Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Man I miss court surfing on the score

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Logically one would think since TSN lost the hockey rights to Rogers they would be inclined to show and cover more Raptors related but knowing the idiots at TSN they will still no give a shit about the Raps

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    With TSN's new website, it's hard to say they cover anything well... what garbage!

It's awful how pre-season hockey completely takes over the national sports networks, considering that MLB playoffs are coming up, NFL is kicking off, CFL is in the playoff push, PGA season just wrapped up with the Ryder Cup, etc...

I'd love to see one of the networks take that first step to really push the NBA in Canada. With the Raptors poised to be a top team over the next couple seasons, their 20th anniversary being celebrated, and the NBA all-star game just around the corner, now is the time to step out on that limb.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    May be it's because I have been listening toSportsnet (590) for so long the personalities have got stale. TSN seems to be much better these days. Sportsnet are going to be even more hockey centric this season with the big tv deal with the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.
    Yea baried on a Thursday night ... I am talking about a day time slot ie between 10 to 4 .. I have to tune into ESPN podcasts during the playoffs cause it is like pulling out a tooth to get those two stations to talk hoops ..

590 morning show is dedicating a segment to talk about 2 NHL teams a day prior to the season ... Really we need to know about Nashville and Columbus ???
    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    If the discussion is limited to radio only, then we have to acknowledge that Sportsnet actually broadcasts the games.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    On TSN Jack does the commentary. On Sportsnet Leo does. This is clearly not a debate.

In seriousness, neither are great, but both have improved. I agree with wmcj, with TSN losing a lot of hockey, they are primed to take over Raptors coverage big time.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch etc
    Maybe TSN. They'll need to fill programming with something since Rogers owns the hockey rights in Canada. I'd be thrilled if they tried to really up their coverage of NBA.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    started a topic Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN will have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch ( TSN ) etc ..
Working...
X