Game #11 Charlotte Hornets @ Toronto Raptors 7:30 pm. TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Time will tell how good Matt Thomas and TD are.

Maybe we overrating a guy who got let go by Lakers, travelled Europe before coming to NBA and a guy who went undrafted.
    Reason why they aren't playing is because of their defense. Raptors are bottom 10 in defense and rebounding and thats where they need the most help.

Raptors are top 5 in 3 pointers made and attempted, they're 13th in 3P%, but they're at the bottom in 2s made and attempted and 19th in 2P%. Defense and rebounding are bigger issues than their offense. They shoot 3s just fine, which is mainly what TD and especially Matt Thomas provide.
    Last edited by A.I; Fri Jan 15, 2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Reason why they aren't playing is because of their defense. Raptors are bottom 10 in defense and rebounding and thats where they need the most help.

Raptors are top 5 in 3 pointers made and attempted, they're 13th in 3P%, but they're at the bottom in 2s made and attempted and 19th in 2P%. Defense and rebounding are bigger issues than their offense. They shoot 3s just fine, which is mainly what TD and especially Matt Thomas provide.
      That's very fluid right now though. 3 or 4 games ago (I think before the Kings game) we were close to the top defensively, but at the very bottom offensively. Sample is still pretty small. Looking at this team I feel they mostly need:

1. A centre that can participate in the pnr properly (as a target for Lowry) and provide energy on the glass. Right now that's just boucher and he can't play 48min, so to me the other C minutes should go to Siakam, with him as a screener (or handler) on the the pnr.
      2. bench scoring outside boucher, particularly when Lowry is sitting
      3. Contest opponent's 3-ball better
      4. Space, so in the half court offence after Siakam generates gravity in the paint, he has more outlets for a kickout when the double comes (which would rack up his assists), or finish up more easily inside because other defenders have to be glued to shooters. Guys like TD/Thomas are the classic player prototype to unlock Pascal's game like that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

With no center lineups its tough to mess around on defense. These guys absolutely fly around the court on defense. Norm is the option to cut minutes from, but I get why Nurse trusts him more. Its just tough to slot the bench guards who probably deserve minutes into these undersized lineups. We knew this would be a problem coming into the season.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Who did the Pelicans play?
          Lol, I always mix up the Pelicans and the Hornets......

Comment

• Should be interesting to see if the Charlotte's try to gameplan for Boucher tonight. Could open up stuff inside. Let's get the game thread going Yuri...you're one of the few who has gotten the honour to start a second one

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Should be interesting to see if the Charlotte's try to gameplan for Boucher tonight. Could open up stuff inside. Let's get the game thread going Yuri...you're one of the few who has gotten the honour to start a second one
              Wake up Yuri it’s game day.

Comment

• Raps really struggled when Charlotte went to zone...which probably mean Charlotte plays more zone tonight. That’s a fun part of these back to backs you see adjustments game to game.

If I’m Charlotte I’m playing zone for all the non Lowry minutes and for a lot of the game for that matter. Matt Thomas would be good against the zone need some shooting to keep them honest

Comment

Working...
                X