Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slaw wrote: View Post

    I get the impression that both Lowry and management preferred he stayed in Toronto but agreed that they would all accept a trade if it was to a good situation and got a good return for the organization. That left the Raptors in a position to establish a bottom line and stick to it, as opposed to a team like Houston where Oladipo wasn't staying and they needed to get something for him.

    I highly doubt that there were a lot of suitors for Lowry as he only made sense for a a select group of teams and only a few of those had the wherewithal to make anything happen.
    Yup, that's fair.

    Comment


    • The Great One wrote: View Post

      I don't really listen to what other people say. I have my own opinion. I know what I saw from Rondo last year in the bubble. Rondo has another gear that he can go to in the playoffs. And all the Clippers really need from him is bring leadership and facilitate the offense, they don't need him to be Chris Paul.
      Lakers last year had a very strong personality (James) that can control a head case like Rondo. Do you see that strong personality on Clippers? I dont & thats why Ill be shocked if they get out of 2nd round.

      Comment


      • Mapko wrote: View Post

        Lakers last year had a very strong personality (James) that can control a head case like Rondo. Do you see that strong personality on Clippers? I dont & thats why Ill be shocked if they get out of 2nd round.
        I put a couple bucks on the clippers to win it all at a decent number..that way if Kawhi wins the title, at least I can wipe my tears with 100 dollar bills
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • The two teams that the Raptors should target in the offseason are:

          Indiana (Sabonis/ Turner/ Brogdon)
          Minnesota (KAT)

          What it would take to acquire one of their own top end talent in exchange of the two relatively aging core plus pieces and future picks.

          I really wanted to see how Nick Nurse can once again do with that.

          OG however remained as the untouchable IMO.



          Comment


          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            The two teams that the Raptors should target in the offseason are:

            Indiana (Sabonis/ Turner/ Brogdon)
            Minnesota (KAT)

            What it would take to acquire one of their own top end talent in exchange of the two relatively aging core plus pieces and future picks.

            I really wanted to see how Nick Nurse can once again do with that.

            OG however remained as the untouchable IMO.


            I agree. Kat would be a BIG ask... I think you get Kat and you reset the entire core because it would take siakam picks and other things.. and if we hit in the top 5 I don't know if I wanna trade this years pick.


            Turner is gettable. Brogdon is possibly gettable. I think a Fred for Brogdon swap makes a ton of sense.

            Comment


            • I don't think a team #1 option can be a C in todays game. KAT is a great player, but I don't think a team based around him is ever going to win a championship. Don't get me wrong, we need a C bad, but I wouldn't gut the team to get a top 5 C. I would be looking for a strong youth project.

              Comment


              • I am not equating him with Duncan by all means but we are not that far removed from Timmy’s Championship years.

                Could still be doable. Minnesota obviously failed to surround him the necessary pieces to make him a center piece of a winning team.

                He is 25, OG is 23. Not bad of a big combo there.

                I liked KAT, he is a high character guy who Masai historically definitely may go for without question.

                He may also not mind playing north of the border

                Comment


                • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  I am not equating him with Duncan by all means but we are not that far removed from Timmy’s Championship years.

                  Could still be doable. Minnesota obviously failed to surround him the necessary pieces to make him a center piece of a winning team.

                  He is 25, OG is 23. Not bad of a big combo there.

                  I liked KAT, he is a high character guy who Masai historically definitely may go for without question.

                  He may also not mind playing north of the border
                  Timmy's last championship was Kawhi's coming out party. They also had Parker and Manu.

                  If we trade the core to get him, we are left with KAT and OG (whom I love, but is no Kawhi). KAT as a number 1 option hasn't worked for Minny. If it was a S&T for Lowry (which would never fly) I would do it, but to send out FVV, Siakam, and our Pick (which is probably the ask to get him) leaves us with KAT, OG and no other assets.

                  Comment


                  • Shredder wrote: View Post

                    Timmy's last championship was Kawhi's coming out party. They also had Parker and Manu.

                    If we trade the core to get him, we are left with KAT and OG (whom I love, but is no Kawhi). KAT as a number 1 option hasn't worked for Minny. If it was a S&T for Lowry (which would never fly) I would do it, but to send out FVV, Siakam, and our Pick (which is probably the ask to get him) leaves us with KAT, OG and no other assets.
                    My response was in the context of you stating that you don’t believed that a team based around a Player like KAT is ever going to win a Championship...why I said that it can be doable with Duncan as my reference point which was still fairly recent. But again definitely not equating him with Duncan. Obviously as you stated, the pieces around Duncan were more highly talented and no doubt future HoFers.

                    You implied that you don’t see KAT as a number 1 option especially with his situation in Minny that has failed terribly. In that regard, you however would prefer to sign and trade Lowry to get him but leaving the core FVV and Siakam wherein neither of the two are no.1 options either.

                    In addition, You and I are 100% would agree that move is not happening, no way Minny would give up KAT for a 35 yr old point guard in Lowry. So the only way to get him would be to give up 1 of Siakam or Van Vleet or even both in a multi-player package. I am sure that initial move would not stop Masai or Bobby leaving OG and KAT as the two core going forward but that is not bad for a start. Both are still within the age timeline and have a higher ceiling to grow together. I honestly don’t see that from both Van Vleet and Siakam as the duo being 28yrs old with still another tier to elevate their games. Arguably Siakam but not Van Vleet with his physical limitations.

                    Maybe the tank commanders have good intentions...trading 1 of Van Vleet or Siakam or maybe both plus this upcoming draft pick to get a player like KAT.
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Mar 30, 2021, 06:14 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X