Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I like Kyle but I'm also not big on a player is = to or bigger than the team.
    Unless you're a Gretzky, Orr, Favre, Brady, MJ, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams
    And they all finished elsewhere from the city they owned too.

Kyle's simply not in that snack bracket of owning the City ....

He's done a heroes work with somewhat limited skills and made a fortune in the process. He owes the team and city just as much as the other way around but yes, deserves to be hear he's being traded (if he is) from Masai/Bobby before some rando tweet.
    Those franchises and the Cities that hosted those respective teams of those legends you mentioned are very very lucky. Too bad Toronto Raptors are not that super blessed to had and have a player on the same level of those highly elite players. But you have to start with someone and establish a strong and lasting culture for the next generation. Why I equate Kyle Lowry as the representation of this franchise. People can debate and say that it was Vince (I know you are not fond of), or it was Demar, or it was Kawhi. When its all said and done, history will be judge that this organization were very appreciative of the only player who mirrored their core values. Kyle deserve all the respect more from the franchise than the other way around.

Comment

• To Wizards: Lowry + OG + (Thomas or Davis) + 2 FRPs
      To Raps: Beal, Bonga, 2RP

OG can be replaced by a cheaper 3&D SF, or just let Stanley wear jersey #3 and the casuals won't even notice we traded him. lol

Comment

• I'm 100% in agreement that Kyle is the GROAT. But it's also true that he'd be seen much differently (and was) if it wasn't for Kawhi and one very wonderful yet fortunate season. We owe him all respect yet not a never considered to be traded guarantee. After all, he's sure checking out his options this off season and would leave us with just a thank-you-fans tweet....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          To Wizards: Lowry + OG + (Thomas or Davis) + 2 FRPs
          To Raps: Beal, Bonga, 2RP

OG can be replaced by a cheaper 3&D SF, or just let Stanley wear jersey #3 and the casuals won't even notice we traded him. lol
          Remember.. OG is worth $3.8M outgoing.. but $15.1M incoming. He's got a poison pill contract. This won't work since Wizards will be taking in too much money.. need a 3rd team if you want to include OG.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            I'm 100% in agreement that Kyle is the GROAT. But it's also true that he'd be seen much differently (and was) if it wasn't for Kawhi and one very wonderful yet fortunate season. We owe him all respect yet not a never considered to be traded guarantee. After all, he's sure checking out his options this off season and would leave us with just a thank-you-fans tweet....
            If Kyle didn't win a championship, people would still say Derozan is the GROAT, who also hasn't won anything.

I don't have a problem with people saying Kyle wouldn't be the GROAT without Kawhi, but I have a problem with people using the word "carry". Yes, Kawhi helped us win a championship, but "carried" is such an overused term. Kyle, Pascal, Gasol, Fred and Ibaka all had a big impact in the Bucks and Warriors series and Kawhi led the way as the superstar he is. Only carry job was the Sixers series where he averaged 35 points and shot 39 times in Game 7 and then Kawhi limped his way through the Bucks and Warriors series.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If Kyle didn't win a championship, people would still say Derozan is the GROAT, who also hasn't won anything.

I don't have a problem with people saying Kyle wouldn't be the GROAT without Kawhi, but I have a problem with people using the word "carry". Yes, Kawhi helped us win a championship, but "carried" is such an overused term. Kyle, Pascal, Gasol, Fred and Ibaka all had a big impact in the Bucks and Warriors series and Kawhi led the way as the superstar he is. Only carry job was the Sixers series where he averaged 35 points and shot 39 times in Game 7 and then Kawhi limped his way through the Bucks and Warriors series.
              Yeah why didn't Kawhi "carry" Clippers?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The KLOE situation should be handled very much the way Memphis handled Gasol and Conley. If the Raptors and Lowry part ways, I'll hope there's been discussion and mutual understanding. Lowry absolutely should not be blindsided the way DeMar was, not after all this.

At this point the longer term goal of any Norm/Lowry/new contracts transactions should be to build the asset base back up - there aren't enough pieces there to make a franchise-changing move. The Raptors could use a couple more assets to set themselves up to be players in the trade market. I don't think tanking for picks is within reach right now, they'd really have to tear down the roster. They should keep developing their core, stay relevant, and aim for trades. Disgruntled stars are getting moved almost every year now. You have control in those situations and have immediate change - you're not waiting 3-5 years for a rookie to mature and hit his prime, you're not gambling on lottery odds (and talent odds within the draft), you're working from your current starting point and moving forward. The Raptors did it with Kawhi, Brooklyn's making it happen right now (included a FA signing), I think it's a reasonable way forward for a team in the Raptors' position.

With an improved cupboard of assets and continued development of guys like Flynn/TD, you'd also hope to have the flexibility to include a core guy (Fred/Siakam/OG) in a potential major deal and still have enough talent left over to contend. Right now the issue is major deals likely wouldn't leave enough talent still on the roster to really move forward. That has to be resolved - through trades and just patience with the development process (takes time).
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• No way I trade OG for Beal. The whole idea with Beal is you have to surround him with top notch defenders.

The Beal trades that might make sense are a) Lowry for Beal, in a three way deal where Lowry ends up on a contender and that contender helps us out with the asset cost for Beal, or b) an FVV package for Beal with our own picks and cheaper young guys forming the asset base.

Obviously the dream is Washington liking your picks and prospects enough to trade Beal for expirings (something like Baynes, Powell, McCaw, etc) along with your assets but the Raptors don't have the picks for that (and shouldn't be willing to part with stuff way down the road anyway).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    No way I trade OG for Beal. The whole idea with Beal is you have to surround him with top notch defenders.

The Beal trades that might make sense are a) Lowry for Beal, in a three way deal where Lowry ends up on a contender and that contender helps us out with the asset cost for Beal, or b) an FVV package for Beal with our own picks and cheaper young guys forming the asset base.

Obviously the dream is Washington liking your picks and prospects enough to trade Beal for expirings (something like Baynes, Powell, McCaw, etc) along with your assets but the Raptors don't have the picks for that (and shouldn't be willing to part with stuff way down the road anyway).
                    lol. OG is a highly replaceable 3&D wing. Beal can single-handedly carry an offense. They are at completely different levels, in terms of what they do. If OG is the price for Beal, you take that and run and laugh at the Wizards front office. You can always find a top notch defender on the FA or trade market. You can't find a guy who can carry an offense at 38% USG with above league average efficiency. In fact, Beal might be even better than he's showing, if he doesn't have to play for an old-school coach like Scott Brooks.

And having a guy like Beal, who can absorb all of the focus and attention from an opposing defense, would put FVV and Pascal back in their rightful places in the pecking order as secondary and tertiary options.... they would become efficient offensive studs again.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. OG is a highly replaceable 3&D wing. Beal can single-handedly carry an offense. They are at completely different levels, in terms of what they do. If OG is the price for Beal, you take that and run and laugh at the Wizards front office. You can always find a top notch defender on the FA or trade market. You can't find a guy who can carry an offense at 38% USG with above league average efficiency. In fact, Beal might be even better than he's showing, if he doesn't have to play for an old-school coach like Scott Brooks.

And having a guy like Beal, who can absorb all of the focus and attention from an opposing defense, would put FVV and Pascal back in their rightful places in the pecking order as secondary and tertiary options.... they would become efficient offensive studs again.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No way the Wizards would trade Beal for OG though lol. C'mon man. We really have lost our minds.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I should hope not, Derozan at no point was ever the GROAT, let alone after being gone 3 years. Kyle has been the GROAT since probably 2018, before that it was Vince Carter since 2000, who took the title from Zan Tabak
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Golden and Trex are right. Beal is way more valuable than OG, hands down, you do that trade any day. If our FO has an overly conservative mindset in overvaluing our guys or being too sentimental with Lowry, we won't go anywhere and our assets will collectively wilt while we're stuck at the 7-11 position.

At the deadline, we should either go hard at beal as a win-now move, or go the other direction and shop Lowry for a rebuild.

We also gotta stop underrating players that know how to put the ball in the damn basket, just because they're not the idyllic defender. Our collective defence is one of the most well coached, complex and physically demanding in the league. It will survive. What the team needs now is bucket getters for a change.

The only thing is Lowry doesn't fit the Wizs, as they're not a contender (so it'd have to be a 3-way). The ideal destination for Lowry would be a team already close to it, in need of a HOF caliber vet to put them over the edge (like Gasol was for us in 2019). Those teams are Dallas, Denver, Philly and Clips, and that's pretty much it.
                            Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Jan 29, 2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• I wish you could trade OG for Beal lol
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                No way the Wizards would trade Beal for OG though lol. C'mon man. We really have lost our minds.
                                Rockets traded Harden and ended up with only: Oladipo (expiring UFA) + Kurucs/Exum + boatload of picks & swaps.

If it's not a star-for-star trade, the team losing the star seems to be okay receiving a lot of picks, so another strategy could be to trade some assets to teams sitting on a lot of picks (e.g. OKC, NOP, NYK, HOU).

For example, OG to OKC for 2 FRPs could work, because OKC is under the cap and OG would fit with their young core. Flipping Lowry for a 1 FRP would be ideal, if there's a deal out there for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X