Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Man I miss court surfing on the score
    I'm pretty sure they had Court Surfing on SN360 last year, didn't they? Was I that out of it? I had the super sports pack most of the year(football reasons).
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

    Comment


    • #17
      TSN is going to ramp up its coverage of the NBA after the US NCAA College Football season fades in December. They have 5 new channels to fill and they are joined at the hip with ESPN so look for more NBA coverage in general.

      Love to see them re-purpose some of the money they were using on NHL broadcasts and broadcast teams on a bona fide NBA analyst type show. Maybe bring in former Raptor and ESPN guy Jalen Rose to do a show with Sam Mitchell and Jack Ramsay for an hour every other night. If nothing else it will make for great live televison.

      Rogers (sportsnet) and the NHL inside of 3 years will come to rue that exclusive deal they cut. Look for a divorce based on illness. The NHL gets sick of Rogers and Rogers gets sick of the NHL.
      Alumni of the greatest minor hockey team ever.... the 1964 Schumacher Bears.

      Comment


      • #18
        Neither. TSN's coverage is getting better though i give them that.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • #19
          Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          TSN is going to ramp up its coverage of the NBA after the US NCAA College Football season fades in December. They have 5 new channels to fill and they are joined at the hip with ESPN so look for more NBA coverage in general.

          Love to see them re-purpose some of the money they were using on NHL broadcasts and broadcast teams on a bona fide NBA analyst type show. Maybe bring in former Raptor and ESPN guy Jalen Rose to do a show with Sam Mitchell and Jack Ramsay for an hour every other night. If nothing else it will make for great live televison.

          Rogers (sportsnet) and the NHL inside of 3 years will come to rue that exclusive deal they cut. Look for a divorce based on illness. The NHL gets sick of Rogers and Rogers gets sick of the NHL.
          In a city that their home team sucked up the joint and is predicted not to make the playoffs ... Rogers is throwing a big blcok party at Dundas square to kick off the NHL season .. The Raptors division champs and set to repeat you will get cricket sounds ...

          I agree TSN should go all out to grow NBA in this city ... It shouldn't be hard ... The city doesn't love it's star player and it's Captain on the hockey side but Raps roster is filled with playes this city loves ..

          Comment


          • #20
            We will probably still get relegated to TSN2. Pub night will be on the main channel. Followed by a strong man competition and then some Snooker. On TSN2 we can miss the first 2 quarters because a lacrosse game goes long.

            Comment


            • #21
              Pill wrote: View Post
              We will probably still get relegated to TSN2. Pub night will be on the main channel. Followed by a strong man competition and then some Snooker. On TSN2 we can miss the first 2 quarters because a lacrosse game goes long.
              I dont think they put us on TSN 2 because no one gives a shit. I think it's because the know we DO care. Enough that we'd pay extra for TSN 2 and 3,4,5,6 however many they have, just to watch raps games
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

              Comment


              • #22
                All I have to say is thank god for NBA TV / Raptor TV !

                Comment


                • #23
                  e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  I dont think they put us on TSN 2 because no one gives a shit. I think it's because the know we DO care. Enough that we'd pay extra for TSN 2 and 3,4,5,6 however many they have, just to watch raps games
                  Disagree. If that were the case, then the Leafs would be on TSN2, because we all know that Leafs fans will pay anything, no matter the cost.

                  The main network is reserved for the the highest drawing sports because their advertising space generate the most revenue. Ford (for example) isn't going to pay top dollar if only a handful of viewers are seeing their commercials.

                  The Raptors, just don't have the national TV numbers yet.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Oct 2, 2014, 12:44 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I like 590 for my Raps stuff, as TSN gives us Raps fans the short stick. I hope they're smart and place us on TSN4, as that is the main channel for Toronto people. But I bet we will get more Sens and Jets games instead. That's a big shame.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Just so some of you know, TSN is not carrying hockey for the next 12 years on any of their channels. Rogers bought the NHL deal.

                      Perfect time for them to bring in the new breed of Raptors/NBA viewers. I wish it was the other way around and Rogers had the NBA, I like their personalities better. Plus they have Tim and Sid!
                      The Double Champ is here!
                      Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                      Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Just so some of you know, TSN is not carrying hockey for the next 12 years on any of their channels. Rogers bought the NHL deal.

                        Perfect time for them to bring in the new breed of Raptors/NBA viewers. I wish it was the other way around and Rogers had the NBA, I like their personalities better. Plus they have Tim and Sid!
                        TSN doesn't have national NHL rights, but they still carry loads of regional games, including a lot of Leafs games in the GTA. So it's not quite as wide open a schedule as you make it seem. Nonetheless, there is an opportunity there.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          NBA TV has best Raptors coverage. Sirius XM NBA radio has good overall league coverage. Justin Termine and Frank Isola are knowledgable.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            TSN doesn't have national NHL rights, but they still carry loads of regional games, including a lot of Leafs games in the GTA. So it's not quite as wide open a schedule as you make it seem. Nonetheless, there is an opportunity there.
                            Woops, My bad! I thought I was certain that Rogers was doing all games from now on... Either way, it doesn't seem like they have too many games. As you say, still a big opportunity to create something nice with the basketball community.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Logically one would think since TSN lost the hockey rights to Rogers they would be inclined to show and cover more Raptors related but knowing the idiots at TSN they will still no give a shit about the Raps
                              More curling bro!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I'm not sure who covers it best now but hopefully tsn takes the reins on this one. They've got the game tonight, they're doing a basketball preface on their radio station. I hope they run with basketball instead of hockey leftovers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X