Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Sports radio is a business.. and the smart thing to do for a business is to cater towards your audience. There are frankly way more Leafs fans then Raptors fans. If that ever changes (and I don't suspect it will anytime soon), then Raptor talk will always come in after the Leafs. I'd say there are more Blue Jay fans then Raptor fans as well.. so baseball talk will get a lot of play as well (the good thing for the Raptors is that the Raptors season begins when the Blue Jays season ends).
    Completely agree. That's what I was referring to about accepting being #2. Then again, you'd think that in today's day of niche marketing, there would be some way to get Raptors radio coverage in the morning. You can get a chocolate bar in any flavour you want (one that used to only be available in plain), there are dozens of sports channels, satellite channels. There must be a way to get this done. I would even listen to ads during the broadcast. Maybe the key is to do a post game podcast that could include call ins / text ins / tweet ins. You could play that the next morning instead of having to listen to an endless debate about who should be the Leafs' seventh defenseman. I do that with the Hoops show on the fan but it's just once/week. I'm not sure if the technology exists. Let's get it done!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Sports radio is a business.. and the smart thing to do for a business is to cater towards your audience. There are frankly way more Leafs fans then Raptors fans. If that ever changes (and I don't suspect it will anytime soon), then Raptor talk will always come in after the Leafs. I'd say there are more Blue Jay fans then Raptor fans as well.. so baseball talk will get a lot of play as well (the good thing for the Raptors is that the Raptors season begins when the Blue Jays season ends).
      I understand what you are saying but it is a self perpetuating action/result. One would think that someone (at either station) would take the current opportunity of the ascendancy of Raptor popularity and get in at the ground floor by just some what balancing the coverage. The major problem here is that the only 2 sports stations in this town each have the radio rights (tsn) and tv rights (mostly 590) sewn up and feel they have to outdo each other. Maybe an outfit like 1010 can step up and get into the game...but they have a somewhat stodgy senior audience and it would be a real business change for them.

Comment

This city isn't a one sport town .. Must Gardnier giveaway be a subject that takes up most of the radio airways for most of this city ???

Comment

Wow the Raps got a lot of talk this morning ... Is it something about the Toronto Media that losing spurs on more conversation then winning ?

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
            Wow the Raps got a lot of talk this morning ... Is it something about the Toronto Media that losing spurs on more conversation then winning ?
            Probably just TNT hangover....

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
              It seems everytime I turn TSN radio it " The voice of Leaf Nation " ... Who is the voice of Raptor nation ??? The Voice of Leaf nation is either swearing or apathy .. Why not We are the voice of " Raptors "
              Not sure of it was a one time thing but yesterday morning the tsn radio sports updates signed off with "tsn radio, voice of raptors nation".

Comment

The positive of Raptors playing in Leaf Nation is everyone ie media attention is on the Leafs right now ... The Raptors maybe on a mini skid right now but they can fix it without the burden of hounds of media and talk shows telling them what is wrong with them .. They can adjust this on the fly and do it with thought the enviorment ( which is caused by the media at times ) of the sky is falling the sky is falling ..

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Not sure of it was a one time thing but yesterday morning the tsn radio sports updates signed off with "tsn radio, voice of raptors nation".
                  Voice of the Raptors is a 590 saying usually.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Voice of the Raptors is a 590 saying usually.
                    They are both effing b/s ers. Convenient sloganeering....just check out how many invited daily guests/commentators each station has re the Leafs vs. those for the Raptors.....and I wont even include airtime devoted to each team by the regular on-air hosts.
                    I understand the concept of "getting ears" for advt. revenue but the constant saturation of Leaf crap (to the exclusion of stuff NBA) is over-the-top.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      They are both effing b/s ers. Convenient sloganeering....just check out how many invited daily guests/commentators each station has re the Leafs vs. those for the Raptors.....and I wont even include airtime devoted to each team by the regular on-air hosts.
                      I understand the concept of "getting ears" for advt. revenue but the constant saturation of Leaf crap (to the exclusion of stuff NBA) is over-the-top.
                      I know. I hate it.... especially Sundays. Why do they have a whole hour based off racing? Who watches Nascar anyways????? I don't know anyone who does. Not a single person.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I know. I hate it.... especially Sundays. Why do they have a whole hour based off racing? Who watches Nascar anyways????? I don't know anyone who does. Not a single person.
                        This is offensive to in-bred hicks and yokels. Please be more considerate.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          This is offensive to in-bred hicks and yokels. Please be more considerate.
                          As someone who is white, grew up in a hockey crazy household and enjoys the leafs as much as the Raptors, I am not being offensive. Thank you.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

As someone who is white, grew up in a hockey crazy household and enjoys the leafs as much as the Raptors, I am not being offensive. Thank you.
                            Unless you live in a trailer park cooking meth. You don't understand the struggle.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Unless you live in a trailer park cooking meth. You don't understand the struggle.
                              No trailer park, but basement living, having 2 disabilities and being pansexual. So I do get you.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

No trailer park, but basement living, having 2 disabilities and being pansexual. So I do get you.
                                Brother 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X