X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://official.nba.com/last-two-mi...&eventNum=2166

Comment

• Floptown
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Comment

• Where's the contact? He seems to have evaded it
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I have yet to see an angle that shows any contact at all, never mind enough to call a foul.
            And the pic they're using wasn't even from that play lol

Comment

• Hey, it's game day!

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Where's the contact? He seems to have evaded it
                https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MRepo...eId=0022000191

Johnson (TOR) jumps towards Rozier (CHA) and makes contact with his lower body during his shooting motion that affects his jump shot attempt.

Comment

• That's the same video I've watched over and over that doesn't show any angle to see the contact which could be incidental if any.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's the same video I've watched over and over that doesn't show any angle to see the contact which could be incidental if any.
                    From the camera angle under the basket, it looked like Stanley clipped Rozier's knee a bit. But SJ did a great job to quickly spin out of the way and pull his hands back to get the call. But that's people hate about the NBA, it's becoming worse than European football with the acting and shady reffing.

Comment

From the camera angle under the basket, it looked like Stanley clipped Rozier's knee a bit. But SJ did a great job to quickly spin out of the way and pull his hands back to get the call. But that's people hate about the NBA, it's becoming worse than European football with the acting and shady reffing.
                      The shady reffing is the worst thing about the NBA, I have lost count as to how many calls I've seen made by refs who weren't even remotely in positio to see what they called and camera reviews should it was a fly by with zero contact. The NBA has to tell them "it's one thing to miss a call you couldn't see but another thing entirely to make a call that never happened. But as long as it favours the top 10 players in the league, the NBA does more than condone it, it encourages it.

It's even worse than the flopping, the hands up pleading for calls, the screaming if you're even touched like you've been shot and the constant "and 1!" yelling. It's become a puzzy league.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's the same video I've watched over and over that doesn't show any angle to see the contact which could be incidental if any.
                        Tbh, I don't see any point why the NBA is doing this. It is utterly pointless if it's not altering the result anyway.
                        Just another nonsense shallow marketing game by Adam Silver to appease the fans and the owners. To me, he is the worst commissioner ever.
                        The officials aren't making any progress anyway, they keep making mistakes every game and nothing is done to improve their skills apparently.
                        I seriously hate this spineless commissioner. He is ruining basketball.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Jan 18, 2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Tbh, I don't see any point why the NBA is doing this. It is utterly pointless if it's not altering the result anyway.
                          Just another nonsense shallow marketing game by Adam Silver to appease the fans and the owners. To me, he is the worst commissioner ever.
                          The officials aren't making any progress anyway, they keep making mistakes every game and nothing is done to improve their skills apparently.
                          I seriously hate this spineless commissioner. He is ruining basketball.
                          There is a good point to this. It's so the NBA can be transparent and show that the refs are un-biased, meaning that that their incompetence is widespread, yet totally random. Not sure if anybody's gone back and looked at the data to verify that they are equal opportunity offenders.

And changing the game to make it more accessible to the masses, started under Stern with MJ. Silver is just continuing that trend catering to marketing & entertainment. That strategy is working for them, money-wise.

Comment

• Yuri, I know this is a hectic unprecedented pace for the 2021 Raptors. 3 game threads in a row is uncharted territory. But it’s 6 hours to game time! 😉. Keep it rollin’

Comment

There is a good point to this. It's so the NBA can be transparent and show that the refs are un-biased, meaning that that their incompetence is widespread, yet totally random. Not sure if anybody's gone back and looked at the data to verify that they are equal opportunity offenders.

And changing the game to make it more accessible to the masses, started under Stern with MJ. Silver is just continuing that trend catering to marketing & entertainment. That strategy is working for them, money-wise.
                              Money-wise, yes.
                              Game-wise is another thing.
                              It's all about money, marketing, self promotion.
                              Very little is done as far as the integrity of the game is concerned.
                              Silver's attempts to make the team more offense oriented results in all of these bs officiating.
                              They rake in billions annually, yet they can't address the officiating.

Also, your point about transparency and non bias shows the league's utter hypocrisy because they keep repeating the same errors which obviously favors the superstars and the big market teams.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Jan 18, 2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Yuri, I know this is a hectic unprecedented pace for the 2021 Raptors. 3 game threads in a row is uncharted territory. But it’s 6 hours to game time! 😉. Keep it rollin’
                                Lucky game 13!

Comment

Working...
                                X