shot up. An often stagnant offence is magnified in game ending plays. Like two nights ago lowry inbounding, whos gonna save the day? Fred hit and miss, not fred, not norm, not og, not pascal. We seriously lack guys that can create a shot.

also picks are hard to get excited about when coach starts len and has matt and td our best shooters nailed to the bench despite many stretches of the team shooting bad. Flynn riding pine too.

i think mad doctor nurse has gone a little crazy with this defense first shit and coy might have been the worst thing that could happen.

that said theres no way we went from 2nd to last. Just trade lowry and norm and sink or swim. See what happens at trade deadline. Dont want to be in no mans land either. I remember saying we should bust it up about a year before trading vc because thats where we were. Mopete was our second best scorer averaging 12 points a game, we didnt have quality picks and had no money for fa’s. Didnt pull the trigger and ended up shit for several years.

noticed nurse was irritated with a question post game last night about starting rotation and wouldnt answer the question. Tough luck nurse team is 2-8 dont be so stubborn. Norm is shit you cant see that nurse? 😖

Comment

• Bench scored 100 fkn points not long ago! Best games this year was when flynn and matt were linking up preseason in a win vs charlotte and last week when TD and bench were contributing.

nurse has been the biggest dud so far this season

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Your general point is discredited when you say petulant shit like this. This "the championship was the worst thing to happen" is even dumber than that "Trade Kawhi at the Deadline" thread someone brought up the other day.

Give your head a shake.
          That was just poorly worded, so I would give Deaner the benefit of the doubt. That feeling is summed up by this DaVinci quote. Fans just need to be realistic about how long it will take to get back to a legit championship squad and the extra challenges that we have building that here in Toronto, i.e., no access to superstar FAs.

It's never a bad thing to hold yourself to high standards, but not being realistic about your current situation and still expecting to live like a king, is just being spoiled and entitled.

Comment

• I just don't understand why people treat this like end of the world. You guys say oh you are pro-tank you are so bad. But all I'm seeing is people losing their minds on twitter over losing and blaming Masai, Bobby, Nurse, Siakam, Lowry. Like come on...You guys should've known this was going to happen after Kawhi left.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• As Bill Parcells once famously said: "You are what your record says you are" Raps are 2-8 folks. They keep losing the SAME way. They keep blowing big leads and they keep losing close games in the 4th. Why? because they have no depth and because they don't have a closer. It's that simple. And LOL at people blaming Nurse he's not the one that assembled the team. But hey blaming Masai is a sin around here so I guess it's Nurse fault.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Give your head a shake.
                You don't understand the nuance.
                And no, I won't explain it to you since you clearly can't even understand "in some ways" and intentionally left it out.
                Don't be a wanker.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You don't understand the nuance.
                  And no, I won't explain it to you since you clearly can't even understand "in some ways" and intentionally left it out.
                  Don't be a wanker.
                  The nuance doesn't save it... it is still stupid. If the nuance is that it is bad in that it raised expectations and certain fans are too impatient/too emotiona/too unreasonable to accept some bad with the good then that has everything to do with those people rather than whether the title was good or bad. The title didn't create people like TRex, they were always there as were fair weather fans, etc.

Comment

• Boucher is starting to look like a nice trade piece

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I just don't understand why people treat this like end of the world. You guys say oh you are pro-tank you are so bad. But all I'm seeing is people losing their minds on twitter over losing and blaming Masai, Bobby, Nurse, Siakam, Lowry. Like come on...You guys should've known this was going to happen after Kawhi left.
                      They showed last year that they can compete without Kawhi. They finished with the second best record in the NBA last year. So what happened? Masai Ujiri happened. That's how. He put ALL his eggs in one basket. I've been sayin this for a couple of years now. Giannis was never coming here. Anyone surprised he re-signed in Miwaukee?

Raptors lost Ibaka and Gasol because of Masai's pursuit of Giannis. They replaced them with Baynes and Len who are both unplayable. And oh the Raptors still don't have a backup PF and SF. Let's all blame Nurse though!
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

They showed last year that they can compete without Kawhi. They finished with the second best record in the NBA last year. So what happened? Masai Ujiri happened. That's how. He put ALL his eggs in one basket. I've been sayin this for a couple of years now. Giannis was never coming here. Anyone surprised he re-signed in Miwaukee?

Raptors lost Ibaka and Gasol because of Masai's pursuit of Giannis. They replaced them with Baynes and Len who are both unplayable. And oh the Raptors still don't have a backup PF and SF. Let's all blame Nurse though!
                        They didn't show they can compete without Kawhi. It was obvious in playoffs.

Comment

Boucher is starting to look like a nice trade piece
                          Boucher + Fred for Harden would be a good return for the Rockets.

Comment

The fact that it took the Celtics 7 games to beat them with Siakam a no-show in ALL 7 games showed me that they were good enough to compete against the best teams in the East. And if that series wasn't in a bubble, if Game 7 was at the Air Canada Centre, Raptors would've won that series.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The NBA has a lot of luck.. The Raptors almost showed they couldn't compete with Kawhi either. If they lost that game 7 against Philly they'd have the same outcome as last season.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The fact that it took the Celtics 7 games to beat them with Siakam a no-show in ALL 7 games showed me that they were good enough to compete against the best teams in the East. And if that series wasn't in a bubble, if Game 7 was at the Air Canada Centre, Raptors would've won that series.
                                They are not beating Bucks, Miami, Boston, Philly. If anything bubble helped them. In normal circumstances that series is not going 7 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X